Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,399 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

In Respone To Seun - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / In Respone To Seun (1009 Views)

Tribalism On Nairaland: Seun Plss Do Something: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Respone To Seun by girl22(f): 1:49pm On Jun 20, 2008
I just recently returned from a trip to China. I spent a few days in Shanghai, but the city I visited specifically was Harbin in NE China.

Judging from the awe and intrigue registered on the faces of every Chinese person that saw me, I could tell that people in that city have had little or no contact with a black person in the past.

For seven days, I did not set eyes on a single black person. How can a city of 5.3 million people be so devoid of a particular race? Now and again, you bump into caucasians from all parts of the globe, but not blacks.

Is this an indication of why blacks aren't progressive?

Blacks have very little curiosity about the world they live in. Blacks are not known for exploring new frontiers. Blacks are masters at finger-pointing about how much of a raw deal they've gotten, usually from whites. However, I can see opportunities at our feet that we're not seizing.

The largest chunk of the blame goes to African-Americans. These people, who are incredibly racist anti-whites, are often willing to forgo their own advancement, just to prove that whites are indeed racist against them.

I was astonished at the low prices of goods and services in China. African-Americans have opportunities that the rest of the world doesn't. African-Americans often don't go to school, even though they can. They hardly take a leap of faith to become entrepreneurs, even though America offers such opportunities. When was the last time you saw a black American with his own store of goods ordered from China?

African and Carribean blacks are just as guilty. However, I'm willing to give them a little pass due to the poverty situation in Africa. African-American blacks however, don't get a pass.

Wake up Afro-Americans! Opportunities exist beyond your immediate vicinities. Explore them. As your standard of living improves in America, you'd gradually be in a position to bring other blacks around the globe onboard

This is a post i stumbled upon by you. when slavery ended 99% of blacks were illiterate,dedpite that you had blacks who could build houses,make hand made furniture,grow food ect. they could make their own tools whatever.

you had illiterate black people in america making inventions. we never used not having an education as an excuse.

They are the reason the black race as a whole is a step behind.
No its africans and carribean people fault they are behind.

African-Americans often don't go to school, even though they can
Its black americans that can work on cars,fix anything your house that breaks ect. and never stpped foot in a school. they know how to take used parts from a junk yard and build a mopad.

[b]black americans know how to hustle to make money. i have a cousin who own 5 businesses and never stepped foot in a school.

black foreigners ned to get that false idea that the only way to become successful is by going to school.
black americans collectively as a group made it not because they were educated[/b]but because they mastered the art of survival

why is it that blacks americans who suffered 10 times worse than africans and just as bad as caribeans made it?
we mastered the art of survival.

1 Like

Re: In Respone To Seun by NubianQ(f): 11:22pm On Jun 22, 2008
well truth be told. black people like to explore but som shallow minded countires never let them in anyway. so the mention of black people not seeing the world is becaue those countires dont make it easy.

secondly, Black africans are very educated people! Esp Nigerians.
Re: In Respone To Seun by thando(f): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2008
my ppl dont eva glorify not being educated .how the hell does someone run 5 successful businesses wen they neither read nor write unless they dealing in illegal substances running a brothel or sumthin of the like
Re: In Respone To Seun by romeo(m): 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2008
thando:

my people don't eva glorify not being educated .how the hell does someone run 5 successful businesses when they neither read nor write unless they dealing in illegal substances running a brothel or sumthin of the like

I guess you're still a kid wink
Re: In Respone To Seun by girl22(f): 2:15am On Jun 24, 2008
my people don't eva glorify not being educated .how the hell does someone run 5 successful businesses when they neither read nor write unless they dealing in illegal substances running a brothel or sumthin of the like

i did not glorify being uneducated. i said black people made it though they weren't and didn't have proper access to education. despite the fact they were deprived of these opportunities they still survived.
i if you would READ, I said my cousin runs five business and never stepped foot in a school meaning (college).
He just has good business sense. He bought a house rented it out. saved up some money to buy some more property ect.
Re: In Respone To Seun by Hero(m): 4:38am On Jun 24, 2008
girl22:

i did not glorify being uneducated. i said black people made it though they weren't and didn't have proper access to education. despite the fact they were deprived of these opportunities they still survived.
i if you would READ, I said my cousin runs five business and never stepped foot in a school meaning (college).
He just has good business sense. He bought a house rented it out. saved up some money to buy some more property ect.

Exactly.
Re: In Respone To Seun by Nobody: 4:44am On Jun 24, 2008
NubianQ:

well truth be told. black people like to explore but som shallow minded countires never let them in anyway. so the mention of black people not seeing the world is becaue those countires don't make it easy.

secondly, Black africans are very educated people! Esp Nigerians.

Excellent point.
Girl22, you can talk of exploring if you have a US passport, if you have an African passport AND happen to be black Asian countries make it EXTREMELY DIFFICULT for you to travel to their countries and live there.

Its easy if u're white. They treat you like a god.

(1) (Reply)

The Experiences Of Rape Victims / Port-harcourt Is Part Of Igboland / Ohaneze Ndi-igbo Honours Ukwuani LGA Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.