Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 (774 Views)

Gionee Pioneer P2 Rooting And Development / ++BEST HD GAMES COLLECTIONS ANDRIOD & IOS ,ROOTING AND UPGRADES+ + / SAMSUNG,HTC,LG Android Upgrades, Rooting And HD Games For All Android Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 by Guddy(m): 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
Please house I want to root and upgrade to Android 4.1. I don't want to take the risk of doing it myself. A phone Engineer said he will do it for 3k but am scared if he will not brick the phone. I reside in Ijebu ode (i'm new here) and I want a competent hand to do it here. Any recommendation or suggestions? Thanks
Re: Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 by francis247(m): 9:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
Guddy: Please house I want to root and upgrade to Android 4.1. I don't want to take the risk of doing it myself. A phone Engineer said he will do it for 3k but am scared if he will not brick the phone. I reside in Ijebu ode (i'm new here) and I want a competent hand to do it here. Any recommendation or suggestions? Thanks
GT-19100 model?
Re: Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 by Kpimp: 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
no need for that just go to settings and click about den click update sofware to uprade to jellybean.u use s2
Re: Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 by geezyk(m): 11:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
u cant upgrade a sgs2 more than 4.1.2 unless u wanna flash a custom rom,but its not advisable to flash customs
Re: Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 by Guddy(m): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
Thanks to you all.
Kpimp: no need for that just go to settings and click about den click update sofware to uprade to jellybean.u use s2

I've tried it and it said no update available. Any other option for

francis247: GT-19100 model?
Thanks to you all.
Yes it's a GT19100 model.
Re: Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 by Kpimp: 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
u cant upgrade more dan 4.1.2 unless you root it which I wont advise u to.i dey enjoy my s2 like dat
Re: Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 by Guddy(m): 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kpimp: u cant upgrade more dan 4.1.2 unless you root it which I wont advise u to.i dey enjoy my s2 like dat

Thanks. The problem now is that I can't even upgrade to 4.0. It's telling me that no update is available.
Re: Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 by abrahym(m): 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
go to settings- about phone- software update and untick wifi only
Re: Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 by Guddy(m): 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
Wi-Fi only is unmarked. Still having the same problem.
Re: Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 by TechyGuy: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
Check out this tutorial on how to upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.1.2.
It's custom ROM so you will need root.
The site contains tons of tutorials for GT-I9100, carefully go through the site.
One of the best and easiest out there. You may also watch the video tutorials.

http://galaxys2root.com/galaxy-s2-roms/cm10-rom-for-galaxy-s2-i9100-android-4-1-2/

Don't be afraid to root your device, it doesn't do any harm. Just be careful to do it the right way.
I have bricked my phone several times and restored it and the phone works better now than when I first bought it.
Re: Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 by TechyGuy: 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
The reason you can't update from your device or Kies is because there is no update release for Nigeria.
If you intend to upgrade with official Jelly Bean, you may have to use that of another country e.g. India.

Here's how to root:
http://galaxys2root.com/galaxy-s2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-s2-newworks-on-all-galaxy-s2-variants/
Re: Help With Rooting And Upgrading My Samsung S2 by Kpimp: 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Updated my gt1900 successfuly from ics to jb without problem.

(1) (Reply)

How To Root Samsung S4 And Samsung S3 Mini / 2go Interactive Users Thread Let's Get Connected And Start Chating / Gionee Pioneer P4 Get Hot While On It. How About Innjoo I1?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.