Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,582 members, 7,854,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:38 PM

TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" - TV/Movies (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" (118894 Views)

Bollywood Movies Chat Room~~~ / TV/Movies Quiz - The Game / TV/Movies Section Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (81) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
speedyboi: Btw...happy Sunday guys smiley
Happy Sunday undecided
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
speedyboi:
grin grin so prayer get types...
Absolutely! Naija get only 2 main prayers.

Poor man prayer - "God dey"
Rich man prayer - "We thank God"

I no dey suscribe to all the other sub-prayers... you know the likes of - "Thunda fire my enemies", "Lightning strike them down", "Water drown them well-well", Spirit abi na ogogoro spoil the liver of the heathen"... and so on. Everyone is killing someone else with prayer, too violent for my liking. Fasting & Praying Plc get as e be grin
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
VillageBoi:
Absolutely! Naija get only 2 main prayers.

Poor man prayer - "God dey"
Rich man prayer - "We thank God"

I no dey suscribe to all the other sub-prayers... you know the likes of - "Thunda fire my enemies", "Lightning strike them down", "Water drown them well-well", Spirit abi na ogogoro spoil the liver of the heathen"... and so on. Everyone is killing someone else with prayer, too violent for my liking. Fasting & Praying Plc get as e be grin

Too brutal grin. And I thought God asked us to pray for our enemies. For naija na opposite. Na thunder, holy ghost fire, etc...dem pray make God use kill am...when God no be SANGO cheesy
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by SIRcumalot: 1:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
speedyboi:

tongue. Wait till Feb 7 and go see it at the theatre. That's the best advice I can give you
I really have no intention of downloading or watching the movie I just had to see if nollywoodtorrent is true or false.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
I just went across the street to get stuffs. I saw sausage roll and I felt like buying. Make I check the expiry date oooo, Guess what I saw? Hmmm...Maybe na blade oooo...abi na chemical ooo...dem don use am scrape off the expiry date area of all the sausage rolls on display!

Why are our people this wicked though? Obviously, those Snacks are expired and they Still wan sell am and poison people.

I just called Nafdac contact line and they requested for the address of the shop. The way they replied, it seems they will do something. Make I just they wait for wetin dem go do. Before dem wicked naija witches kill me, I go first 'wicked' them and their yeye businesses angry
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
SIR cum a lot:

I really have no intention of downloading or watching the movie I just had to see if nollywoodtorrent is true or false.

I see. So why were you asking for where to download October 1 before? To romance the link, I guess smiley
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
speedyboi: I just went across the street to get stuffs. I saw sausage roll and I felt like buying. Make I check the expiry date oooo, Guess what I saw? Hmmm...Maybe na blade oooo...abi na chemical ooo...dem don use am scrape off the expiry date area of all the sausage rolls on display!

Why are our people this wicked though? Obviously, those Snacks are expired and they Still wan sell am and poison people.

I just called Nafdac contact line and they requested for the address of the shop. The way they replied, it seems they will do something. Make I just they wait for wetin dem go do. Before dem wicked naija witches kill me, I go first 'wicked' them and their yeye businesses angry
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
SIR cum a lot:

Hahahaha as if. BUSTED lol
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Kslib(m): 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
speedyboi: I just went across the street to get stuffs. I saw sausage roll and I felt like buying. Make I check the expiry date oooo, Guess what I saw? Hmmm...Maybe na blade oooo...abi na chemical ooo...dem don use am scrape off the expiry date area of all the sausage rolls on display!

Abeg which one be sausage roll? Abi na gala? You know say i no go school.. I sure say i never chop am before..lol

Nice move.. Those people need to be a taught a lesson. Wicked people.

Na so one of dem sell over expired-tired-weak peak milk for one guy--- My guy drink milk finish begin bark like dog. Oh boy! I pick race ooo. grin grin
All izz well!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Kslib:
Abeg which one be sausage roll? Abi na gala? You know say i no go school.. I sure say i never chop am before..lol

Nice move.. Those people need to be a taught a lesson. Wicked people.

Na so one of dem sell over expired-tired-weak peak milk for one guy--- My guy drink milk finish begin bark like dog. Oh boy! I pick race ooo. grin grin
All izz well!

*falls from okada* bark like dog ke? Lmao ...that one na ETM! (end time milk grin).

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
^ ^ ^
Hahaha - all of una don kill me today. Don't allow me to fall out of my mango tree with laff as it's very comfty right now!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ok all my people I need y'all to pray the 'God dey' prayer for me because I dey waka go somewhere soon... it is a BIG mission... infact e pass 'Mission Impossible'... when I return I go tell una if e work or no work!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
VillageBoi: Ok all my people I need y'all to pray the 'God dey' prayer for me because I dey waka go somewhere soon... it is a BIG mission... infact e pass 'Mission Impossible'... when I return I go tell una if e work or no work!

*speaking in tongues* shaka da baradapongafataradashegefolorifubaaaaa!

Any of your enemies wey no go make the mission possible, may divine thunder from heaven scatter them into pieces like the ammunitions of district 9 aliens! IJN have I prayed. AMEN! You may go Now smiley
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Kslib(m): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
VillageBoi: Ok all my people I need y'all to pray the 'God dey' prayer for me because I dey waka go somewhere soon... it is a BIG mission... infact e pass 'Mission Impossible'... when I return I go tell una if e work or no work!

I hope its not the North sha? if it is, then let me know so that i will double the prayer i just prayed..
All izz well!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
speedyboi:
Lololol. Chei... you no serious tongue
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
Kslib:
I hope its not the North sha? if it is, then let me know so that i will double the prayer i just prayed..
Actually the 'postcode' of where I dey waka go is NORTH. (N1 something, something) grin
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
speedyboi:

Any of your enemies wey no go make the mission possible, may divine thunder from heaven scatter them into pieces like the ammunitions of district 9 aliens! IJN have I prayed. AMEN! You may go Now smiley
Didn't I advise you to stop taking too much of heroin? undecided Mschew!

*Walks out of thread speaking in tongues* grin wink
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by SIRcumalot: 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
speedyboi:

I see. So why were you asking for where to download October 1 before? To romance the link, I guess smiley
I didn't not request the link somebody else did my intentions was noble I swear on my knighthood.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Kslib(m): 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
VillageBoi:
Actually the 'postcode' of where I dey waka go is NORTH. (N1 something, something) grin
Hmmn, hope say B or K no dey the postcode sha?
All izz well!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
Kslib:
I should hope not lipsrsealed
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Kslib:
All izz well!

Smh....grin grin
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
speedyboi:

Smh....grin grin
You sef lol
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
SIR cum a lot:

I didn't not request the link somebody else did my intentions was noble I swear on my knighthood.
You meant to lie, but your fingers typed the truth cheesy. your knighthood? Knight of where? Cum a lot? I see grin
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
I just got back home....and I saw that shop has been closed. Whatever happened in my absence. I'm kinda happy...smiley
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
Now I am back and can say tank you to those that did a prayereth for me. I can also add the prayer "We thank God" as I, beyond mission impossible, managed to get a ticket on the final BFI London film festival day and have now seen HOAYS! Booyahhhhh!!!

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 3:07am On Oct 21, 2013
VillageBoi: Now I am back and can say tank you to those that did a prayereth for me. I can also add the prayer "We thank God" as I, beyond mission impossible, managed to get a ticket on the final BFI London film festival day and have now seen HOAYS! Booooyah!!!

Tell me something! Abeg gimme review.
So far, the movie seems to be receiving mixed reviews from critics sad. Hopé you enjoyed it?
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Reincarnated(m): 3:21am On Oct 21, 2013
VillageBoi: Now I am back and can say tank you to those that did a prayereth for me. I can also add the prayer "We thank God" as I, beyond mission impossible, managed to get a ticket on the final BFI London film festival day and have now seen HOAYS! Booyahhhhh!!!

Jesus. Abeg give review after. I really want to see this movie
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 3:59am On Oct 21, 2013
Reincarnated:

Jesus. Abeg give review after. I really want to see this movie

Wetin concern Jesus for matter? E owe you money? Ghost! angry
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 5:05am On Oct 21, 2013
VillageBoi: Now I am back and can say tank you to those that did a prayereth for me. I can also add the prayer "We thank God" as I, beyond mission impossible, managed to get a ticket on the final BFI London film festival day and have now seen HOAYS! Booyahhhhh!!!
Hmmm....congrats on this rare feat. grin grin

So, give us a personal review of the movie jare!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 6:19am On Oct 21, 2013
Chei see NL peoples o! Una plan to land here at 3am??

Anyway shaa I can do a review by just saying "Hmmmmmmm"... and obviously you all know the rest BUT...

Beautifully shot and on the most part beautifully acted is about as good as it gets. Coupled with the most amazing 'authentic' music. Chiwetel & Onyeka Owenu are by far the best things in the film. And probably because we all know the book the film simply lacks a heartbeat and far too much 'characterisation' is lost (or rather not explored), as well as, part of the plot being just 'suggested'.

I think the adaptation of the book just isn't strong enough and people that have not read the book will probably like it much more.

I'm not going to go into much detail but I'm sure that 'real' Nigerians, that are obviously far closer to the 'story', will at most 'like' the film... I doubt any will crossover into 'love' for the film. Forgot to mention the costumes - brilliant!

Of the 2 Nigerian films I saw at the BFI this year I personally prefered 'Mother of George'... which even though is a told-a-million-times 'Nollywood' story felt so much more authentic and exciting. Even 'Onye Ozi', a very, very low-budget film entertained me about a hundred times more than this.

Oh well, I'm glad I've seen it, will not be buying the DVD. I will, however, be seeing it again if & when it gets a general release in the cinemas here with Nigerian friends just so we can chat about it afterwards over some ogbono soup or something.

My highlights of the night - getting my pic taken with the Director (sadly this showing didn't have a Q&A). And meeting some very interesting people that didn't have tickets either lol... we all went for a coffee afterwards wink
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 6:44am On Oct 21, 2013
^^^^^ Nice one bro. And I saw what you did oh..."hmmmmmmm". cheesy

I'm glad Mama Onyeka stands out 'cos she is a very good actress with not many roles coming her way these days. Chiwetel is a stellar actor.

Villageboi, Villageboi, Villageboi..
How many times did I call you? grin grin

When would I see your FEATURE film? tongue

Btw, tell me more about that "Mother of George" movie.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 6:47am On Oct 21, 2013
sholay2011:
Btw, tell me more about that "Mother of George" movie.

Shuo... I nefa talk wetin I feel about 'Mother Of George' for this site?

Ok, here... lol - https://www.nairaland.com/1447530/mother-george-2013#18973911

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (81) (Reply)

The New Series Empire Fan Club. / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.