Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Remote Starting In 2009 Corolla S - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remote Starting In 2009 Corolla S (1102 Views)

2009 Corolla Tranny Issue......Solved / 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Or 2009 Corolla S / Running A Straight Pipe On My Corolla S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remote Starting In 2009 Corolla S by Stylz69(m): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
Today I stumbled across a feature I never knew my car had and I want to know if it is a factory fitted option or 3rd party.
I was trying to unlock the car using the remote buttons on the key. I didn't realise I was pressing the lock button and I guess I held it down for about 2 seconds. To my greatest surprise, the dash lit up and the car started. I was startled and tried to unlock the doors but they wouldn't respond to the key press so I used the key to unlock it manually.
Has anyone experienced such? Note that the key is the 4 button key and no extra key fob. Is this a glitch or do these cars come with a remote start feature?
Re: Remote Starting In 2009 Corolla S by Stylz69(m): 7:57am On Sep 17, 2013
So, i scoured the internet and found this on the Toyotanation forum.

Press Lock
Wait a half a second
Press Lock
Wait a second
Press and Hold Lock for three seconds (the car should beep to confirm)

This was the sequence i unintentionally did and started the car using the remote.
Re: Remote Starting In 2009 Corolla S by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:21am On Sep 17, 2013
Stylz69: Today I stumbled across a feature I never knew my car had and I want to know if it is a factory fitted option or 3rd party.
I was trying to unlock the car using the remote buttons on the key. I didn't realise I was pressing the lock button and I guess I held it down for about 2 seconds. To my greatest surprise, the dash lit up and the car started. I was startled and tried to unlock the doors but they wouldn't respond to the key press so I used the key to unlock it manually.
Has anyone experienced such? Note that the key is the 4 button key and no extra key fob. Is this a glitch or do these cars come with a remote start feature?

some cars come with it but as an extra when it is new (extra --- things you pay to customerise to your taste ) or the car might be a unlimited edition (come with lots of extras and the price is higher than of the some model that doesnt have extras)
Re: Remote Starting In 2009 Corolla S by datola: 8:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
My old Toyota Camry 96 model xle had that feature. I mistakenly discovered it too just like you even though it was clearly written when ou open the the bonnet that the car is equipped with remote starting feature.

But note, the car cannot be engaged to derive in that mode. Once you press on any of the pedals the engine goes off.

I don't really see any usefulness of such feature other than to keep the car warm remotely. And keeping car warn before driving has been discouraged as a bad practice.

The remote start thing is not bad at all for shown off.
Re: Remote Starting In 2009 Corolla S by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
datola: My old Toyota Camry 96 model xle had that feature. I mistakenly discovered it too just like you even though it was clearly written when ou open the the bonnet that the car is equipped with remote starting feature.

But note, the car cannot be engaged to derive in that mode. Once you press on any of the pedals the engine goes off.

I don't really see any usefulness of such feature other than to keep the car warm remotely. And keeping car warn before driving has been discouraged as a bad practice.

The remote start thing is not bad at all for shown off.

remember you have to put the key to position number II, then it wont switch off that how all aftermarket remote start work, the ones i have installed

is simple terms if you start the car by remote and try to drive without putting the key back into the ignition barrel and turn it to position II, the start will switch off, it is a satety feature eg the steering will lock in the middle of driving becoz the key is not there

(1) (Reply)

Death Or Dearth Of The Nigerian Motor Industry. / About Infinity M35 / AC Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.