Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Politicizing Our Education System: Enough Is Enough - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicizing Our Education System: Enough Is Enough (579 Views)

Benbruce: Buhari Is Not A Magician, Shame On Anyone Politicizing Boko Haram / Jonathan Politicizing Boko Haram, Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Senator / Nothing Is Wrong With The Nigerian Education System - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politicizing Our Education System: Enough Is Enough by OmojuyigbeSeun(m): 10:52am On Sep 17, 2013
It's no longer news that ASUU are on strike and the FG are somewhat not concerned. The reason for the strike action is already known to us. But let's take a critical look at it. Is the strike really about the betterment of the plight of Nigerian students? Are ASUU executives not being insincere? Can any right-thinking individual tell me why ASUU can't
accept what has been given to them, get back to work and continue negotiating with the FG, if they haven't been bought over by PDP's opposition party- APC? I think this strike has been politicized. It has political undertone. ASUU are looking for a way to make GEJ's regime unpopular. But they are doing this at the expense of the future of Nigerian students. ASUU are inconsiderate and selfish.
Enough of ASUU. Let's talk about the FG. Do we really have a government? Those at the helm of affairs are very insensitive to the plight of Nigerians. They are only concerned with managing our money. On January 1, 2012 the FG removed subsidy on fuel without considering the feelings of Nigerians. We are yet to see what the money is used for. Now, ASUU are on strike, but the FG are not bothered. There is war in the PDP and President GEJ is disturbed. He is disturbed because he is scared of losing in the 2015 Presidential election. He has met with the aggrieved in the PDP, but he never attended the meeting with ASUU. Don't you think this is a misplaced priority? The strike has entered it's 78th day without any sign of resolution. Are we going to continue like this? The president and his cabinet cannot be perturbed because none of their children are schooling in government-owned tertiary institutions. We have to seek a way to end this!
Greatest Nigerian students, I think if we embark on full-blown protests across the nation, the FG and ASUU will understand our plight and the strike will come to an end.

DISCLAIMER
I, OMOJUYIGBE OLALEKAN SEUN do not speak for any political party. This article shows my perspective to the issue on ground.

(1) (Reply)

Reps Fight As Baraje’s Group Meet Mark, Tambuwal / Gen. Buhari Not Fit To Rule Nigeria Again-dr. Junaid Mohammed / Who Is Capable To Chanllage GEJ In PDP Presidential Primary Pull

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.