Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Happy Sukkot (festival Of Tabernacles) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Sukkot (festival Of Tabernacles) (466 Views)

Sukkot, I Have Some Questions For You / God's Kingdom Society Feast Of Tabernacles 2014 / Chag Sukkot: Time To Harvest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Sukkot (festival Of Tabernacles) by Chigozie1984(f): 6:53am On Sep 18, 2013
Good day all.

Anyone celebrating the Festival of Tabernacles, if so Happy Sukkot to all of you.
Re: Happy Sukkot (festival Of Tabernacles) by ayoku777(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2013
Chigozie1984: Good day all.

Anyone celebrating the Festival of Tabernacles, if so Happy Sukkot to all of you.

I thought Sukkot begins on the 15th day of the Jewish 7th month (Tishri), and that would fall on 22nd of September.

Check this Jewish Calender link http://aroodawakening.tv/biblical-hebrew-calendar/
Re: Happy Sukkot (festival Of Tabernacles) by Chigozie1984(f): 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hi ayoku777

You are right it does fall on the 15th day of the seventh month (Tishrei). Today is the 14th of Tishrei, which means today at sundown will be the 15th of Tishrei, and Festival of Tabernackes will start.

Thanks for replying, are you are Sabbath Observer?
Re: Happy Sukkot (festival Of Tabernacles) by ayoku777(m): 6:59am On Sep 19, 2013
Chigozie1984: Hi ayoku777

You are right it does fall on the 15th day of the seventh month (Tishrei). Today is the 14th of Tishrei, which means today at sundown will be the 15th of Tishrei, and Festival of Tabernackes will start.

Thanks for replying, are you are Sabbath Observer?

No i'm not a sabbath observer, just a curious student of the bible and of the traditions of the jews.

I believe the sabbath and the seven feasts of the Lord represent different spiritual truths and realities under the new covenant. And, while we do not observe them as the jews do under judaism, we, as christians, still need to understand them and walk in the spiritual realities they represent. Hence, my curiousity in studying them.

Are you a sabbath observer?

Thanks, and you're welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Church In 2020:revelation / Sting Operation / The Power Of A Name.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.