Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,644 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread - Phones (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (438435 Views)

Tecno P5+ Discussion / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by abokinamu(m): 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
create another group and add the rest whatever info that's posted in the other group should be also posted to the new group the admin should take note
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by adedayoayzee(m): 10:59am On Sep 08, 2014
sorry but i need to ask...i lost my package installer while rooting my tecno p5...and i don't av any cwm backup on my phone.....another problem is that my phone is nw bricked....pls i need a CWM backup ....pls can u guys send me the backup.....THANKS.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by ajilok2: 4:44am On Sep 09, 2014
Leobreezy:
I don't know about others but my tecno p5 is odexed and that basically means I can't flash custom roms. Only deodexed Android devices can. You can search online on how to deodex yours but without being able to boot into recovery mode I dare say it's too much of a risk. I think tecno purposely killed tp5 market to advance the sale of other models cuz i don't know why the p5's released this year are so bad and filled with bugs
To My own understanding odexed has nothing to do with flashing a rom or installing of cwm
It only allow you to theme your Android phone
Am on this new p5 nd I've been trying to flash cwm, am yet to get through
But I strongly believe there is going to be a way of doing it, am working on it
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by abokinamu(m): 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
Any new custom ROM for p5?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by blackweaver(m): 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
abokinamu: Any new custom ROM for p5?

you didn't see this?:

victorix:
actually the kitkat rom is better
kitkat rom for p5: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B0MpiDrtTxYwbTlBWjVDQUx2eVE&export=download
instructions:
boot to recovery
1. wipe data/factory reset
2. wipe cache
3. go under mount storage and wipe /system
4. go under advanced and wipe dalvik cache
5. select install zip from from sdcard, now choose
zip from sdcard...navigate to the extracted zip file
and select.
then confirm..wait for the rom to finish flashing
now reboot....

@victorix thanks for the post by the way, now my tecno p5 is usable again, love the system UI
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Blackchampion(m): 3:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
My Tecno M7 i bought on Friday just felled n entered inside water yesterday, a friend tried drying it n got a part of d screen burnt. It is not even responding to touches but oda functions re ok. Pls what do i do?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Mironak(m): 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pls is it compulsory for me to root my P5?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Samfilo31(m): 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
blackweaver:

you didn't see this?:

@victorix thanks for the post by the way, now my tecno p5 is usable again, love the system UI
lets see de screenshot pls
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by victorix(m): 10:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
blackweaver:

you didn't see this?:

welcome bro. enjoy yr phone
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by abokinamu(m): 12:36am On Sep 10, 2014
blackweaver:

you didn't see this?:

please how do I boot into recovery? when I press power key and volume down key in wrote factory mod and then every other thing is in Chinese please is there any other way to go about it please help a brother
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by ugoelvis1(m): 1:14am On Sep 10, 2014
please house; rooted my p5 with framaroot and installed CWM recovery successfully after a (Mtkdroid tool + Pdanet) and later the CWM backup. Everything is working fine except that i can no longer copy files between my phone SD card and my PC. the phone tends to restart each time usb file connection is enabled. pls is this normal of a rooted phone ? Do i unroot , flash back stock ROM with flash tool or simply do outright CWM recovery restore? coping is an essential phone process to ignore
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Ubking0(m): 5:28am On Sep 10, 2014
victorix:

try kitkat rom

Please I need the link to download it... The one without bugs.. Thank you
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by blackweaver(m): 5:43am On Sep 10, 2014
Ubking0:

Please I need the link to download it... The one without bugs.. Thank you

that link doesn't have bugs, did you follow the instructions properly? I also had issues the first time I tried installing it because I missed a couple of steps. Steps 1&2 alone aren't enough, you have to do steps 3&4 too for it to work
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Ubking0(m): 5:51am On Sep 10, 2014
victorix:

actually the kitkat rom is better

kitkat rom for p5: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B0MpiDrtTxYwbTlBWjVDQUx2eVE&export=download

instructions:
boot to recovery
1. wipe data/factory reset
2. wipe cache
3. go under mount storage and wipe /system
4. go under advanced and wipe dalvik cache
5. select install zip from from sdcard, now choose
zip from sdcard...navigate to the extracted zip file
and select.
then confirm..wait for the rom to finish flashing
now reboot....

PLEASE I HOPE IT HAS NO BUG...? IF WHAT WILL BE THE PROCEDURE IF I WANT TO REVERT TO STOCK ROM
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Ubking0(m): 5:55am On Sep 10, 2014
blackweaver:

that link doesn't have bugs, did you follow the instructions properly? I also had issues the first time I tried installing it because I missed a couple of steps. Steps 1&2 alone aren't enough, you have to do steps 3&4 too for it to work

Thank you..... Will my Bb imei still be intact?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by blackweaver(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2014
Ubking0:

Thank you..... Will my Bb imei still be intact?

i seriously doubt it o, you would probably have to set it up again
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by blackweaver(m): 9:44am On Sep 10, 2014
Ubking0:

PLEASE I HOPE IT HAS NO BUG...? IF WHAT WILL BE THE PROCEDURE IF I WANT TO REVERT TO STOCK ROM

you have cwm? if so do a rom backup first, that way if you have any issues or decide you don't want to continue, you can restore to what your phone was befire you started.

If you have titanium backup i recommend that you backup your apps and data too first before installing this rom
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Ubking0(m): 11:22am On Sep 10, 2014
blackweaver:

you have cwm? if so do a rom backup first, that way if you have any issues or decide you don't want to continue, you can restore to what your phone was befire you started.

If you have titanium backup i recommend that you backup your apps and data too first before installing this rom
I have back up my stock rom..and I HV flash in the kitkat ROM..it works well but it reboot my phone wen I end a call..why? Pls help...
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by 3CHUB: 11:31am On Sep 10, 2014
Samfilo31: my P5 wont charge if i off to charge pls y
Hello change either the USB or the charger head one of them is faulty
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by uzokingn(m): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
my p5 Jst developed a problem. it now drains the battery fast and very how while its on use and also while am charging it. its very hot around the charging port area. pls who knows wat is causing this
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by abokinamu(m): 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
please how do I boot into recovery? when I press
power key and volume down key in wrote factory
mod and then every other thing is in Chinese
please is there any other way to go about it please
help a brother
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Ubking0(m): 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
abokinamu: please how do I boot into recovery? when I press
power key and volume down key in wrote factory
mod and then every other thing is in Chinese
please is there any other way to go about it please
help a brother

My brother it is power key + volume up
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Ubking0(m): 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
blackweaver:

I have back up my stock rom..and I HV flash in the kitkat ROM..it works well but it reboot my phone wen I end a call..why? Pls help...
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by blackweaver(m): 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ubking0:

don't know o, haven't made any calls on my phone yet (it's my secondary phone)
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by abokinamu(m): 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ubking0:

My brother it is power key + volume up

I tried it but it didn't work the phone just on normal it didn't show factory mode or anything please help
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Ubking0(m): 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
blackweaver:

don't know o, haven't made any calls on my phone yet (it's my secondary phone)

Just try it and you will know what I mean
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Ubking0(m): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
abokinamu:

I tried it but it didn't work the phone just on normal it didn't show factory mode or anything please help

You do not press it properly... Press and hold power key and volume up till you see a black window with a machine....
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by blackweaver(m): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ubking0:

Just try it and you will know what I mean

just did, no problem on my end. You still keep getting the error? if so, maybe you should reset the phone again, just backup the apps and data with titanium backup first
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Ubking0(m): 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
blackweaver:

just did, no problem on my end. You still keep getting the error? if so, maybe you should reset the phone again, just backup the apps and data with titanium backup first

The call will connect but wen I the call ends while the phone is till on my ear it will make a rough sound and reboot but but if it not close to my ear it won't reboot
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by ajilok2: 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
ajilok2:
To My own understanding odexed has nothing to do with flashing a rom or installing of cwm
It only allow you to theme your Android phone
Am on this new p5 nd I've been trying to flash cwm, am yet to get through
But I strongly believe there is going to be a way of doing it, am working on it
I finally flash the cwm with the help of mtk droid tool
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Leobreezy(m): 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
ajilok2:
I finally flash the cwm with the help of mtk droid tool
Cool, can you boot into recovery mode now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (186) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] / 2go (system Version) Download / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.