Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt (11952 Views)

Lessons Learnt from the Hadith Of The Lost Necklace / Lessons Learnt From Luqman's Advice To His Son / 40 Hadiths And The Lessons: Learn Islam and comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by Evestar200(f): 11:23am On Sep 20, 2013
eriegua83: uote author=Evestar200] warri south is mainly occupy by the urhobos,,while warri south west and north are mainly occupy by the ijaws and itsekiris so warri as a whole doesnt belong to itsekiri,,thats why they ask them to change their king title from olu of warri to olu of itsekiri †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ URHOBO's aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ our slaves A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ tennant i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ AGBASA, IDIMI USOBO, EKUREDE USOBO, OGUNU A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ EDJEBA. ITSEKIRI VILLAGES i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ WARRI includes UBEJI, EGBOKODO,EKUREDE ITSEKIRI, OMADINO,OBODO,UGBUWANGUE, PESSU,INORIN,KPISAN,USELE,IFIE, IJALLA,GBODEDE,ORERE,AJENETSEMI, ORUGBO, ODOGENE, BIG WARRI amongst others. *Note: Most ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥Ơ̴̴̴͡F⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ D̶̲̥̅̊ URHOBO settlers re from ughelli.
What did u just write undecided
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by Evestar200(f): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

U dont get?

..my simple question is : "WHO ARE THE NATIVES (or first inhabitants ) of d WHOLE of Warri?...
Simple!!
The Ijaws But trade by barter make them to have small potion of land in Warri and reason why itsekiris have more land warri is because they land............
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2013
Angeld1: Sumtin is wrong sumwhere...or hw can sum1 say sumtin & come back 2 eat it up

The people who think a guy walked on water versus the people who think a horse can fly captured the mind of people who this they were born as slave.

Christianity versus Islam took over African slave.

Olu of Itsekiri and the Op are both confused
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by ShehuAba(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2013
iamdsam: @OP I got a big problem about what you posted in the first part of your post. You posted that a muslim girl must marry a muslim man. Glu simply means me being a christian can't marry a muslim girl? If I truly love a muslim girl, I won't be able to marry her because we aren't of the same faith? Is this what religion suppose to promote? Should religion bring us together or differentiate us? Your post got some post of element of hatred? People like you are the ones promoting religious crisis that's going on in this country right now. I mean no offence

Okay sir, let me first of all say that the article is meant to learn from a person's mistake i.e From an Islamic angle.
I stated categorically that many muslims are in this same situation but just don't do anything about it.
As per the hatred you said you perceive in it. I dare to ask you. Hatred for what or for who?
As regards a muslim marrying a non! Muslim, that is the teachings of Islam, and if you look at it from a realistic point of view, compatibility is needed for a succesful marriage, except that's met, it's contrary to islamic teachings.
Thanks for contributing
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by FatCock: 11:31am On Sep 20, 2013
Which one be christain?
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by POTUT(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2013
MAYOWAAK: The civil resistance to Christianity in China, India and Japan says something about the differential resilience and tenacity of different cultures and peoples to resist foreign assaults on the integrity of their essences.The resistance is of course through the agency of the people and community who protect their institutions.This tenacity of other people's resistance to foreign imposition,no matter how well packaged,contrasts the case of black humanity globally.African communities have proven to be the least loyal to their corporate essences-the integrity of culture,including religion.Africans,both at home and in diaspora,may thus be said to have a high gullibility quotient.We are willing clients to every nonsensical garbage from abroad sold to us.

Surely, this doesn't apply to everything. In this same black africa, we killed twins because we thought they were evil, but we were made to learn the biology that produced them. In this same black africa, we trekked miles and miles, until we were introduced to bicycles, cars and trains. Dare think of airplanes shocked

Regarding faith, you could be left to your own convictions. However, I do know that I have profited much from dropping Ikenga and Amadioha and believing in Jesus, as the son of the Most High (I have read a muslim forum that questioned how god could have a biological son, and I simply shook my head and left).

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by POTUT(m): 11:34am On Sep 20, 2013
ShehuAba:

Okay sir, let me first of all say that the article is meant to learn from a person's mistake i.e From an Islamic angle.
I stated categorically that many muslims are in this same situation but just don't do anything about it.
As per the hatred you said you perceive in it. I dare to ask you. Hatred for what or for who?
As regards a muslim marrying a non! Muslim, that is the teachings of Islam, and if you look at it from a realistic point of view, compatibility is needed for a succesful marriage, except that's met, it's contrary to islamic teachings.
Thanks for contributing

I know an Ibo christian woman who is married to a hausa muslim man. They have an enviable marriage going for them. Surely, someday, both of them shall know the incontrovertible and incorruptible truth....together.
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by ShehuAba(m): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2013
POTUT:

I know an Ibo christian woman who is married to a hausa muslim man. They have an enviable marriage going for them. Surely, someday, both of them shall know the incontrovertible and incorruptible truth....together.

Did i ever say it's nt possible, or it can't work.
I tell you, most people can't manage this, and that's a fact.
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by ceejayluv(m): 11:56am On Sep 20, 2013
The Olu of Warri messed up by undermining their cultural heritage. A traditional ruler ought to be the custodian of the culture and tradition of his constituents. He should have simply abdicated the throne if he felt negatively about veneration of their deity.
That "Born Again" syndrome at work.
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by kenlash1(m): 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
The olu of itsekiri is a greedy man ,if he truly repented he would ve vacated d throne, but we see aw dis fake born again trend kips proving that d greed of man Overshadows Christianity. Smh for the man called olu of itsekiri
Fake born again.
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by zaimeg: 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ownership of warri is disputed among the Urhobos, Itsekiri and Ijaw for political reasons .

@topic, the Olu forgot this simple truth. Give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser.

He should have simply abdicated for someone who is ready to carry on with the tradition.

He failed to carry the cross that comes with his newly found faith.
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by iamdsam: 12:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
ShehuAba:

Thanks for contributing
Like you posted earlier, the Olu denounced being a traditionalist and being a christian. He later changed to a traditionalist again after threats from his people of destroying his properties and probably taking his life. As a human being, he had to change to a traditionalist again. Many people criticizing him here would have done tin same. You spoke about compatibility been the one of the strong points of a marriage but stand to disagree with you on that. I believe love is is the bane of any marriage. I don't see religion as something that should stop a couple from been married if they truly love each other. Compatibility in marriage is required but marriage worths more than that. You should note something that christianity or islam religions are both borrowed or adopted from the foreigners. We've so much allowed religion to differentiate us. As for hatred which I mentioned earlier, it's certainly what sort would promote. Marriage bonds us together more than any other thing on earth. Religion should bring us together not differentiate us. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by iamdsam: 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
ShehuAba:

Thanks for contributing
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by dheaven: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
daz_york: Thunder fire you for writing this nonsense. So it's your "religion of peace" which should be opening it's mouth to talk?!
I guess such lovely places as Egypt, Libya, Afghanistan, Syria, Mali and Borno are the shining examples of what a great god allah is. Or I guess it's the Itsekiri god which is an international problem today. It's the Itsekiri god that supports rape, paedophilia, incest, wanton violence and intolerance. It's the Itsekiri religion that shot 9 year old Malala Yousef for supporting girl child education.
Abeg carry yourself to where people will believe you, Nigerians are not deaf and blind.
You are right in many aspects.
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by ifihearam: 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
Evestar200: @OP,,,is no longer olu of warri but olu of itsekiri,,so modify ur topic

shut up
HE IS THE OLU OF WARRI
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by ifihearam: 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
Evestar200: warri south is mainly occupy by the urhobos,,while warri south west and north are mainly occupy by the ijaws and itsekiris so warri as a whole doesnt belong to itsekiri,,thats why they ask them to change their king title from olu of warri to olu of itsekiri

ITS A LEGAL TITLE CHILD.
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by eriegua83: 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
Pls U̶̲̥̅̊ need †ђåt̶̲̥̅̊ most. Heed to Ʊя̲̅ advice. Well U̶̲̥̅̊ nd Ʊя̲̅ people don't ve history or U̶̲̥̅̊ just want to shy from D̶̲̥̅̊ truth.
fursh:

I think you need history classes cos you're so losing out in that field
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by eriegua83: 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
†̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ truth.
Evestar200: What did u just write undecided
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
ifihearam:

shut up
HE IS THE OLU OF WARRI
Y don't Nigerians learn,,,they ve given u ppl facts,yet u ppl don't want to listen,,,until a militant group arises that's when u ppl wud change his title bck to olu of itsekiri,,,now that other tribes re telling u ppl peacefully,u ppl re playing dumb,until it happens
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by asamaigho(m): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
Evestar200: @OP,,,is no longer olu of warri but olu of itsekiri,,so modify ur topic

anoda irrelevant yurhobo probably from ughelli on rampage.......your ignorance is way too high,all urhobos in warri are tenants and as such should stick to yurhobo matters.
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by asamaigho(m): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
ifihearam:

ITS A LEGAL TITLE CHILD.

dont mind that slave of a person,i dont expect anything beta from d enemies of the itsekiris,they try so hard to grab warri as theirs bt its not workin, we understand their frustration....
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by Alayubi: 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
Many irritant urhobhos just posting here has forgotten history that they were slaves being sold by the itsekiris to the portiguese. Its undisputed warri belongs to itsekiri. Even the troublesome Okumagba who is dead knows dis. Olu of Warri is the leader of Iwereland.
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by Evestar200(f): 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
Dont have time 4 silly pple,,all i knw is that is Olu of itsekiri and warri is not itsekiri land,,they are the main tenants (mami water)
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by Evestar200(f): 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
they keep saying they have warri but warri city stadium,, DBS,,COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND DELSU BRANCH IN WARRI and refinery IS IN URHOBO PPLE LAND
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by Dilant: 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
It will be better if the olu of warri could go back to his initial decision because the bible says we must not serve any other god except Him.The olu should also remember wat happened to d isrealites in d bible on d account of their disobedience to God.
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by Evestar200(f): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
Itsekiri (mami water) are the ones who doesnt have anything,,,,,Nigeria only Glass company,, the Petroleum school in west Africa,,Delta steel Company e.t.c all are in urhobo man land,,,the escravos u talking about is occupy by the ijaws and they are ones eating all the moneys while the mami waters are busing worshiping the Ijaws
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by Alayubi: 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
Sit down dere talkin trash. U dont kno anytin at all.

Evestar200: Itsekiri (mami water) are the ones who doesnt have anything,,,,,Nigeria only Glass company,, the Petroleum school in west Africa,,Delta steel Company e.t.c all are in urhobo man land,,,the escravos u talking about is occupy by the ijaws and they are ones eating all the moneys while the mami waters are busing worshiping the Ijaws
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by dayounce: 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Evestar200: Itsekiri (mami water) are the ones who doesnt have anything,,,,,Nigeria only Glass company,, the Petroleum school in west Africa,,Delta steel Company e.t.c all are in urhobo man land,,,the escravos u talking about is occupy by the ijaws and they are ones eating all the moneys while the mami waters are busing worshiping the Ijaws

Lady grow up joor,am sure ur one of em beer parlour decendants that come on social media to spew nonsense,by the way who is ur king?
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by Evestar200(f): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
you guys said u have warri but all the projects in warri are located in urhobo land,,there is ntn in mami water land,,, Isoko pple have more project in their land than mami water land,,atleast isoko pple have 1 poly branch of Delsu and a stadium but mami waters are screaming over escravos that is mainly occupy by the Ijaws
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by HusBandMateRial: 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
Olu of where pls?
Abeg, weting OP de talk? una dun confus me...
somebody shud summarise for me, e too long
Re: Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt by solomonx1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
Before the coming of the europeans, the whole of warri central was occupied by the urhobos and the water ways was occupied by the itsekiri and the ijaws. If u want to claim land u can go and claim d water ways and leave the original owners of the land alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Is It Haram In Islam To Use Artificial Hair (extension)? / Etiquettes Of Visiting The Graves / Make Dua To Allah For Your Sick Brother. Ask Allah To Cure Him And All Muslims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.