Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? (1591 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief / Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 16, 2013
Hello House,

please I need clarification on this issue. My friend is about to get married in a Christ Embassy branch outside Lagos, and they are requesting N50,000. The lady getting married is a member, but she's been told to pay, saying it's required to handle a few things...
Are you a member or pastor, or anyone who is aware of this, please just confirm or rebuff this.
thanks.
Re: Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 16, 2013
Pastor JoAgbaje shall be here quickly....

... As soon as he's done calculating yesterday's tithes.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 16, 2013
please I really need an answer, it's pretty tough to comprehend it.
Re: Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? by dominique(f): 10:11am On Sep 16, 2013
I don't find this so surprising based on what I've heard about the church. let's see how the members will try to justify this.
Re: Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 16, 2013
dominique: I don't find this so surprising based on what I've heard about the church. let's see how the members will try to justify this.

I was shocked, my jaws literally dropped. For the first time I seriously understand what smh means, cause as I ponder on the issue I just unconsciously smh.
Re: Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? by Atigba: 12:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
The op could be right...anything is possible in that church,if a pastor could publicly instruct his members to vote for a particular candidate in a general election that God told him so, just because the deputy is a member of the church watin u expect.
Re: Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? by made2fit(f): 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
Well, I don't know about Christ Embassy but my sister married Last year in another popular penticostal church and she paid N10,000 for according to her, generator, certificate and contingencies. I wasn't pleased because the Bride and Groom were both long standing members who were conducting the wedding by faith. Seeing that they were not that bouyant, the church was placing more financial burden on them instead of helping out.IMO
Re: Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
made2fit: Well, I don't know about Christ Embassy but my sister married Last year in another popular penticostal church and she paid N10,000 for according to her, generator, certificate and contingencies. I wasn't pleased because the Bride and Groom were both long standing members who were conducting the wedding by faith. Seeing that they were not that bouyant, the church was placing more financial burden on them instead of helping out.IMO

That is just unbelievable and crazy....so if your sis refused to pay, would they have gotten to the church and met no pastor there to conduct....
what is going on.....
Re: Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? by gazilion: 9:04am On Sep 18, 2013
I'm not from Christ Embassy, but when I was getting married in another Pentecostal church, we did pay a little amount of money (I'm not sure it was compulsory) but for the officiating ministers and other people taking care of the church premises to celebrate with us. They will buy and prepare their own food since most of them will not be at the reception. If you don't have it, they will still wed you but it's just good they celebrated with us after they have officiated the entire service. I never complained, not because I had the money but for the joy that I was getting married and I appreciated all the efforts of the church...I was willing to do it. Tell your friend to stop complaining, if he has it, let him pay, you don't do it twice but if he doesn't, let him talk to the church to accept whatever he can offer.
Re: Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
u2 1 day: please I really need an answer, it's pretty tough to comprehend it.
The answr is that "its all about your money"
Re: Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? by PastorKun(m): 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
If CEC can charge their members gate fee to attend their watch night service, it's not surprising they are charging for wedding service.

1 Like

Re: Is It True Christ Embassy Collects Fees Before Wedding Couples? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
It's totally unbecoming of Christ Embassy to charge a fee to wed a member of their church....the offering that will be giving during the wedding...wiser pocket does it go to. just saddening, turning a church into an event center.

(1) (Reply)

God: The Abusive Father / Ayanma... Vs Akunleyan... / 100 Reasons You Should Go To Church Every Sunday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.