Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display (2347 Views)

N18,000 5.5 Inches 3GB RAM Android 5.1 Phone pix / Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? / RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
Blackberry has finally announced their latest work which has been in the rumour mill for quite a good time now. The Blackberry Z30 is a phone that plays in the league of 5-inch display phones like the Samsung Galaxy S4 and LG G2. A dual-core Krait CPU clocked at 1.7GHz, Qualcomm Snapdragon S4Pro Chipset, Adreno 320 GPU does the processing work for this phone.

Blackberry Z30 officially announced with 5 inches of display Blackberry Z30 officially announced with 5 inches of display

The Z30 sports an 8 megapixel camera capable of snapping pictures up to the resolution of 3264 x 2448 pixels, along the front side you’ll see a 2MP camera which can record videos of 720p at 30 frames per second. A 2880mAh Lithiu-Ion battery powers the device which runs Blackberry 10.2 operating system out of the box.
http://bestmobs.com/blackberry-z30-officially-announced-with-5-inches-of-display/

Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Juell(m): 5:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
My problem with blackberry phones is lack of applications.
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by rabdeluxe(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
angryAnd lack of battery...
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
still backward.

I give up on it undecided

Obsess abt iphone 5S
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
..And lack of innovation

Example: All the flagship devices made this year have at least 13MP cameras. Sony has already made Xperia Z1 with 20.7 MP and Nokia is prepping to release Lumia 1520 with 20MP (not mentioning the Lumia 1020 with 41MP which is a phonecamera), and here is Blackberry announcing a 8MP phone in 2013 (thinking their fans will follow them just like iSheep), whereas Tecno's already got 13MP Phantom A2 with 8M front-facing camera... on a more versatile OS though.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Olumidzti(m): 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
Blackberry seems to be very late. They should have released this two years ago..

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by ciphoenix: 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
I have to say this looks good in the preview. Would have to wait to get it in person
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by ciphoenix: 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Olumidzti: Blackberry seems to be very late. They should have released this two years ago..

Snapdragon S4 pro 2 years ago shocked

Naaa.
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by ciphoenix: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
Jacide: ..And lack of innovation

Example: All the flagship devices made this year have at least 13MP cameras. Sony has already made Xperia Z1 with 20.7 MP and Nokia is prepping to release Lumia 1520 with 20MP (not mentioning the Lumia 1020 with 41MP which is a phonecamera), and here is Blackberry announcing a 8MP phone in 2013 (thinking their fans will follow them just like iSheep), whereas Tecno's already got 13MP Phantom A2 with 8M front-facing camera... on a more versatile OS though.

13MP for a phone is overkill IMHO. Even the ubuntu edge was going to be made with an 8MP cam because they knew that.

This phone isn't backwards in any way.

I'd love to be corrected though
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
THEY ARE JUST TOO LATE....

BB IS DYING GRADUALLY....

SUCH NICE HARDWARES ON A WASTED O.S... I GIVE UP.. THIS GUYS ARE OUT OF IDEAS...
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by ciphoenix: 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
deejay_harry1: THEY ARE JUST TOO LATE....

BB IS DYING GRADUALLY....

SUCH NICE HARDWARES ON A WASTED O.S... I GIVE UP.. THIS GUYS ARE OUT OF IDEAS...

How exactly are they late or out of ideas?
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by konari(m): 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
Z30 is touted to have 25 hours battery life.
With OS10.2 you can install android 4.2 apps "directly" on the device. No need for sideloading,more importantly, no need for a computer. So there's excuse of "lack of apps"
With OS10.2, you can answer a ping from any app, eg: you are browsing & a ping enters, you can read and even reply the ping right from inside the browser without having to close the browser to enter the bbm to reply a message. No OS comes close to BB10(os10.2) when it comes to true multitasking. With video calls integrated into bb$ and now with "true sound" blackberry OS is ahead of any other OS out there. Get your hands on a blackberry devic,try It out, push it to the limits b4 you attempt to put the OS down.
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
konari: Z30 is touted to have 25 hours battery life.
With OS10.2 you can install android 4.2 apps "directly" on the device. No need for sideloading,more importantly, no need for a computer. So there's excuse of "lack of apps"
With OS10.2, you can answer a ping from any app, eg: you are browsing & a ping enters, you can read and even reply the ping right from inside the browser without having to close the browser to enter the bbm to reply a message. No OS comes close to BB10(os10.2) when it comes to true multitasking. With video calls integrated into bb$ and now with "true sound" blackberry OS is ahead of any other OS out there. Get your hands on a blackberry devic,try It out, push it to the limits b4 you attempt to put the OS down.
I HAV HEARD...

LWKMD grin grin
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by alstacs(m): 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
I've seen a new life come back to bb.
Any price yet?
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
I didnt bother 2 read through the end of ur epistle cos u are day dreaming!!!

@OP,Snapdragon S4 pro chip was released last yr Jan(Almost 2yrs ago).

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by caukerzee(m): 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
$1000 shocked shocked shocked shocked For a phone with early 2012 specs, fat bezels, outdated hardware and software This is late 2013 BB. I can now safely RIP BlackBerry. Smh angry undecided angry angry
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Olumidzti(m): 12:18am On Sep 19, 2013
are you very sure bb10 OS is ahead of iOS 7 & Android 4.3?
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Stunner1(f): 1:09am On Sep 19, 2013
copycats

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by francis247(m): 7:28am On Sep 19, 2013
Jacide: ..And lack of innovation

Quality of cameras and capabilities has very little or nothing to do with numbers. The 8MP camera on iphone 5 for instance is clearly ahead of the 8M p camera on Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3. The 8Mp camera on infinix race bolt is no match for the 2mp front camera on SGS2. I can assure you that the 13MP camera of Tecno's A+ in no match for the 8MP of SGS2. Don't forget that HTC One has a 4Mp camera that shoots 1080p videos @ 60fps. It doesn't mean that the 8MP on this one is better than what has been seen on other 8MP cameras.
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by ciphoenix: 8:42am On Sep 19, 2013
Godvilla: I didnt bother 2 read through the end of ur epistle cos u are day dreaming!!!

@OP,Snapdragon S4 pro chip was released last yr Jan(Almost 2yrs ago).

The one used in the Z30 was released this year Q3
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by TechyGuy: 8:45am On Sep 19, 2013
When we are leaving Quad Core for Octa Core, these slow guys are still talking of Dual Core!
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by ciphoenix: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2013
caukerzee: $1000 shocked shocked shocked shocked For a phone with early 2012 specs, fat bezels, outdated hardware and software This is late 2013 BB. I can now safely RIP BlackBerry. Smh angry undecided angry angry

You all keep saying outdated hardware and software but fail to give reasons for the claim

Is the iphone 5s' hardware outdated too?
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 19, 2013
ciphoenix:

You all keep saying outdated hardware and software but fail to give reasons for the claim

And who's talking about iPhone ova here
U want 2 compare BB 2 iPhone
Suicide mission........
Hope u know this primitive BB wuld be sold for $1000?
Most BB fanatics hav moved on with their lives... Its high tym u did the same!!!
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 19, 2013
ciphoenix:

THE O.S IS OUTDATED... HARDWARES ALMOST GOIN OUTDATED.. SOFTWARES OUTDATED... BB IS DEAD AND GONE.. ..DONE SPEAKING.. WHY WOULD I NEED DIS CRAP, WHEN MY ANDY WORKS BETTER THAN IT, AND WILL SOON GIVE ME BBM?

MY ELIFE 5 RULES JOHRRR
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 19, 2013
Most of saying outdated software and hardware, can you tell me the one produced in Nigeria? Even toothpick we import and we are busy condemning a Canadian company. Please you people should go to Politics section to continue Igbo and Yoruba tribal war because that is where we come first in the world.
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 19, 2013
petaling: Most of saying outdated software and hardware, can you tell me the one produced in Nigeria? Even toothpick we import and we are busy condemning a Canadian company. Please you people should go to Politics section to continue Igbo and Yoruba tribal war because that is where we come first in the world.
DID U HAVE TO BE SO DUMB??

XO NIGERIAN DONT PRODUCE D PHONE,, DO I HAV ANY FUCKN BUSINESS WITH NIGERIA I GET MY PHONE, I USE... EVEN IF ITS PRODUCED IN HELL..... AS LONG AS ITS GOOD AND RECOMMENDABLE, I USE IT...

THE BB IS CRAP, DEAL WITH THT...
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Youngpo413: 11:53am On Sep 19, 2013
deejay_harry1: DID U HAVE TO BE SO DUMB??

XO NIGERIAN DONT PRODUCE D PHONE,, DO I HAV ANY FUCKN BUSINESS WITH NIGERIA I GET MY PHONE, I USE... EVEN IF ITS PRODUCED IN HELL..... AS LONG AS ITS GOOD AND RECOMMENDABLE, I USE IT...

THE BB IS CRAP, DEAL WITH THT...

It seems you dislike BB well well?
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by omotayos01(m): 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
I can c xo many hate for bb on this thread. Outdated this outdated that. One thing am aware of dat is, dis pple av not use d xo cal outdated os or hardware to knw hw it can handle day to day task thrown at it b4 coming here to bash bb. Av read so many opinion abt d bb os and most complain is abt lack of app and ntin more, xo y calin d os outdated, is it bcs it lack some popular app. Even d android u pple are shouting abt is d worst. U can nt enjy mid range phone wit android cuz it wil keep on crashing and laggy wen u ova stretch it capabilities nt to talk of pple dat use low end droid. Av u pple wonder y android is spec monger, al this is done to make d os fluid and nt laggy nonetheles is stil lag and hang. Xo pls stop d hate, we knw bb is expensive and if u can nt aford it jst as d hate for iphone is xo much cuz of d price. Keep mute and stop ranting here and there*note i dnt use bb* b4 u pple started hurling insult at me. One more thin pple dat use bb10 os are nt complaing, xo y are u android user taking panadol 4 someone headache.
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by omotayos01(m): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2013
ciphoenix:

i wonder o, no genuine reason to suport dat d os is outdated bcs of xo much hatred for the device. Abt spec Iphone 4 use single core bt faster dan some quadcore android device. Xo everytin is nt abt spec by how wel d os is optimise wic android lack hence it keep on hungry 4 higher spec to perform optimaly.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
petaling: Most of saying outdated software and hardware, can you tell me the one produced in Nigeria? Even toothpick we import and we are busy condemning a Canadian company. Please you people should go to Politics section to continue Igbo and Yoruba tribal war because that is where we come first in the world.
LOL grin Canadian company indeed... They should sell it in Canada.... Abi na dem they put the moni inside our pocket 2 buy the phone?
Last 2 weeks BB sales declined even in its own country where Android has taken over followed by windows OS.
I know peeps like u will be blinded and fork out 150k for this..........
For the Records, u claim Android is Laggy but sorry 2 burst ur bubbles... Even the Tecno M3 is not laggy much more the powerful Quadcore devices.
Re: Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display by ibietela2(m): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
Lame

(1) (2)

Nokia 3310 Is Back And Better (photos) / The Various USB Types Explained: Type A, Type C E.t.c / Best Budget Phone Of 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.