Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

My Parable - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Parable (534 Views)

The Parable Of Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Parable by stint(m): 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
To what again shall I liken betrayal? There was once a landlady who owned farms and had five sons. One of her sons decided to do something different to improve his mothers land. He planted a rare crop on it and was taking care of it. The villagers neither understood what he was doing nor did they know the crop he was planting. They suspected it was Indian hemp because they didn’t understand the method of cultivation nor did they recognize the seeds used. Even the land was a little confused if it was expected to grow hemp or something entirely different. Nevertheless, what was planted wasn’t hemp, it was a special crop which would have nourished the soil and any and every other crop that is planted after it. A day came when a police officer came to inspect the land, the officer came to ascertain whether it was truly Indian hemp that has been planted on the farm. Unfortunately after the inspection, the Landlady’s son was arrested, not because he planted hemp but because right there in front of the officer, his mother asked him: “This boy! are you sure you are not planting Indian hemp on this farm?”

1 Like

Re: My Parable by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
stint: To what again shall I liken betrayal? There was once a landlady who owned farms and had five sons. One of her sons decided to do something different to improve his mothers land. He planted a rare crop on it and was taking care of it. The villagers neither understood what he was doing nor did they know the crop he was planting. They suspected it was Indian hemp because they didn’t understand the method of cultivation nor did they recognize the seeds used. Even the land was a little confused if it was expected to grow hemp or something entirely different. Nevertheless, what was planted wasn’t hemp, it was a special crop which would have nourished the soil and any and every other crop that is planted after it. A day came when a police officer came to inspect the land, the officer came to ascertain whether it was truly Indian hemp that has been planted on the farm. Unfortunately after the inspection, the Landlady’s son was arrested, not because he planted hemp but because right there in front of the officer, his mother asked him: “This boy! are you sure you are not planting Indian hemp on this farm?”

I don't geddit

(1) (Reply)

Smile It Away / Text Editor App! For Writers. / Dancing Masquerade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.