Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off (20362 Views)

Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by ichidodo: 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

We r not cowards like u nigerians, we will tear Egypt apart. We fear no one except God.
O.k we have heard, play them first and understand the true meaning of Arab spring.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by pazienza(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
Firstly, Cape verde got disqualified and got replaced by a weak Tunisia, then Cameroon got drawn with Tunisia( the weakest team in pot 1).

I hope a certain cameroonian who holds a firm grip on CAF is not sacrificing Africa's chance of making a big impact in Brazil,on the altar of blind patroitism!
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by GHKWAME(m): 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
Friends 0f Egypt
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by ichidodo: 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
pazienza: CAF needs deliverance, Ghana and Egypt have no business playing against each other at this stage,they should be in Brazil doing Africa proud, if we don't send our best teams to world cup, then it's only a matter of time before our five qualification slots become reduced.

I predict Nigeria,Ghana,Tunisia,Ivory coast and Burkina faso to go through. Still a strong contigent,but we could have gotten a better one if only Cameroon was paired with Egypt and Tunisia with Ghana, that way, we would have been able to replace a weak Tunisia with a stronger and better Egypt.

You cannot say Ghana is a top African team and so must not be seeded with Egypt, if Ghana doesnt play Egypt, who will play Egypt? Nigeria?! Let us appease Egypt with their sacrifice (Ghana),Please i don't want to miss this WorldCup,age is not on my side.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by pazienza(m): 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
Double post.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Litmus: 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
David v Goliath, England v Cameroon; history is full of lessons. I was young when England played Cameroon, much less David v Goliath but i'll never forget the smile of inarguable victory on the faces of the English players as they emerged from the tunnel. In the end, however, they needed the help of the referee to beat Cameroon.

So the lesson is, as long as Nigeria give Ethiopia the respect they deserve Nigeria should do well.

Ghana v Egypt feels like Karma but then again it could be nature preparing us for a gloat-fest when in a few Months time we get a result like this:

Ghana 2 Egypt 1
Nigeria1 Ethiopia 2

God forbid the second result so lets not gloat least Karma strikes.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by achimotan(m): 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
pazienza: CAF needs deliverance, Ghana and Egypt have no business playing against each other at this stage,they should be in Brazil doing Africa proud, if we don't send our best teams to world cup, then it's only a matter of time before our five qualification slots become reduced.

I predict Nigeria,Ghana,Tunisia,Ivory coast and Burkina faso to go through. Still a strong contigent,but we could have gotten a better one if only Cameroon was paired with Egypt and Tunisia with Ghana, that way, we would have been able to replace a weak Tunisia with a stronger and better Egypt.

It was bound to happen with way the teams were seeded and grouped. Wishing my black stars the best of luck.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Babakenny(m): 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
OkwaIfugo: OP why cant you make this in just one post so that I will be the first to comment.
haba.you just ruined my chances.

How much are u going to be paid for commenting first? By the way, how old are u?? Are u working? If u can answer those positively, then I see no reason why u shld be crying for not commenting first.. Like those I normally kick against who used to say, end time tinz... First to comment language is so boring, unprofessional and childish..
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Babakenny(m): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
Litmus: David v Goliath, England v Cameroon; history is full of lessons. I was young when England played Cameroon, much less David v Goliath but i'll never forget the smile of inarguable victory on the faces of the English players as they emerged from the tunnel. In the end, however, they needed the help of the referee to beat Cameroon.

So the lesson is, as long as Nigeria give Ethiopia the respect they deserve Nigeria should do well.

Ghana v Egypt feels like Karma but then again it could be nature preparing us for a gloat-fest when in a few Months time we get a result like this:

Ghana 2 Egypt 1
Nigeria1 Ethiopia 2

I don't belief ur predictions..
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by JOYCEOUS(f): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
abdul23: bring which cup?Do you think this one is marathon?

Lol! You're mean.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
Haha,GOD don ansa ma prayer.Abeg make dem bring d 2nd leg come calabar o.I go sitdown near the ethopian galz dem,chatting with one of d fine galz and mayb sumtin might lead to sumtin,she go follow me go.I know nigeria wil beat dem and qualify,dat would open more doors 4 me(only sharp guyz know wat i mean).
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by BankuTilapia: 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2013
ichidodo: You cannot say Ghana is a top African team and so must not be seeded with Egypt, if Ghana doesnt play Egypt, who will play Egypt? Nigeria?! Let us appease Egypt with their sacrifice (Ghana),Please i don't want to miss this WorldCup,age is not on my side.

Utter rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by stagger: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
I think this draw was fixed. Every one knows it will be bad rep for Africa for its champion to be eliminated from the World Cup playoffs, which is why we were given probably the weakest team among the 10 qualifiers.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by onila(f): 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2013
Emmadani: Haha,GOD don ansa ma prayer.Abeg make dem bring d 2nd leg come calabar o.[b]I go sitdown near the ethopian galz dem,chatting with one of d fine galz and mayb sumtin might lead to sumtin,she go follow me go[/b]I know nigeria wil beat dem and qualify,dat would open more doors 4 me(only sharp guyz know wat i mean).
undecided
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Sovereignangel: 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2013
XFive: Ethiopia Versus Nigeria
it relatively seem this draw is cheap for Nigeria, but it could be a challenge because our boys may take them lightly, which thing may turn and hunt us at the end, my sincere submission.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
stagger: I think this draw was fixed. Every one knows it will be bad rep for Africa for its champion to be eliminated from the World Cup playoffs, which is why we were given probably the weakest team among the 10 qualifiers.
fix or no fix,ma guy abeg let d best team represent.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by pazienza(m): 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
stagger: I think this draw was fixed. Every one knows it will be bad rep for Africa for its champion to be eliminated from the World Cup playoffs, which is why we were given probably the weakest team among the 10 qualifiers.

The whole draw appear to have been badly fixed. CAF couldn't afford having another continental champion not featuring at the world cup, well their solution was to give them the lowest ranked team in pot2. Hayatou wants his cameroon in world cup, well just pair them with the weakest team in Pot1 who has no business being there in the first place,as cape verde is a better team.

Ndi ara!
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by sapientia1(m): 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
k'nash:
then where? ur parlour i think!!!!!
Abuja. Its nw renovated by berger n its ready. And next time, try to be more polite in replying people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by ichidodo: 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Utter rubbish
For Nigeria to make Next year's Soccer Fiesta she mustn't face Egypt but who will bell the cat? Definitely not Nigeria, take heart i know it is going to be painful.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
onila: undecided
wat?Are u frm ethopia?
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Smooyis(m): 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
chriskwaku:

It is going to be the epic battles in Kumasi and Cairo.But my black stars would be victorious
Hmmmmmm. Until then!
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by achimotan(m): 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
ichidodo: [b]For Nigeria to make Next year's Soccer Fiesta [b]she mustn't face Egypt [/b]but who will bell the cat? Definitely not Nigeria, take heart i know it is going to be painful.

Why na ? smiley wink you dey fear! you must get tough opponents to prepare you
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by bigtt76(f): 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
Complacency sets in ...Ethiopia on their way to their first ever World Cup #justsaying grin
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Cjaycjay: 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
My prediction for the five winning teams are:

Nigeria
Egypt
Ivory Coast
Algeria
Tunisia.

Mark my words for this predictions. #fromogaatthetop to Nigeiaatthtop#
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by papi365: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Emmysteve: See why they say Weeds is not good for your health?
LOL
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by ichidodo: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
achimotan:

Why na ? smiley wink you dey fear! you must get tough opponents to prepare you
Bros no be fear, i swear! "Next time" make CAF draw us with Egypt * touches the ground with index finger,licks the finger and raises it to the sky* we shall deal with them mercilessly, Allah.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Ikenna94: 4:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
Litmus: David v Goliath, England v Cameroon; history is full of lessons. I was young when England played Cameroon, much less David v Goliath but i'll never forget the smile of inarguable victory on the faces of the English players as they emerged from the tunnel. In the end, however, they needed the help of the referee to beat Cameroon.

Ghana 2 Egypt 1
Nigeria1 Ethiopia 2

are u a wicked nigerian?is dis d height of unpatriotism
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by MaziOmenuko: 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

We r not cowards like u nigerians, we will tear Egypt apart. We fear no one except God.

Yea, I believe you. Same way you tore all Africans apart and lifted the nations cup early this yearcheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by naptu2: 4:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
It seems like a favourable draw, but we shouldn't be complacent. Remember that Angola qualified for their first world cup because we were complacent.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
Vykiano: Free ticket.... Nigeria for play cameroon.
Yeye!
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by onila(f): 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2013
so when Nigeria beats Ethiopia

its over

we are not going to play with another African nation again?
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by onila(f): 4:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
edit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dortmund Vs Monaco Match Canceled After Bomb Blasts Near Dortmund Team Bus / Opinion: Mikel, A Key To Success Or Failure Of Super Eagles In 2018 World Cup / NFF Appoints Randy Waldrum As Super Falcons’ New Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.