Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame (2106 Views)

Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Chatham House: Stage Managed Show Of Shame By Buhari, APC – Fani Kayode / First City Monument Bank On Fire In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by ilenaira: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
Rossikk:

How would you know what is being added to what when your dumb, shitty self has never even set eyes on the remodelling blueprint? How the bloody hell do you know what is being done there? Daft idio.t.

You cannot make a silk purse from sow's ear.
Blueprint ko, strong bullsh.it ni.
Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by Ayekotoo(m): 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
dgitrader: This same airport that started decaying since early 80's, the president obasanjos 8yrs even made it worse
Why not wait for the remodeling to end before publishing trash reports based on hate and ethnic antagonism. When a particular aviation minister was busy chasing abuja prostitutes,, diverting needed funds into family accounts and filling the critical vacancies with tribal followers, you did not shout. Now you expect just few months of corrections to miraculously wipeoff your years of destructive inputs

under Obasanjo, MMA 2, the best airport in Nigeria was built and concessioned to a private coy.
Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by Dpeacemaker101: 2:00am On Sep 19, 2013
OP, you have not been anyway jaare. Am not seeing that MMA is cool the way it is, but you really have to know how to present your case they are worst airports in Africa, that are not even worth calling airports for example the Ghana airport international airport in Accra. Even a Ghanaian will tell you they are ashamed of it, please Nigerian will get to its developed stage soon. It's a gradual process.
Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by divatosin(f): 2:14am On Sep 19, 2013
Dpeacemaker101: OP, you have not been anyway jaare. Am not seeing that MMA is cool the way it is, but you really have to know how to present your case they are worst airports in Africa, that are not even worth calling airports for example the Ghana airport international airport in Accra. Even a Ghanaian will tell you they are ashamed of it, please Nigerian will get to its developed stage soon. It's a gradual process.

Don't mind them. Let them travel and see.
Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by agbameta: 2:59am On Sep 19, 2013
pay for advertorials to hail them as the Moses of our time when they commission village boreholes.

aka Akpabio overhead plastic basket water work...smh
Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by funnyx(m): 3:00am On Sep 19, 2013
Rossikk: Why can't this idio.t writer wait until the MASSIVE remodelling work ongoing at MMA is fully completed before ranting like a mad fool?

So this remodeling is also responsible for staff's rude behaviour and the charging of passengers for trolleys or the selling of toilet tissue to customers who wan wipe their yansh?
Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by agbameta: 3:27am On Sep 19, 2013
funnyx:

So this remodeling is also responsible for staff's rude behaviour and the charging of passengers for trolleys or the selling of toilet tissue to customers who wan wipe their yansh?

ile naira:

You cannot make a silk purse from sow's ear.
Blueprint ko, strong bullsh.it ni.

The clown is dumb is just too dumb for his own sanity.
Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by dgitrader(m): 4:27am On Sep 19, 2013
Ayekotoo:

under Obasanjo, MMA 2, the best airport in Nigeria was built and concessioned to a private coy.
in your bigotry dreams

Keep dreaming and hating!
u shall wake-up and appreciate in 2019
Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by agbameta: 4:36am On Sep 19, 2013
dgitrader: in your bigotry dreams

Keep dreaming and hating!
u shall wake-up and appreciate in 2019

Must every statement of fact = Hating?
Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by Gbawe: 7:44am On Sep 19, 2013
funnyx:

Thank you !!! To be honest, Nairaland will make any decent and upright Nigerian give up on Nigeria because of the silly argument some put up that show they completely miss the point. My issues with MMIA are not physical alone. The problems likely to cause the most offence are the treatment of travellers. You are hassled to bribe everything and everyone at every single corner of the airport. You must pay for a trolley. You will deal with very rude, obtrusive and highly unprofessional officials everywhere and much, much more.

To be honest, perhaps Nigeria deserves to be the way it is because it is its own people always vainly and egotistically defending the status quo when change can only come if we all agree that what obtains currently is unacceptable.
Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by Gbawe: 8:18am On Sep 19, 2013
Dpeacemaker101: OP, you have not been anyway jaare. Am not seeing that MMA is cool the way it is, but you really have to know how to present your case they are worst airports in Africa, that are not even worth calling airports for example the Ghana airport international airport in Accra. Even a Ghanaian will tell you they are ashamed of it, please Nigerian will get to its developed stage soon. It's a gradual process.

Dude are you for real? Do you pay for a trolley at Kotoka? Are you 'extorted' at every corner of Kotoka airport as is the case at MMIA? Do you want to compare the conduct of officials at KotoKa airport to MMIA? Look, open 419 even goes on at MMIA designed to snare travellers who do not know their rights and are easily intimidated.

A female custom officer at MMIA barked, yes she actually barked at me, as if I was a criminal, to "move to the side" just because I had a new printer I had bought for my dad. She tried her intimidating best to tell me I must pay her 'duty' on it because it is new. By the time I had given her a dressing down about 'personal goods allowance', paying VAT at source and how what she is doing is illegal she could only tell me "oga carry your wahala go". This semi-illiterate con women, a beneficiary of nepotism I am sure, had delayed and harassed me merely to attempt 419 extortion because she thought I was some naive foreigner she could intimidate and dupe !!!! Never, in my many travels have I encountered such disgraceful antic anywhere in the world !!!! Certainly not at Kotoka in Ghana.

Look, I can give many, many examples of what I have experienced at MMIA that has been , to date, a 'unique' experience for me. As an honest person , I believe that charity begins at home and I will not join anyone to lie or point fingers elsewhere so I can feel good about what is wrong with my own Nation. With MMIA, Nigeria is on another level of insanity and the fact people like you are here defending what should only be condemned means things will not change. You can be happy with and even defensive of how things are in your Country but you should refrain from trying to malign others to justify how you are comfortable with the deplorable status quo in Nigeria. Solutions will never come if Nigerians cannot accept that we have a problem and that we are at the very bottom and should thus only aspire to move upwards and not sideways or backwards.

Forget looks and aesthetics. It is what goes on in inside MMIA that is unacceptable and uniquely shameful to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by Reptyle(m): 8:33am On Sep 19, 2013
Rossikk: Why can't this idio.t writer wait until the MASSIVE remodelling work ongoing at MMA is fully completed before ranting like a mad fool?

Because unlike you, the writer knows that a pig will remain a pig even if you hang a garland of roses around its neck. The "re-modelled" MMIA will still be a beautiful giant mess after the refurbishment is concluded.

2 Likes

Re: MMA – Our National Monument Of Shame by ilenaira: 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
Gbawe:

Dude are you for real? ......... As an honest person , I believe that charity begins at home and I will not join anyone to lie or point fingers elsewhere so I can feel good about what is wrong with my own Nation. With MMIA, Nigeria is on another level of insanity and the fact people like you are here defending what should only be condemned means things will not change. ............

Forget looks and aesthetics. It is what goes on in inside MMIA that is unacceptable and uniquely shameful to Nigeria.
GBAM!. Thank you ojare my brother. I don't know whether the defenders here are exhibiting the Stockholm syndrome or they are in fact, a reflection of why Nigeria is the way it is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breakin News: Security Forces Battle Boko Haram In Abuja! / PDP Chairman, 4000 Others Defect To APC In Edo State / Another Bird Turns Into Woman In Lagos. (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.