Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? (12972 Views)

The 10 Magnificent Gionee Phones That Are 4G LTE Network Enabled / First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! / *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 19, 2013
those YEYE-stick fantastic 4our network starting with the Most Terrible Network(emptyhen) i mean MTN then to glo, airtel and etisalat.

When will they offer quality cheap internet service in Nigeria?

These network are 2 steps backward LTE, 4G then 3G and they are happy with it cos NCC is not bothering them. All NCC care about is call call call. Who calls again?

I really don't blame NCC it because the pple that manage it are all old men! So they prefer calling. Our internet networks are trying lyk swift 4G, mobitel 4G, unwired 4G. But these re internet networks that can only work with systems and via wifi hotspot.

Plus their modems aint mobile and expensive. Finally i thank God at least if we can get 4G-LTE in lagos only!

Thanks to spactranet, another internet network. See if our mobile networks cant do anything about their internet work.

Then i suggest they should stop supplying internet services and merge(or work hand in hand) with the internet networks to provide quality internet service.

3 Likes

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by dazekid(m): 8:13am On Sep 19, 2013
Telecoms companies in nigeria are simply taking we consumers on a "wild" goose chase...they market,publicise and advertise their fake 3,75g networks but when browsing you hardly get 1mpbs speed so I guess you should just forget 4g/lte till 2015....
But bros u sef funny o...u dey find 4g/lte wey dey carry speeds of up to 150mbps shey if u wan download video of 50mb and as u click download ur phone show complete u sef no go fear....I remember when I was on a 4g wifi network and I downloaded a 23mb video and it showed completed after like 2 seconds I run go check my videos out of fear and mostly doubt...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Osyxcel(m): 9:20am On Sep 19, 2013
4G-LTE, a possibility, but we won't have it until other countries have moved on to better ones. That's how things work in Nigeria, always behind in technological advancement.

With their yeye 3.75G netwrk, I've never attained 1mb/s speed before.

4 Likes

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Francheezy(m): 9:23am On Sep 19, 2013
I never pass 500kbps b4

2 Likes

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by mrdrizzy(m): 9:52am On Sep 19, 2013
Its nt only spectranet,SWIFT SERVICE claimed to have 4g,lets nt rush into getting 4g network,lets 1st perfect the 3g, i cnt remembe d last time i saw 4mb/s on my pc/fone nd i dnt think anyone has reached 44mb/s on 3g in nigeria.china just perfected 3g,thats why 4g was launched! Recently!.its graduall process
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 19, 2013
dazekid: Telecoms companies in nigeria are simply taking we consumers on a "wild" goose chase...they market,publicise and advertise their fake 3,75g networks but when browsing you hardly get 1mpbs speed so I guess you should just forget 4g/lte till 2015....
But bros u sef funny o...u dey find 4g/lte wey dey carry speeds of up to 150mbps shey if u wan download video of 50mb and as u click download ur phone show complete u sef no go fear....I remember when I was on a 4g wifi network and I downloaded a 23mb video and it showed completed after like 2 seconds I run go check my videos out of fear and mostly doubt...
na because say na 2g and slow 3g we dey used to.
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 19, 2013
mr.drizzy:
Its nt only spectranet,SWIFT SERVICE claimed to have 4g,lets nt rush into getting 4g network,lets 1st perfect the 3g, i cnt remembe d last time i saw 4mb/s on my pc/fone nd i dnt think anyone has reached 44mb/s on 3g in nigeria.china just perfected 3g,thats why 4g was launched! Recently!.its graduall process
i dont understand u. The highest ive seen is 300 kb/s it took me 1hr 20min to download 128mb file with emptyhen treegee.

1 Like

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Osyxcel(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2013
mr.drizzy:

I laff in HD @ bolded grin

That 4mb/s sef is a deception. If you get 4mb/s on your Modem Interface, trust me, that's just abt 600kb/s or 700kb/s if you use Speedtest.

I agree that 3G should be perfected before moving to 4G, but then, even the EGDE we have access to has not been perfected.

Full EDGE speed is up to 256kb/s, do we even get up to 100kb/s on EGDE in Nigeria? Our network providers really need to step up.
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Osyxcel(m): 10:29am On Sep 19, 2013
runzlord:
i dont understand u. The highest ive seen is 300 kb/s it took me 1hr 20min to download 128mb file with emptyhen treegee.

1hr.20min for 128mb? shocked, that's not even up to 50kb/s, ar U sure it wasn't on EGDE? shocked

I've downloaded 500mb in 25mins b/4.

The highest I've gotten is abt 800kb/s and it won't even stay there.
I've gotten stable 500kb/s and 600kb/s for some time.
It's mostly between 300kb/s and 400kb/s
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 19, 2013
I get 3.1mbps max here..
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Jeffy1206(m): 11:26am On Sep 19, 2013
seriously in terms of speed ill give it to mtn nd Etisalat. sometyms I get up to 6mb/s on pc and also on aTorrent I get 800kb/s maximum... but I ll go with de idea of perfection first!!

1 Like

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Youngpo413: 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
Osyxcel: 4G-LTE, a possibility, but we won't have it until other countries have moved on to better ones. That's how things work in Nigeria, always behind in technological advancement.

With their yeye 3.75G netwrk, I've never attained 1mb/s speed before.

Try glo
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by hardniola(m): 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
only if glo can be stable.....Glo got d best speed.....helltel is d laughing stuck with 3.7 u still cant attain stale 150kbps always between 80-100kbps.
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Osyxcel(m): 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
Jeffy1206: seriously in terms of speed ill give it to mtn nd Etisalat. sometyms I get up to 6mb/s on pc and also on aTorrent I get 800kb/s maximum... but I ll go with de idea of perfection first!!

That 6mb/s is not the real speed, it just shows that way on your modem interface.

That 800kb/s is the real highest speed.
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Osyxcel(m): 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
Young po413:

Try glo

Maybe. I think Glo is the fastest though.
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Jeffy1206(m): 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
Osyxcel:

That 6mb/s is not the real speed, it just shows that way on your modem interface.

That 800kb/s is the real highest speed.
I guess so but seriusly I got speed close to dat with my MTN here in Abuja... Glo also is ok bt der speed is never stable disrupt when u are streamin... chai!!!! make I no even mention airtel cos dey are the...
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2013
I have a dream, a song to sing.....
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by ceosville(m): 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
undecided you've just asked the wrong set of people
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by YoshiMaster: 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
For hardcore gamers like myself, Internet is naija is especially painful.

The latency with 3G networks is soo high, it makes playing PS3 games online unbearable.

I'm tired of tapping the X button, only to see a punch thrown three seconds later.

Swift bought out unwired and is planning to unveil LTE services on the network, that would mean high speeds and lower latency, I just hope it's not another Internet fraud.
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by johnwizey: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2013
Yess its possible if Nokia 3310 users lyk sexkillz start subscribing for BIS grin grin[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by delikay4luv: 2:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
glo is trying here. i get between 1.5mb/s to 2.2mb/s
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by luluosas(m): 2:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
Perfecting 3G coverage and service reliability is this most needed for the time being. By the way, how many cities across Nigeria can truly boasts of stable 3G services?
Don't even mention the supposed 3.75G nationwide coverage by AIRTEL, it is just a scam as ordinary 2G service with Edge network is beating the 3.75G network in my location (Internet speed and reliability).
Our telecoms service providers really have to step up their Internet services for good.
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Ism4b(m): 2:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hmm naija ntwk the slowest. Just in this mrng i tried downloading 13mb app, but it takes me 47mins to get d app.
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by ignis: 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
runzlord:
Then, you must be in a bad network area...
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by ignis: 2:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
Osyxcel:

Maybe. I think Glo is the fastest though.
Fastest my foot..
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by MUNDUS1: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
If we can get the true value of 3g then we wouldn't be needing the 4g LTE.
What these telecom company's are given us is glorified edge..
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by dgifted: 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2013
What do u need high speed internet for when good data plan nor dey ? These network providers need to come up with an unlimited plan

2 Likes

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Donsammi(m): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
Jeffy1206: seriously in terms of speed ill give it to mtn nd Etisalat. sometyms I get up to 6mb/s on pc and also on aTorrent I get 800kb/s maximum... but I ll go with de idea of perfection first!!
in niqeria?
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by fiscalcliff: 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
Real 3G and EDGE are currently a mirage so day dreaming about LTE should stay as that; I.e. daydreams grin angry angry
For 2 days running my Glo and Airtel data bundles have been wack (though GLO normally is fast, stable and usually reliable unlike Airtel)
What the FG through NCC needs is make sure network QoS really really improves before selling any LTE licences
Also they need to stop the aberration we currently have here where most people connect through the Net by mobile data rather than through ISP's as is done in other climes
That's one of the reasons data is quite expensive here undecided
For many a Nigerian ISP has been killed by the mobile companies cool

BTW,anyone here who uses does torrents downloads using Airtel data bundle?
Do they allow it on their network?
I ask because I know Starcomms used to block subscribers who used torrents on their network back when I was their subscriber
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Osyxcel(m): 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
ignis:
Fastest my foot..

Lol.... But seriously, Glo is really fast.

Airtel 3G is the worst. Vastly Unavailable, Unstable and very slow.
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by omodapson(m): 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
I am still wowed by the speed glo renders in my hood. I have tried the other mobile internet services but glo still comes out top. Downloading heavy files don't take that long. it usually takes less than 2minutes to download a file as small as 100mb.
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by YoshiMaster: 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
luluosas: Perfecting 3G coverage and service reliability is this most needed for the time being. By the way, how many cities across Nigeria can truly boasts of stable 3G services?
Don't even mention the supposed 3.75G nationwide coverage by AIRTEL, it is just a scam as ordinary 2G service with Edge network is beating the 3.75G network in my location (Internet speed and reliability).
Our telecoms service providers really have to step up their Internet services for good.

Well truth is we do not wanna be stuck with just 3G for too long, when other countries have progressed to high speed connections, some pushing out about 50mbps.

There is a company that is presently working on laying fibre around Abuja, connecting to the already available ducts that have been placed at strategic locations.

I just can't wait for development like that to spread across the country.

If Nitel had done a good job with door to door wiring, even copper wired connections would have been giving us high speeds and reliable networks.

Wired connections are the future, with fibre being nĂºmero uno.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Infinix Wins Best Mobile Phone Brand In Nigeria / NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 / What Old Mobile Phone Are You Using And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.