Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,365 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread - Phones (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (438934 Views)

Tecno P5+ Discussion / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wabbyland(m): 11:02am On Dec 26, 2013
feyirexx:
Waoh!!!!Tried it but got this error message"you are not qualified for this promo,pls call 111. a beg how can I qualify IF it is real?

IF u sent and received such message it means u don't use a tecno P5. it's real and I did it for my friend I swear. I tried it on infinix but got the same message like u

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by felytch23(m): 11:48am On Dec 26, 2013
is it possible to unroot tecno p5?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by harlimy: 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
tecno p5 rooted with cool fonts,new launcher,ram expander etc.if u r in IFE or nearby.Ilaro or nearby too.contact me on 07035081799 and let's make a deal.merry Xmas.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Qunlexus4u(m): 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
wabbyland:

IF u sent and received such message it means u don't use a tecno P5. it's real and I did it for my friend I swear. I tried it on infinix but got the same message like u

Bro they are selecting sims they are giving tried it on 2 p5 phones but I wasn't given
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
Alfred234: pls guys my P5 always restart wen I connect it to my PC to transfer files how can I stop it? BTW who knw how 2 activate d Led blinker on it?
it happens to me too. Use the usb that came with your phone,if that doesn't work use another usb option by selecting 'media file transfer' and if that doesn't work just allow the phone to restart by itself twice . And it doesn't have led blinker.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wabbyland(m): 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
Qunlexus4u:
Bro they are selecting sims they are giving tried it on 2 p5 phones but I wasn't given

selecting sims? I doubt that. is the phone new? how are u sure the owner of the phone has not sent the same message and received the 200? just asking
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Atyem(m): 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
pls all gurus in d house, how can I get a custom ROM for my rooted tp5?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Talk2nanro(m): 10:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
Qunlexus4u:
no mind the boy make he they tok wetin he no know
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Talk2nanro(m): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
felytch23: is it possible to unroot tecno p5?
sure its possible, i have unrooted mine since. for all of ya that rooted your phone make sure you have clockworkmod installed to avoid had i known
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Qunlexus4u(m): 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
wabbyland:

selecting sims? I doubt that. is the phone new? how are u sure the owner of the phone has not sent the same message and received the 200? just asking

I know what am saying I tried it personally on the 2 phones jare
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Qunlexus4u(m): 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
kolidave: it happens to me too. Use the usb that came with your phone,if that doesn't work use another usb option by selecting 'media file transfer' and if that doesn't work just allow the phone to restart by itself twice . And it doesn't have led blinker.

Are u using xposed installer if yes move the apps and all its elements to ur phone internal memory
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by malachi2uk(m): 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
Help!
I don't know what a friend pressed on my p5 and my contacts and where 2 dail number disappeared, I can't dail number as it stands now and can't even access my contacts because the symbol is not dia. Plz help ne.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kalfloxy(f): 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
Talk2nanro: sure its possible, i have unrooted mine since. for all of ya that rooted your phone make sure you have clockworkmod installed to avoid had i known
Please how did you safely unroot yours?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by osigiepurr(m): 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
Talk2nanro: sure its possible, i have unrooted mine since. for all of ya that rooted your phone make sure you have clockworkmod installed to avoid had i known

Pls, what do u mean by "had I known "....my P5 is still on rooted mode....pls is there any disadvantage of rooting our phones?.....I need reply ASAP to decide whether to unroot my phone or still leave it rooted. Thanks
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by osigiepurr(m): 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
And how do I download clockworkmod on my phone. Pls, help.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
Qunlexus4u:
Are u using xposed installer if yes move the apps and all its elements to ur phone internal memory
no bro I don't have that....
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
osigiepurr:

Pls, what do u mean by "had I known "....my P5 is still on rooted mode....pls is there any disadvantage of rooting our phones?.....I need reply ASAP to decide whether to unroot my phone or still leave it rooted. Thanks
had I known mean bricking your phone that is rendering it useless. The only disadvantages of rooting that I know is bricking your phone during the process of rooting it and voiding your phone's warranty,and I don't find that such a big deal. So no need to worry bro.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 11:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
kalfloxy:
Please how did you safely unroot yours?
depends on what you used to root yours. I used framaroot to root mine,its easy to unroot mine using the same framaroot. All I gotta do is remove superuser. Das all
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
malachi2uk: Help!
I don't know what a friend pressed on my p5 and my contacts and where 2 dail number disappeared, I can't dail number as it stands now and can't even access my contacts because the symbol is not dia. Plz help ne.
na wa oooo. All I can say is restore factory settings Jare,first of all backup ooooo. Anyone with better ideas?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Ebukated: 12:02am On Dec 27, 2013
Mystiq25: P5 users, send SMART to 141 with your Airtel line you will be given 200mb for six months, thank me later.
u get mouth jooo thanks oh

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Cyberbaze(m): 12:19am On Dec 27, 2013
: Pls can anyone help me? My Tecno p5 used to be charging fully with 1hr 30 munites. Now it takes up to 4hrs b4 it charges full. I thought it was from the charger and I bought another new Original charger and it persists. I flashed my phone yet is still the same thing. And my battery life is in good statue as directed by Du battery saver
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by jiggar(m): 12:26am On Dec 27, 2013
I would like to say that Tecno P5 is a nice phone and if you are using it, happy for you. Now, some people will say rooting is good, while others might disagree. I would like to state why rooting is important and then, installing CWM. I don't use a P5(I use a java phone), but my brother(not tech-savvy) has one. Times without number, when he(my brother) gets back from the office, he would tell me that, whenever people sees the phone on him, they would want to 'feel' it, and in the process, tamper with it. One day, he came back and said, someone installed something for him, and I didn't know if the app was going to damage or brick the phone or not. It took me time to discover what that app was. Fortunately, no harm was done to the phone. During this recent event, I was contemplating rooting, but I was scared, because I have never done rooting before. However, the day came, when I had no choice, but to root his phone. As usual, when he got home, he showed me his P5, but it was no longer in English, but rather; Burnamese. He said, someone asked to see it and then the person mistakenly changed the language. Wow! what a problem. Well, after some stunts, I was able to restore the English. At this juncture, I knew the time for rooting, CWM and backing up the rom has finally come, before someone 'mistakenly', but finally damages the phone. So on the 19th of this month(Dec), to God be the glory, I rooted, installed CWM and backed up the rom of the P5. So anytime, anyone tampers with it, I can easily do a restore, without hassles. So this is my own personal reason for rooting Tecno P5, infact any Android phone.
On a final note, remember that you are responsible for whatever happens to your phone. Thanks all.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 12:28am On Dec 27, 2013
Cyberbaze: : Pls can anyone help me? My Tecno p5 used to be charging fully with 1hr 30 munites. Now it takes up to 4hrs b4 it charges full. I thought it was from the charger and I bought another new Original charger and it persists. I flashed my phone yet is still the same thing. And my battery life is in good statue as directed by Du battery saver
na the charging dey give u concern? Hope it doesn't drain fast ?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Daviedadoo(m): 12:53am On Dec 27, 2013
I do have what app+ how do I set it
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Mystiq25(m): 6:19am On Dec 27, 2013
edrys:
Tnx for this info. I just received 200mb till 24th Jan., 14.
you are welcome, you will be given another 200mb immediately after this one expires.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by osigiepurr(m): 6:39am On Dec 27, 2013
jiggar: I would like to say that Tecno P5 is a nice phone and if you are using it, happy for you. Now, some people will say rooting is good, while others might disagree. I would like to state why rooting is important and then, installing CWM. I don't use a P5(I use a java phone), but my brother(not tech-savvy) has one. Times without number, when he(my brother) gets back from the office, he would tell me that, whenever people sees the phone on him, they would want to 'feel' it, and in the process, tamper with it. One day, he came back and said, someone installed something for him, and I didn't know if the app was going to damage or brick the phone or not. It took me time to discover what that app was. Fortunately, no harm was done to the phone. During this recent event, I was contemplating rooting, but I was scared, because I have never done rooting before. However, the day came, when I had no choice, but to root his phone. As usual, when he got home, he showed me his P5, but it was no longer in English, but rather; Burnamese. He said, someone asked to see it and then the person mistakenly changed the language. Wow! what a problem. Well, after some stunts, I was able to restore the English. At this juncture, I knew the time for rooting, CWM and backing up the rom has finally come, before someone 'mistakenly', but finally damages the phone. So on the 19th of this month(Dec), to God be the glory, I rooted, installed CWM and backed up the rom of the P5. So anytime, anyone tampers with it, I can easily do a restore, without hassles. So this is my own personal reason for rooting Tecno P5, infact any Android phone.
On a final note, remember that you are responsible for whatever happens to your phone. Thanks all.

Please, how do i download CMW on my phone. Please, someone should help
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by jiggar(m): 7:52am On Dec 27, 2013
osigiepurr:

Please, how do i download CMW on my phone. Please, someone should help
You don't download CWM, you have to instal it, by downloading some necessary software. Check some pages back, maybe 10-15 pages back, you might get it or better still, type 'how to root and instal CWM on Tecno P5' in the search bar above, i.e some lines under Nairaland , and click on local search. I hope with all this tips, you will be able to do it.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by felytch23(m): 8:33am On Dec 27, 2013
Please add me on p5 whatsapp group. +229 97531230
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 27, 2013
Qunlexus4u:

Requirements:
1. Rooted p5 phone
2. Whatsapp plus
3. Titanium backup
4. Root browser

Do you have all these?
If you do, then proceed.

Use titanium backup to backup your current whatsapp
Enter root browser, go to system/vendor/operator/apps and Delete whatsapp
Uninstall the current whatsapp, and install the whatsapp plus
Then open your Titanium backup, click on the whatsapp plus, click on restore and click on restore data only.
Kudos to stephinnoyewole

I tried ur procedure but my whatsapp refused to delete in d root.browser.... Any remedy
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 27, 2013
If uve finished gta 3 on dis device....pls hw did u do it....my gta 3 keeps force closing.... Dis fone is a bit overattd jawe... HD games e no fit play. Wella.. Gta 3,Gta Vice city, contract killer force closes afta each mission....takes ages to load sumtyms, ordinary sims freeplay self, ma no even bother wif san andreas or wateva its called... Abi na jes ma fone
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Qunlexus4u(m): 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
Olalexy1:

I tried ur procedure but my whatsapp refused to delete in d root.browser.... Any remedy

It will surely delete if it doesn't use es explorer
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by demsid(m): 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
pls I installed pes 2012 on my p5 and it is not opening. it just display loading that's all. what should I do

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (186) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] / 2go (system Version) Download / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.