Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,371 members, 7,861,023 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:17 PM

Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). (927 Views)

The Much Talked About Enugu Airport Today (picture) / Much Talked About Onitsha Mosque Demolished! / North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by ayd91(m): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2013
Whenever I come across an article about Nigeria and its awaited break-up, I get really crossed. Mostly as a result of what I perceive to be the result of lazy, enthnocentric, politically corrupt minds.
I wonder, do we really know why we haven't progressed much as a country? Do we?

1) Corruption
Corruption is one of Nigeria's biggest problems, it exists in our political, educational, industrial, and religious sectors. It cuts across federal, state and local governments. No region is insulated from this plague, infecting both leaders and followers. We conveniently blame it on our country and we say "Nigeria is corrupt".
2) Level of crime and insecurity: some parts of Nigeria are more secure and peaceful than others, true. In southern Nigeria you find high levels of crime, kidnapping, robberies, 419 dealings and fraud, in Northern Nigeria you find religious riots, senseless killings, communal clashes etc.
No region is completely free from crime and insecurity, so we ask ourselves. "Is the problem Nigeria?"
3) Unemployment: a large portion of Nigerians are unemployed, so we scream "the government hasn't provided jobs". I can't help but ask which government? The federal, state or Local government? We easily forget we have a three tier government and any of the three can provide employment.
4) poverty: most Nigerians live below a dollar per day. That's tragic, I don't think this people simply with to spend less than a dollar daily or that our government lacks the resources to uplift them. It is simply a case of bad leadership, the inability for some of our leaders to channel our large resources to their are of need.
The failure of these governments to perfom the above roles doesn't and shouldn't translate to the failure of Nigeria. The same leaders currently ruling will be the same who will most likely rule any country emerging from Nigeria.
Most secessionist don't talk of how breaking away solves our problems. How does it? Does it?
Our problem isn't Nigeria, it is its citizens (the corrupt policeman, the greedy chairman, the armed rober next door).
The question I leave with you is "what happens when we part ways and the problems follows us, do we part again?"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by ayd91(m): 7:37am On Sep 17, 2013
Please Like this if you support a future Nigerian breakup.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by ayd91(m): 7:38am On Sep 17, 2013
Please Like this if you support a united Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by Emperor007: 7:51am On Sep 17, 2013
And,

3. Should be, click like , if you support a renegotiated Nigeria with true federalism and resource control.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by ayd91(m): 8:02am On Sep 17, 2013
Please click Like if you support a renegotiated Nigeria with true federalism and resource control.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by ayd91(m): 8:04am On Sep 17, 2013
Emperor_007:
And,

3. Should be, click like , if you support a renegotiated Nigeria with true federalism and resource control.

endorsed cheesy
Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by sammy329(m): 8:09am On Sep 17, 2013
ayd91:

endorsed cheesy
seconded
Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by Samunique(m): 8:11am On Sep 17, 2013
Break up in not the solution to our problems in nigeria! It will not bring food to our tables or put off d fire of corruption that's burning us away as a nation. It'll take our collective effort to get our problems fixed, because they are self inflicted problems not nigerian made!

Remember changing ur name or location can not change u if are not ready to change!!!

So let all the "Oduas, Arewas, Biafrians of this world av a rethink!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by cashkid18(m): 8:18am On Sep 17, 2013
lyk dis post if u support biafra seccession frm nigeria cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by sammy329(m): 8:36am On Sep 17, 2013
cashkid18: lyk dis post if u support biafra seccession frm nigeria cheesy
dislike

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by ayd91(m): 8:55am On Sep 17, 2013
so what becomes of the large Igbo investments nationwide? Do they all park up and return home to do business there?
Its pretty obvious that if all Igbo trader had to return to their states to trade there would be serious negative consequences on Nigeria and traders alike.
#FACT Igbos are born entrepreneurs, biafra is too small for them.
Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by sammy329(m): 9:04am On Sep 17, 2013
This post deserve to be on FP
Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by MASTERM(m): 9:48am On Sep 17, 2013
sammy329: like BIAFRA
Good and Better.
Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by classicEntity(m): 11:08am On Sep 17, 2013
the problem in 'Nigeria' my beloved country is Political instability; Nepotism, Tribalism and Corruption. The Nigerian government have made the central Government too attractive, that every persons wants to be there or see his Brother there (Tribalism). And moreover no Nigeria politician is committed to developing the nation that is why everybody must be settled(Corruption). So everybody must get there thru I.M not on merit grounds (Nepotism), by the failure or interruption of executing the Above mentioned this equals to CRISIS. Therefore the solution remains to BREAK-UP or form a Confederation or true Federalism and make the center LESS attractive, have a working government, TOTAl reform inshort..
Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by fagbalex(m): 11:17am On Sep 17, 2013
ayd91: Please Like this if you support a future Nigerian breakup.

i think you must be out of your sense. make people like Wetin, wow better Go find work to do instead waking up in the morning praying for Nigeria to break up, God will never answer that your prayer and that your dream will never come true. Nigeria can be better if everyone of us including our government change our attitude and embrace a good virtue to better ourselves. always proud to be a Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by fagbalex(m): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2013

like this post if you dislike his comment.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by gsainttrinity(m): 11:23am On Sep 17, 2013
@ aye91... your post is nothing but the truth for the Nigerian situation.
all these section ist are nothing but frauds. they claim to liberate her regions while they have done nothing for the region even now.
what has massob, odua, Mend, Boko haram and other good for nothing lip service and self centred people done other than bring more misery for people they claim to liberate.
kidnappings, arsons, robbery and other vices is the other.
the Amnesty program went a long way to show how selfish those guys were.
we should face and solve our problems as one.
corruption, lawlessness, tribalism, religious bigotry, and unfavorable or rather cheating economic arrangement should be sorted out.

ONE NIGERIA!!!!!
Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by ayd91(m): 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
classicEntity: the problem in 'Nigeria' my beloved country is Political instability; Nepotism, Tribalism and Corruption. The Nigerian government have made the central Government too attractive, that every persons wants to be there or see his Brother there (Tribalism). And moreover no Nigeria politician is committed to developing the nation that is why everybody must be settled(Corruption). So everybody must get there thru I.M not on merit grounds (Nepotism), by the failure or interruption of executing the Above mentioned this equals to CRISIS. Therefore the solution remains to BREAK-UP or form a Confederation or true Federalism and make the center LESS attractive, have a working government, TOTAl reform inshort..
Your observation is correct, the center is too attractive. More responsibilities should be handed over to the state government and they should be given more power over their resources. However, in solving one problem you indirectly cause another. By making the states stronger, you risk having the tension in National at the state level. It also means electoral positions at the state level gets juicy, thus more of the do or die mentality. Imagine the level of arm struggle that may ensue oil rich states during and after elections.
Its all a thing of the mind, our mindset needs some work. Regardless of the structures we put in place, we still have the potential for self-destruction.

One thing for sure is, there is enough resources for any state to accomplish exploits. Many states can't account for the 'little' allocation in their possession, yet they want more. Tragic.
I am proudly Nigerian and that's where my loyalty lies.
Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by ayd91(m): 12:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
fagbalex:

i think you must be out of your sense. make people like Wetin, wow better Go find work to do instead waking up in the morning praying for Nigeria to break up, God will never answer that your prayer and that your dream will never come true. Nigeria can be better if everyone of us including our government change our attitude and embrace a good virtue to better ourselves. always proud to be a Nigeria.

I admire you energy and passion. But did you read my posts at all.
This is an attempt at opinion sampling.
Re: Nigeria And The Much Talked About Breakup. (polls Included). by ayd91(m): 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
gsaint trinity: @ aye91... your post is nothing but the truth for the Nigerian situation.
all these section ist are nothing but frauds. they claim to liberate her regions while they have done nothing for the region even now.
what has massob, odua, Mend, Boko haram and other good for nothing lip service and self centred people done other than bring more misery for people they claim to liberate.
kidnappings, arsons, robbery and other vices is the other.
the Amnesty program went a long way to show how selfish those guys were.
we should face and solve our problems as one.
corruption, lawlessness, tribalism, religious bigotry, and unfavorable or rather cheating economic arrangement should be sorted out.

ONE NIGERIA!!!!!

thanks.
These groups act like opposition parties, ready to condemn action taken by the government and never actually contributing to development. Constantly dazing us with tales of new countries with milk and honey in golden cups.

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi To Nigerians: No Revolution Without Bloodshed / Save Ekiti From Gov Fayemi's Blood-sucking Demons / Nigeria’s Disintegration Mightbecome A Reality – Emeka Ngige(SAN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.