Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue (6181 Views)

Where Can I Get Local Rice Factory In Nigeria / What Fruit Could This Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by tzetzefly(m): 7:49am On Sep 19, 2013
A Tanzanian-based firm, Export Trading Group (ETG) has disclosed its intention to build a 50 million dollar fruits juice factory in Benue state Nigeria.

Mr. Sanjay Sethi, Chief Executive Officer of ETG, stated this when he led a delegation of the company to the Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr. Samuel Ortom, in Abuja. Sethi said the management of the firm was in Nigeria to find a suitable location for the setting up of the company.

He said that when operational, the company would make use of local products such as orange, mango and pineapple to turn them into citrus products. “We will also explore other areas of the citrus . We can also make citrus fibre.

Apart from this, we believe that we can process and create made-in- Nigeria brand of citrus. “We have a commitment to set up a 50 million dollar investment in Nigeria for processing of fruits. We intend to set up this factory in Benue,” he said.

The CEO said the choice of Benue was because of the availability of fruits in the area. “We need a peaceful investment environment in Nigeria and we have found it, especially in Benue”. “In our mission, what we heard about Nigerians is different from what we are seeing. “Nigerians are hard working people. They have the bond, the enthusiasm, the energy, the positive attitude, the natural talent to business; they are the best set of people”.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/tanzanian-firm-plans-50m-fruit-juice-factory-in-benue/

5 Likes

Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Agimor(m): 8:10am On Sep 19, 2013
Ok
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by dgitrader(m): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2013
FDI is on alltime high and continues to agressively increase, this is just the begining. As the transformation train moves on, the ordinary man will get the benefits like never before.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by jmoore(m): 9:36am On Sep 19, 2013
Benue o ni baje! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by jennyclaudio: 9:36am On Sep 19, 2013
I hop is true 3rd to comment
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by tdbanks: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2013
tzetzefly: A Tanzanian-based firm, Export Trading Group (ETG) has disclosed its intention to build a 50 million dollar fruits juice factory in Benue state Nigeria.

Mr. Sanjay Sethi, Chief Executive Officer of ETG, stated this when he led a delegation of the company to the Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr. Samuel Ortom, in Abuja. Sethi said the management of the firm was in Nigeria to find a suitable location for the setting up of the company.

He said that when operational, the company would make use of local products such as orange, mango and pineapple to turn them into citrus products. “We will also explore other areas of the citrus . We can also make citrus fibre.

Apart from this, we believe that we can process and create made-in- Nigeria brand of citrus. “We have a commitment to set up a 50 million dollar investment in Nigeria for processing of fruits. We intend to set up this factory in Benue,” he said.

The CEO said the choice of Benue was because of the availability of fruits in the area. “We need a peaceful investment environment in Nigeria and we have found it, especially in Benue”. “In our mission, what we heard about Nigerians is different from what we are seeing. “Nigerians are hard working people. They have the bond, the enthusiasm, the energy, the positive attitude, the natural talent to business; they are the best set of people”.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/tanzanian-firm-plans-50m-fruit-juice-factory-in-benue/
See scoping (@bolded).

1 Like

Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by ravensckar(m): 9:44am On Sep 19, 2013
Space booked.... Intruders,keep off.
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Godblesenugu(m): 9:48am On Sep 19, 2013
u mean tanzania? the one in this africa?..answers pls am curious
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 19, 2013
ORDINARY TANZANIA IS INVESTING NIGERIA WHERE GOVT IS BUSY SELLING OFF EVERYTIN. THIS COUNTRY WILL SOON BE OWNED BY FOREIGNERS COS WE CANNOT DO JACK SHIIT. WE ONLY KNOW HOW TO LOOT.

1 Like

Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Kalamaya: 9:51am On Sep 19, 2013
This is a very good initiative by the Tanzania investors.
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 19, 2013
I hope say mango no go begin cost 4 Zaki biam....now i dey lick like ten fruits b4 i ssk dey gal wey dey sell 'how many 4 N10?'
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Cleanman(m): 9:55am On Sep 19, 2013
did i just read tanzania?.....$50 mill?...u shitting me ryt?.
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by MrAboki: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2013
I hope their juice ends up being better than the piss that CHIVITA, Coca-cola and Dangote groups are serving us..

1 Like

Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Onyenna(m): 9:59am On Sep 19, 2013
Good news......
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Lilchilz(m): 10:12am On Sep 19, 2013
im scared*
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Kairoseki77: 10:14am On Sep 19, 2013
YAY!!!! I'm glad we are hearing about the middle belt. grin

LOL at the Nigerians surprised that Tanzania has companies large enough to invest 50 million dollars.

Most African countries don't have oil, so they must actually WORK, and produce things of value. wink

2 Likes

Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Belmot(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2013
Mr Aboki: I hope their juice ends up being better than the piss that CHIVITA, Coca-cola and Dangote groups are serving us..
Try CERES it tastes better.
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by dasparrow: 10:49am On Sep 19, 2013
@Post

I think that is wonderful.
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Tbken: 10:52am On Sep 19, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] nice one by tazani,i love dat.....i got families in benue may be we kud get emploooo.btw mek d tin no increase price of tinz in aliade market o
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by sylve11: 10:53am On Sep 19, 2013
I always liken tazania to benue, i dont knw y. Anyway, good move. cool
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by prettyify(f): 10:56am On Sep 19, 2013
This is what we are suppose to do in this country nt others doing it for us
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by concacid: 10:59am On Sep 19, 2013
Good news! God bless BENUE STATE.
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by docjuli(m): 11:06am On Sep 19, 2013
Who said ETG is Tanzanian? They are Indians; they have a base in Tanzania and other African countries.
Moreover, the reporter should have done enough research before reporting. That's why I prefer BusinessDay newspaper to all these...

1 Like

Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by awodman: 11:12am On Sep 19, 2013
You guys have TERAGRO(Elumelu's company) to supply you with fruit juice concentrates
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by DisGuy: 11:21am On Sep 19, 2013
Mr Aboki: I hope their juice ends up being better than the piss that CHIVITA, Coca-cola and Dangote groups are serving us..

hope-less

no decent regulatory body in the country hence they can use 0.2percent fruit and fill the rest with chemicals

hey the middle class needs to show off cant be bothered to complain though about piss juice though
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Adesplendid(m): 11:36am On Sep 19, 2013
Nigeria GIANT OF AFRICA , prrr.keeping watching and hearing your Leaders loot your money and see Tanzania walk pass u. >:
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by mu2sa2: 11:41am On Sep 19, 2013
Belmot: Try CERES it tastes better.
You're partially correct - Ceres100% juice products are excellent but some have 50% juice content and those are in the same category as Dansa. As for chivita, I wont touch any of their products even with a long stick.
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Gold2NairaCom(m): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
That's a good news for Benue. We need more investors in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
Well its about time...since the benue state govt is not willing to exploit the huge agricultural resources available in the state let tanzanians come rake in the dough
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by emygreat747(m): 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
ThankGod!!!,it is long over due although it has always been my dream investment in my state once i finish school but am happy for my state.
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by BarryX(m): 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
Bull-crap news -- No research , hurriedly written to massage the ego of the FG ministry involved.
Let us concentrate on the emphatic stress "PLAN" used in describing the project.
People should start singing praises when the PLAN turns to REALITY/ IMPACT.
Plans can easily gather dust as we already in Nigeria -- No need for TB Joshua to tell us that !
Re: Tanzanian Firm Plans $50m Fruit Juice Factory In Benue by back2sender: 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
Where are the Nigerian investors? they only know how to bleed the country without investing in it. very shameful that a Tanzanian coy of all places coming to invest in the so called giant of Africa. wee need to set our priorities right as a nation and stop been a laughing stock in the international community.
Kalamaya: This is a very good initiative by the Tanzania investors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UPDATED Price List For Organic/cosmetics Products - Gabdeland Agro / Quail Farming In Nigeria / Use SUPER GRO Liquid Fertilizer For All Your Cash Crops & Farm Produce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.