Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread - Phones (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (438888 Views)

Tecno P5+ Discussion / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 7:48am On Dec 18, 2013
αηуσηє ℓινιηg ιη υмυαнια, кησωѕ нσω мυċн ρ5 ιѕ ѕσℓɗ тнєʀє
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by felytch23(m): 7:52am On Dec 18, 2013
after root, is it possibl to make a nandroid backup with another app before install cwm ?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by felix55(m): 8:03am On Dec 18, 2013
bhaliz44: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed GO ASK IFA, ABI I NO TRY undecided undecided

yes u can use it backup ur apps but first, ur phone must b root...it can't brick ur phone OK.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 8:07am On Dec 18, 2013
felytch23: after root, is it possibl to make a nandroid backup with another app before install cwm ?

U cam use rom manager to make a backup only if u ve installed cwm....so u ve to install d cmw first...
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by stephinnoyewole(m): 8:09am On Dec 18, 2013
Pes13 DW LD Link pls
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by felytch23(m): 9:01am On Dec 18, 2013
@marcjoe,thk u. i ask the question becoz the steps of installation of cwm on tecno p5 use Pc (www.basedroid.com),and i'm afraid of brick
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by theogabriel: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2013
Pls give me a list of Tecno phones that support real GPS; GPS that works without mobile data connection.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by tohby2(m): 9:36am On Dec 18, 2013
kolidave: the ram expander is absolutely safe. it creates
more virtual memory with d help of the external
memory card I.e it uses part of the memory card
as ram depending on the size u want it to use.
1st u need a rooted phone
then u need to install busybox or else it wnt work
then download memory info and swap file
checker here https://play.google.com/store/apps/
details?id=com.roehsoft.meminfo
this app will check if ur device is compatible with
ram expander
if its compatible den proceed to download ram
expander at playstore.
nw if UV installed ram expander u may proceed
launch the ram expander app, click on optimal
value, u will see a value in box next 2 (size mb)
that is d size of ram it will create. u can change it
to an higher value or leave it like dat, depending
on the size u want and the size of ur SD card Buh
u cnt create more than 2gb. after uv confirmed
the values tick the (swap activ check box on the
top lefthand corner of the screen. den it will start
creating swap file. please do not minimize d app
or let the phone go 2 sleep wen creating swap
file. after successfuly creating the tick the
autorun check box if its unchecked. and u have
expanded ur ram d expader icon should would b
seen on the notification screen. if its not
displaying locate reboot on the ram expander
menu. after rebooting it should display
can it work on ops son 6622
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 9:59am On Dec 18, 2013
Ebukated: yez
its 2 things that can be wrong with it. 1. Your memory card is too low on memeory already 2. You increased your RAM to much that it has exceeded its maximum level. Just free up some space on your memory card and try to increase your RAM to a minimal level like 1gb. As for me I only use my RAM expander when I wanna play games or watch a movie or download stuffs online.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2013
tohby2: can it work on ops son 6622
it doesn't work for all android phones but it should work for yours. To be sure if it will work for you,download memory info and swap file
checker from google play store
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Thebrightest(m): 10:47am On Dec 18, 2013
felytch23: @thebrightest, how much? nd where?
I bought my Techno p5 from a store ln computer village at the rate of 17500. I was very happy to get it at that price because the phone seems to be scarce and the few stores that have it are selling it 19000.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 18, 2013
Pls add me to d group 08053355095...thanx
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wanderlust007(m): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2013
theogabriel: Pls give me a list of Tecno phones that support real GPS; GPS that works without mobile data connection.
undecided
theogabriel: Pls give me a list of Tecno phones that support real GPS; GPS that works without mobile data connection.
is ther? i think every GPS service must use network nw
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by theogabriel: 12:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
wanderlust007: undecided is ther? i think every GPS service must use network nw

Yes, there are. That's why we have GPS and A-GPS. Tecno are not very straightforward with their specification that's why I need user reviews about Tecno phones that support GPS, not just A-GPS.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Joshkid(m): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
please add me to p5 whatsapp group +234 806 154 9274
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Mckandre(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
kolidave: its 2 things that can be wrong with it. 1. Your memory card is too low on memeory already 2. You increased your RAM to much that it has exceeded its maximum level. Just free up some space on your memory card and try to increase your RAM to a minimal level like 1gb. As for me I only use my RAM expander when I wanna play games or watch a movie or download stuffs online.
the issue is from the SD,ram expander requires an SD with a minimum transfer speed of 5mb/s were as his own is below the minimum, I will advice him to get another SD and to get the one with such speed will be expensive Cos the price varies with the standard we have around. I had that problem with mine but I have stopped using ram expander ever since I read that it damages SD due to too much activities (writing and rewriting )on a particular sector of the SD. if he must use then he should always make backups and again use ram expander when needed like during gaming but don't always live it ON.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mckandre: the issue is from the SD,ram expander requires an SD with a minimum transfer speed of 5mb/s were as his own is below the minimum, I will advice him to get another SD and to get the one with such speed will be expensive Cos the price varies with the standard we have around. I had that problem with mine but I have stopped using ram expander ever since I read that it damages SD due to too much activities (writing and rewriting )on a particular sector of the SD. if he must use then he should always make backups and again use ram expander when needed like during gaming but don't always live it ON.
well we still saying the same thing just that you gave detailed explanation. @Ebukated Shey you don hear
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by ManiaPrince(m): 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
Thebrightest: I bought my Techno p5 from a store ln computer village at the rate of 17500. I was very happy to get it at that price because the phone seems to be scarce and the few stores that have it are selling it 19000.
Nawao. I was even complaining whn I bought mine for 15,800 (for extra 300N). Well I guess I'm a little bit lucky.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wisdomray: 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
theogabriel:

Yes, there are. That's why we have GPS and A-GPS. Tecno are not very straightforward with their specification that's why I need user reviews about Tecno phones that support GPS, not just A-GPS.
P5 has both GPS and A-GPS
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by jadelyn007(f): 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
Pls I just bot mine n I have been unable to send text or browse, what do I do?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
jadelyn007: Pls I just bot mine n I have been unable to send text or browse, what do I do?
Please, how much did you get yours and in what state?

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by jadelyn007(f): 7:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
blink182: Please, how much did you get yours and in what state?
19k, ilorin.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by theogabriel: 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
wisdomray:
P5 has both GPS and A-GPS

Thanks. What about Tecno S3 ?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wisdomray: 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
theogabriel:

Thanks. What about Tecno S3 ?
I don't know of S3 cause I have not handled it
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by SOA93: 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
ManiaPrince: Nawao. I was even complaining whn I bought mine for 15,800 (for extra 300N). Well I guess I'm a little bit lucky.
whr do u buy your? Is p2 nt as gud as p5?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by theogabriel: 8:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
wisdomray:
I don't know of S3 cause I have not handled it

I'm very grateful!
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
pls is Airtel BB subscription still working?

I b wan subscribe••••••••
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by SOA93: 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
Cyberbaze: Pls can anyone help me? My Tecno p5 used to be charging fully with 1hr 30 munites. Now it takes up to 4hrs b4 it charges full. I thought it was from the charger and I bought another new Original charger and it persists. I flashed my phone yet is still the same thing. And my battery life is in good statue as directed by Du battery saver
when av u bin usin d fone nd d bat3
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
jadelyn007:
19k, ilorin.
thanks
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wisdomray: 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dessydanointed: pls is Airtel BB subscription still working?

I b wan subscribe••••••••
it's still working
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by donstevico(m): 11:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
To join ppsspp group on whatsapp add 08188431784

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (186) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] / 2go (system Version) Download / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.