Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

How To Use Window 8 For Your Tecno Andriod L3, M3, Etc... - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / How To Use Window 8 For Your Tecno Andriod L3, M3, Etc... (3812 Views)

Repair/fix All Your Tecno Mobile Phones / >OCTAVO COMMUNICATIONS< Purchase All Your TECNO Android Phones / Get Your Tecno P3 Here.. S/S And SE Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Window 8 For Your Tecno Andriod L3, M3, Etc... by Mfhay(m): 11:30am On Sep 17, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: How To Use Window 8 For Your Tecno Andriod L3, M3, Etc... by Mfhay(m): 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2013
Pinoy Techno Guide

HomeTech NewsGadget Specs and ReviewsGuides and How To'sAbout UsContact UsAdvertise
Make your Android Phone Look like Windows 8 with Launcher 8
Tweet
I eventually grew tired and bored by the Android user interface.
I tried putting different widgets on my Android phone's home screen. I even used apps like Go Launcher to customize how my phone looks. But it just bored me.

Then an idea hit me like a wave of enlightenment. Why not make my Android phone look like Nokia Lumia's Windows 8 interface? Why not try the 'tiles' concept?

Windows 8 UI for Android Phones - Launcher 8 with Tiles
Share Tweet

Meet Launcher 8 - Android App that turns your Android phone into a Windows 8 phone!

I searched the Google Play Store and come face to face with the app called Launcher 8. It is an app developed by QiHang Dev Team. The name sounds Chinese to me and there's not enough information about them.

When installed, launcher 8 will replace the default Android launcher in your phone and replace it with the a launcher that displays your apps as tiles.

With the latest version of Launcher 8, you can customize the colors and background image of the tiles, their size and the application that they will open.

Launcher 8's Live Tiles
Launcher 8 comes with a few live apps that update by flipping and panning. There's the Time tile that shows the time and date.

Another is the Live Contacts tile that shows you your contacts with their pictures flipping like mad. Of course, the much loved live image gallery tile is also present which shows pictures from a predefined folder in a continuous slideshow.

Gorgeous Windows 8 Style Lock Screen for your Android Phone
Windows 8 Lock Screen for Android PhonesI've got to admit, the lock screen in the desktop Windows 8 is the most beautiful lock screen so far. I love to have it in my Android phone.

Launcher 8 amazingly grants my wish by replacing the lock screen of my android phone with the Windows 8 lock screen. There's the familiar white flower of Windows 8, the time and date and some notifications at the top.

Forget the swipe to the right to unlock by Android, you can unlock your phone from the Launcher 8 lock screen by swiping upwards - just like the Windows 8 desktop.

Editing the Tile Colors, Background Image and Bound App
Of course, you can customize the tiles in your new Windows 8 looking Android phone. To do this, just long press on the tile that you want to edit.

Several handles will then appear on that tile while other tiles will seem to float around. Tap on the pencil handle to edit the color, background and the app that opens when that tile is clicked. The arrow handle will re-size the tile and the pin handle will remove that tile.

More options can be opened when the settings button or the settings tile is pressed.

What do you think of Launcher 8? Share your thoughts in the comment section.

Related Posts:

Plants vs Zombies 2 Now Available f...

Moto X Active Notifications Now Ava...

How to Extend the Battery Life of Y...

How Google's Android Device Manager...

Control Your Android Phone From a P...

3 comments

keysvtAugust 21, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Hey Daniel. I love this launcher as well, but do you have any idea how to have a pin code for the lock screen, or some sort of locking mechanism in case I leave my phone unattended. Thanks for your feedback
UnknownSeptember 15, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I have this installed on my android phone as my daily driver for months now. Marrying the elegance of the Windows Phone 8 UI and the power of android is just awesome. To answer @keysvt 's question, the latest version (which is 2.0.3 for the Pro BTW) has a "lock password" option on the lockscreen menu. give it a try. This app just keeps getting better every update.
AnonymousSeptember 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM

nice... thanks for posting. i was looking for something like this a few weeks ago. smiley

Load more...

Newer Post Older Post Home

Daniel Gubalane Hi! I'm Daniel Gubalane, author of Pinoy Techno Guide. I love new gadgets and everything related to technology.

You can connect with me on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.

Ads by Nuffnang
Popular Posts

Cherry Mobile Cosmos X, X2, S and Z Specs, Price and Features
Cherry Mobile launched four quad core Android phones tonight, all with 18 MP BSI camera. They call these phones as the Cosmos Series. You...
MyPhone Iceberg Specs, Price and Features - Quad Core 5.7" Phablet From MyPhone
Get Excited! MyPhone Iceberg is a phablet you wish to be yours. After examining the comments in their teaser photos, I quickly learned tha...
Cherry Mobile Price List 2013 with Pictures and Specs
Planning to buy a Cherry Mobile Phone? Good choice! Cherry Mobile has been releasing a lot of cool Android phone models this year. Browse...
Cherry Mobile Flare 2.0 Specs, Price and Features: Quad Core ng Bayan
Quad core for ₱3,999 only! Cherry Mobile finally launched Cherry Mobile Flare 2.0 - the successor to the very successful Cherry Mobile Fla...
Cheap Android Tablets in the Philippines (Pricelist with Specs and Features)
Planning to buy a cheap Android tablet? We're here to help you. The Android tablets below are arranged according to the price to qual...
Cherry Mobile Flare Personal Review with Specs, Price and Features
Cherry Mobile Flare is My Favorite Phone! After over a month of using my Cherry Mobile Flare, I can finally say that it is my favorite P...

Want More? We'll email you!

Blog Archive

▼ 2013 (190)
► September (23)
► August (26)
► July (33)
► June (27)
► May (17)
▼ April (11)
How to Start a Freelance Career Online
MyPhone A919i Duo Leaked! Official Pictures, Specs...
How to Install Facebook Home in any Android Phone ...
Cherry Mobile Click - Cheapest Android Ice Cream S...
Make your Android Phone Look like Windows 8 with L...
Cheap Android Tablets in the Philippines (Pricelis...
Cherry Mobile Hyper is a 5 Inch Flare! Specs, Pric...
Lenovo IdeaCentre Q190 - World's Smallest PC! (or ...
Problems with PCOS Machines Revealed During PCOS T...
Lenovo K860 Specs, Price and Features - on par wit...
Cherry Mobile Blaze Specs, Price and Features
► March (28)
► February (9)
► January (16)

► 2012 (51)

Browse by Categories
Acer Advertisements Android Apple Astronomy Blackberry Blogging Chemistry Cherry Mobile Display Downloads Educational Technology Facebook Freelancing Gadget Comparison Gadget Reviews Google Internet Lenovo LG Memes Microsoft Motorolla MyPhone Netbook News Nokia O+ Phones Online Earning Phablet Physics Pinoy Technology Powerpoint Price List Quad Core Phones Samsung Science Smartbro Social Media Starmobile Tablets Tech Guides Tech News Tech Tutorials Tutorials WiFi WiFi Hotspot Windows Windows 8 Windows Phones

About Us Contact us Sitemap Privacy Policy Disclaimer

Pinoy Techno Guide features gadget specs and reviews, tech news, tech guides and tutorials on how to make the most out of your gadgets, softwares and other things related to technology.

© 2012-2013 Copyright Pinoy Techno Guide. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be copied in any form without permission from the author.
Technology & Computers - Top Blogs Philippines