Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,195 members, 7,811,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank (17157 Views)

Ojukwu’s Niece, 4 Others Arrested For Drug Trafficking (Photo) / Kidnapper Arrested In Owerri After Withdrawing Ransom From Bank / Drama In Ilorin As Suspected Robber Falls From Bank’s Roof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by kayfx2(m): 11:32am On Sep 17, 2013
voltron: FLEXCUBE..arrrrgh that is why we are moving to SAP..ASAP.. Flexcube and her numerous well-paid consultants can do a lot of damage.
Banking Security Policies need to be reviewed and better controls put in place
SAP Is it bro!...Number 1 software company in the World.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by lamekiss: 11:39am On Sep 17, 2013
sharp guys keep it up!!!!!!I luv dat
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Urine: 11:50am On Sep 17, 2013
bibinwaka: if dis guys had cm 2 dis same bank 2 apply 4job wit dis dia talent, dey wud hav told dem dat u dnt no person 4 here so no employmnt. abeg make dem go sidon. mtcheeew!

am nt sayin wat dey did was gud as der is no excuse 4 theft.
just reasoning.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Urine: 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
I raised an issue like this on a thread with some potential ICT Police officers and I was shut down almost immediately. The truth is most systems in the financial industry are weak, this same issue has happened with two other banks this year.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by idu1(m): 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
[quote
author=changes1]And who is that guy that collected only N500,000
self He must be dull o. Now he will pay for it[/quote] my thought exactly...... out of 2 billion naira
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Zoola91(m): 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
did i just hear BILLION OF NAIRA shocked abegiii i wan learn d PROCEDURES......

END TIM TINZZZZZ
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by 3ace(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
O boy, see heavy stealing without violence. But dis guys wicked o. Shey dem no fit go drain banks lik GTB, ZENITH or FIRST BANK ni? Why UNION BANK wey just dey crawl out of financial mess? Increased liability to the tune of N2b? I bet that bank would further downsize if those criminals were not caught.

1 Like

Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by asids55: 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
thank GOD,NO BODY SAID END TIME THINGS!!!
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
I shall applaud the EFCC when they arrest IBB, Obj, Atiku et al that hacked into Nigeria's data bank and looted us blind, thereby leaving us a molested, battered and bloodied lot; lunging at each others jugular and scraping the earth for survival.

1 Like

Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
bad marketing for flexcube and union bank.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by tropaz(m): 12:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
Tolexander: Let's forget this ASUU whatever!
this incidence was reported in january. Was there ASUU strike in january?

To be sincere, many of these guys carry out their act in school(when there isn't ASUU strike) where they have the utmost freedom to do anything which can not be done at home cos they have disciplinarians as parents who give a thorough restriction to their movement and acts.

Go to LAUTECH and other schools notorious for internet scamming and see them with laptops and the instruments used. Most of them don't always like going home or drive the cars bought home during the break cos they know the kind of home they are going where nonsense is forbidden.

Did Cyndi, the lautech guy arrested by efcc for defrauding the americans and europeans N1billion($6.9million), perpetrate the act and arrested during the strike?

u ar mad 4 mentinin lautech in diz...must lautech b involvd?
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Omooba77: 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
tropaz:

He has said the truth LAUTECH is notorious for this sah.............
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
tropaz:

lol.. bit seriously seen more gee bois in Lautech than any other schools ive been to. The only thing I dont like is bout him mentioning names. For him to know Cindy and his exact hit,he must be a Gee boi too
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by omajali2003(m): 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
It amazes me why many intelligent Nigerians prefer to channel their knowledge into criminal activities. We have Nigerians with the potential of Mark Zuckerberg, but rather than think of how to create what will benefit humanity, they prefer to use their knowledge to perpetrate crime or destroy what others have created. Our problem in this country is more than poverty or bad leadership. Our problem is that of attitudinal malaise and "character poverty".

1 Like

Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Omooba77: 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
omajali2003: It amazes me why many intelligent Nigerians prefer to channel their knowledge into criminal activities. We have Nigerians with the potential of Mark Zuckerberg, but rather than think of how to create what will benefit humanity, they prefer to use their knowledge to perpetrate crime or destroy what others have created. Our problem in this country is more than poverty or bad leadership. Our problem is that of attitudinal malaise and "character poverty".
You have said it all; most Nigerians dont know more than so off, partying and womanising. You can't imagine what the so called youth do with their private time.............
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by xptony(m): 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
does guys re dum. They should be learnt from tonetto (fast and furious 4&5).
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by ajanaku2(m): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
Good, sweet deal gone sour! I feel your pains, Hustlers!

That's big Money, you know!

What stopped these Smart Niggers from taking the next available flight to Accra from where they would arrange a Visa to Australia, New Zealand, British Virgin Islands or somewhere in the Carribeans...and start new lives there!

That Money's just too much to be ignored and not investigated by the Bank officials...
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Xion: 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2013

To be sincere, many of these guys carry out their act in school(when there isn't ASUU strike) where they have the utmost freedom to do anything which can not be done at home cos they have disciplinarians as parents who give a thorough restriction to their movement and acts.

Go to LAUTECH and other schools notorious for internet scamming and see them with laptops and the instruments used. Most of them don't always like going home or drive the cars bought home during the break cos they know the kind of home they are going where nonsense is forbidden.

Did Cyndi, the lautech guy arrested by efcc for defrauding the americans and europeans N1billion($6.9million), perpetrate the act and arrested during the strike?

Lautech's case is just too much. I remain a proud Lautech graduate
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Omooba77: 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
Xion:

Under G boys!!!!!!!!!
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by horlabiyi(m): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2013

Why don't you just STFU and stop mentioning LAUTECH in the name of crime/scam bloody asshole
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by normaljenny(m): 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
changes1: And who is that guy that collected only N500,000 self He must be dull o. Now he will pay for it

That was the only reason why the deal blew up. Those main guys are real greedy men, they should have given the guy something in area of N50m and above, as I believe that would have shut his mouth. Even if na me N500,000 won't make me shut up. Maybe the guy unrealizing from security agents that it was upto N2.b, got angry that he was lied to and decieved into taking just that peanut decided to call names. Greedy guys, serves them right.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by horlabiyi(m): 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
deeptesting: My annoyance with the youths who perpetuate this crimes is how they spend the ill gotten wealth, buying of cars, living in complex and flamboyant houses..How can someone spend 45million Naira on just 4 bedroom duplex which is of no economic value? What the hell is a young man doing with four cars of no economic value? These are the reasons I don't equate their crimes to poverty and unemployment. I mean you can build a 4 bedroom flat with 7 million buy an SUV for 1.5 million all your expenses within 10 million and invest the remaining 35million and say good bye to crime and poverty...Well na dem sabi ooooooo.
Firstly, you need to go to Abuja/Lagos and stop your so called POLITHIEFans. Have you forgotten that Bankole d former Speaker bought a building worth 4billion naira during his time.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by horlabiyi(m): 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
We keep using our God given talents negatively in this Country..ThankGod for people like Oluwaseun Osewa,Linda Ikeji & others putting their Computer talents & knowledge into positive use.

But using your talents & knowledge to invade a bank's database and manipulate it to divert funds, its crime.
A proper and positive use of computer talent & knowledge can earn you millions of Naira, you only need to sit & think. If you don't believe me, ask Seun Osewa.
Go and preach to them in Russia first. Mtcheew
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by ediko5(m): 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
changes1:

So should we forget it and fold our arms while undergraduates commit crimes I am not saying they are the cause but jobless undergraduates will do more if the strike lingers .

Of a truth an idle mind is the devil's workshop/control room.

It is people like you who are promoting crimes and evil act in this country.
How can you support such an inhuman act just because of ASUU strike. They say "Youths are the leaders of tomorrow" then is this how the youths themselves can show example to even our corrupts leaders on how they will or can lead our country in future. Please let's stop attributing every single crime to either unemployment or the so called ASUU strike because those people didn't have that plan in their mind today. And also the money they stole do not even belong to the government but individuals.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by oneliegeria: 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mohammed! 2 billion naira. grin grin grin
Tinkybabe: Jesus Christ! 2 billion naira shocked shocked shocked
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Daresh(f): 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
changes1:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/efcc-arrests-four-suspects-for-alleged-n2-05b-fraud/

some undergraduates and foolishness. I am not saying stealing is good o, but the best thing to me is to travel out of the country, keep a low profile then after sometime invest the money thereby creating jobs for others. But babu!!!! they will want to show they have "arrived".
Ol boy ehn if na me tiff that money, since. Januray, I don run go obodo oyibo. The maga even stayed back in Lagos. Dundee united!
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by popsy007(m): 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
Blame it on the money #in d'banjo's voice#
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Tolexander: 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
tropaz:

horlabiyi: Why don't you just STFU and stop mentioning LAUTECH in the name of crime/scam bloody asshole
what is the problem with you these lautech barbers trying to form lautech students?
Is lautech not notorious for internet scamming or which school has the most yahoo boys in nigeria?

Xion:

The only lautech student reacting to the issue knows the fact and knows it something that can't be hidden and still acknowledges his school for that.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by horlabiyi(m): 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
Tolexander: what is the problem with you these lautech barbers trying to form lautech students?
Is lautech not notorious for internet scamming or which school has the most yahoo boys in nigeria?

The only lautech student reacting to the issue knows the fact and knows it something that can't be hidden and still acknowledges his school for that.
Man,its so obvious that you are suffering from mental illness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NAFDAC Busts Syndicate Importing Banned Crusader Soap / NDLEA Intercepts 1.9million Tablets Of Tramadol, Codeine At Lagos Airport / Nigerian Man Smuggled Children To Britain For Prostitution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.