Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,047 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:05 PM

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread - Phones (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (439544 Views)

Tecno P5+ Discussion / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by harden(m): 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
kolidave: woowww urs is really different oooo. First of all make sure ur fone is really rooted,check by using root checker. Then download busybox. Make sure u have a high memory card with plenty free space. If I may ask how many gb is ur mem card
its 8gb d mmc DAT came wit d done plz note am using p2 plz help
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by shollax(m): 9:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
olusegunadex:

none that i know of.. the fone is simply awesome... a must av for game freaks n internet lovers
THANKS guy.... Getting d device very soon... Whats d current price in ikeja slot?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 9:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
harden: its 8gb d mmc DAT came wit d done plz note am using p2 plz help
and the memory card Isn't full? This is strange ooo. I'm guessing its not compatible with ur fone. Google for another app that expands ram. Sorry bro
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
before using the
ROEHSOFT RAM EXPANDER, first check whether
your device is compatible with the ROEHSOFT
RAM EXPANDER or not. To the compatibility of
your device with ROEHSOFT, use Memory Info &
the Swapfile Check plugin which is free to
download and use. The main purpose of the
software is to check whether your device is
compatible with RAMEXPANDER or not. You might
think since your device is rooted it is definitely
going to be compatible but the bad news is some
manufacturers have blocked the SWAP feature
kernel-side.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by jaemxvivid(m): 9:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
kolidave: but is ROEHSOFT
RAM EXPANDER compatible with all p5
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 10:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
[quote author=jaemxvivid][/quote] yeah I guess, cos its d same hardware and software everywhere and I avent seen any p5 user complain, so yeah it is compactible with every p5
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by enoch273: 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
if you're in lagos and you want to sell your p5 pls holla at me o, I'm interested.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by harden(m): 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
kolidave: before using the
ROEHSOFT RAM EXPANDER, first check whether
your device is compatible with the ROEHSOFT
RAM EXPANDER or not. To the compatibility of
your device with ROEHSOFT, use Memory Info &
the Swapfile Check plugin which is free to
download and use. The main purpose of the
software is to check whether your device is
compatible with RAMEXPANDER or not. You might
think since your device is rooted it is definitely
going to be compatible but the bad news is some
manufacturers have blocked the SWAP feature
kernel-side.
its true I encounted DAT type of tin so I shed just 4get abt it

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
harden: its true I encounted DAT type of tin so I shed just 4get abt it
sorry bro
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Silanka: 11:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
harden: plz ave done every tin o BT d ram still did not increase see ss below and in d as it has all ready been increased in total BT am not seeing it in ma settings
pls where and how do you download that version?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Silanka: 11:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
harden: plz ave done every tin o BT d ram still did not increase see ss below and in d as it has all ready been increased in total BT am not seeing it in ma settings
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by igwechosen(m): 11:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
Please is there an app that can enable one gain access to 3g network if there is no 3g in one's area?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Talk2nanro(m): 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
Kelyto: nanro....sup.....i also stay at onitsha...u can add me on watsapp...08037468534....do u av games
i dont have games and i cant because of a game want to have meeting with anybody

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
Mafia4life: You will only say what you want to say. I only want to help these gamers. Giving out all my HD games for free is worth appreciating me. Who can boast of being generous that way? Well, any interested person should come and pack games for free. A total of 131 HD games. I have 10 days left to leave Lagos.

To?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by oluwadartey: 1:27am On Nov 28, 2013
my ogas..... I hail o..... tried browsing with my mtn on this p5 buh I couldn't... Even after I tried doing the settings.... Pls someone help me out.... airtel is really bad ere...
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wisdomray: 3:56am On Nov 28, 2013
Bro you have done it, you used 78mb right? the ram has been increased but you are not going to see that in your phone settings. it increased from 471mb/162mb free to 549mb/240mb free
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Mafia4life(m): 6:35am On Nov 28, 2013
I have spoken.. Ain't begging anyone to collect my games for free... Am not coming to this issue anymore..
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by brympep: 6:41am On Nov 28, 2013
if u want to browse with Mtn for free... contact me on whats app or bbm 08055765823 7ab1b3bc
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wozup: 6:43am On Nov 28, 2013
enoch273: if you're in lagos and you want to sell your p5 pls holla at me o, I'm interested.
if u dnt mind, i ve htc sensation running 4.2.2jb rom d best rom 4 sensation so far and u knw p5 na learner 4 wia sensation dey..whatsapp 08032948842.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by stephinnoyewole(m): 7:39am On Nov 28, 2013
Oliveronline: flexing m p5 after expanding de ram to 1.5g...
after expanding ur fone ram, did it shows dat u av 1.5gb in d application manager or using any other method?
After expanding mine, I still av 486mb as my ram, try checking it wit Xtools box still display 486mb as my ram.
Pls help on dis?
Tanx a lot.
U can also detail ur procedures as well...
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by shollax(m): 7:58am On Nov 28, 2013
dis thread no dey interactive unlike before sef
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by stephinnoyewole(m): 8:18am On Nov 28, 2013
Pls can u upload d link u downloaded urs?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by stephinnoyewole(m): 8:20am On Nov 28, 2013
kolidave: the ram expander is absolutely safe. it creates
more virtual memory with d help of the external
memory card I.e it uses part of the memory card
as ram depending on the size u want it to use.
1st u need a rooted phone
then u need to install busybox or else it wnt work
then download memory info and swap file
checker here https://play.google.com/store/apps/
details?id=com.roehsoft.meminfo
this app will check if ur device is compatible with
ram expander
if its compatible den proceed to download ram
expander at playstore.
nw if UV installed ram expander u may proceed
launch the ram expander app, click on optimal
value, u will see a value in box next 2 (size mb)
that is d size of ram it will create. u can change it
to an higher value or leave it like dat, depending
on the size u want and the size of ur SD card Buh
u cnt create more than 2gb. after uv confirmed
the values tick the (swap activ check box on the
top lefthand corner of the screen. den it will start
creating swap file. please do not minimize d app
or let the phone go 2 sleep wen creating swap
file. after successfuly creating the tick the
autorun check box if its unchecked. and u have
expanded ur ram d expader icon should would b
seen on the notification screen. if its not
displaying locate reboot on the ram expander
menu. after rebooting it should display
Mine is nt displaying in d notification bar, mine is totally different frm d pix uploaded in pay 110 of dis thread. And after d expanding d ram, will it shows in d settings?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2013
Dis how mine ram expander look,
D pix attached will illustrates further...
I rebooted my fone frm d ram expander menu after d last pix

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 9:38am On Nov 28, 2013
If your RAM expansion was successful,the logo of the ram expander is gonna show on the notification bar,if it doesn't plz try the procedures and step again. And if eventually your ram expansion was successful IT WONT SHOW IN YOUR SETTINGS, your setting won't tell you it was increased. The only place you can see and know if your RAM ha been truly expanded is by looking at it in the RAM EXPANDER.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 9:54am On Nov 28, 2013
The ram expander logo is d 4th on my notification bar meaning its successful. The 2nd screenshot shows RAM: 469mb/137 free meaning that's the ram that came with the fone and d remaining left. SWAP: 1404mb/1227mbfree means my ram has been expanded with additional 1404mb. Then the TOTAL shows my overall RAM on the phone. Sumtin ur normal settings won't show you.

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by jaemxvivid(m): 9:58am On Nov 28, 2013
kolidave: broz abeg i wan expand my tp5 ram to 1GB but ino get the illustration wela abeg bro KOLIDAVE help me upload screenshot on how to expand ram to 1GB..eshey broz
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by jaemxvivid(m): 10:05am On Nov 28, 2013
I just wana know if Galaxy S3Dandelion LWP LiveWallpaper will work with tp5?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 10:35am On Nov 28, 2013
[quote author=jaemxvivid][/quote] Bros u no go vex oooo buh nairaland dey tell me say pics too large,so ill try my best to calm down and explain very clearly. To expand your ram,you need the following requirements: 1. Make sure your phone is rooted 2. Download and install BUSY BOX 3. download and install RAM EXPANDER. 4. A memory card with at least free space of 3gb. launch the ram expander app, click on
optimal value, u will see a box called SWAP FILE that's where u can increase or decrease the amount of RAM you want to create. After that then tick the SWAP ACTIVE box,then it'll start expanding your ram. Ur fone must not go off or hibernate durung this process. To know if it was successful you'll see the ram expander logo on ur notification board
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by zonty: 10:50am On Nov 28, 2013
Chaii. Ram wahala. Lolz
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by iheanyi40(m): 11:00am On Nov 28, 2013
zonty: Chaii. Ram wahala. Lolz
lol u don dey find dia trouble Shea
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by felytch23(m): 11:07am On Nov 28, 2013
please, i'm in cotonou (BENIN REPUBLIC) and i want to know the price of tp5 in lagos presently. abeg help me

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (186) (Reply)

2go (system Version) Download / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.