Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,270 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread - Phones (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (438413 Views)

Tecno P5+ Discussion / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Darey00(m): 8:24am On Nov 19, 2013
stephinnoyewole: I've finally installed cwm and I created d nandroid. After completing d nandroid I found d following file in my sd card.
Clockworkmod/backup/2013-11-18.19.16.04/boot.img,recovery.img,nandroid.md5,cache.ext4.tar,data.ext4.tar,system.ext4.tar
Is d nandroid successfull created?
Tanx in advance.
what's d size of d online backup u downloaded and what wer d steps u took. Tanks
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Mikkie31(m): 10:02am On Nov 19, 2013
stephinnoyewole:
I av over 200apps installed on my tp5 with 5hd games like fifa12,pes12 etc.
So, dnt knw wats wrong with ur phone shaa.
Guess u factory restore d fone
guy abeq how did u download these games? Dont tell me google play cos these games are either to be paid for or nowhere to be found. I need PES 2012 ASAP. Plssss anybody!
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Mikkie31(m): 10:13am On Nov 19, 2013
Someone pls tell me how and where to install pes 2012 and other Hd games. Pls lah
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
do I need to install cwm to my p5 before rooting? n do I need to root before I download games n apps cos am new to android. how can I stop d phone from draining my mb
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by nani667: 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
fesogbade: do I need to install cwm to my p5 before rooting? n do I need to root before I download games n apps cos am new to android. how can I stop d phone from draining my mb

root first..
then install CWM....
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by rapeest: 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
walex1991: please help o!!! my tecno p5 does not minimize. it kills d app like 10seconds after I have minimized it, even the apps that are under protected list in my power manager. wat do I do
goto settings>developer option scroll down to background process limit and select standard limit
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
Can't help buh ask. How do u guys take photos of urself with this phone. anytime I try my finger no just dey press the snap button for middle,na another tin e go dey press.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Idrismusty97(m): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
[size=24pt] Common problems of tecno from 4.0 os and their solutions. [/size]

[size=24pt]1.Excessive usage of data [/size]
Scroll down your status bar.Click the icon on the top right corner of the screen then you will see "data usage".Click on the "data usage" and tap your menu key.After taping it you will see "Restrict background data".Click on it.
NOTE:Restricting background data stop you from downloading with googleplay.Click on the triangle icon on your status bar that says "Touch to remove restrictions" whenever you want to download.

[size=24pt] 2.Using both sim for calling and messaging. [/size]
-For calling
Go to settings and select "sim management".Click on "voice call" and select "Ask always"
-For messaging
Same procedure as for calling.Instead click on "messaging" and select "Ask always"

[size=24pt] 3.Installing HD games [/size]
-Games with "obb" file(s)
Go to file manager.Select SD card.open the folder named "Android" and create a folder with the name "obb"(Most be in small letters & Don't create this folder if it is already there).After this paste the game folder with the obb files in this "obb" folder(Dont make the mixtake of pasting only the obb file.You must paste the whole folder.After all these.install the APK file.
-Games without obb
Most game can be installed directly without going through too much troubles such as angry bird(games with only apk file) or any game you download from Google play.In case you did not download it from google play and it is a game with data.just copy the folder that begins with "com." and paste it in a folder named data which is inside the android folder i mentioned above.
NOTES:The folder of these two types of games begins with the word "com." the only difference is that one has a file with ".obb" extention.The other doesn't.

[size=24pt] 4.Switching of each sim to 3G [/size]
Go to settings, select "more.." icon and select "mobile network".Click on "3G service".Select "enable 3g" and choose the sim you want with 3g

1,2 and 3 may be applicable to all devices but 4 is restricted only to tecno and infinix for now

https://www.nairaland.com/1523575/common-problems-tecno-solutions-4.0

2 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Cashrill(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mikkie31: Someone pls tell me how and where to install pes 2012 and other Hd games. Pls lah
Android.mob.org
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Cashrill(m): 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
kolidave: Can't help buh ask. How do u guys take photos of urself with this phone. anytime I try my finger no just dey press the snap button for middle,na another tin e go dey press.
Use self timer
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Doyen009(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
Pls do I need a computer to install cwm
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
Cashrill:
Use self timer
I've tot of dat too buh its just kinda weird
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Doyen009(m): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
Submit or numbers for techno p5 group on whatsapp
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by stephinnoyewole(m): 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mikkie31: guy abeq how did u download these games? Dont tell me google play cos these games are either to be paid for or nowhere to be found. I need PES 2012 ASAP. Plssss anybody!
gOOGLE SEarch like this, "Download Pes12 for android device" without the quotes
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by luckshine: 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
samdean: drop ur numbers to be added to the p5 whatsapp group

add this number
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by stephinnoyewole(m): 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
Darey_00:
what's d size of d online backup u downloaded and what wer d steps u took. Tanks
didnt download any online backup, jst followed a link posted hia
u can also follow the link aswell http://basedroid.com/tutorials/how-to-install-cwm-on-most-rooted-mtk-devices/?wap2
read carefully
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
Doyen009: Pls do I need a computer to install cwm
Yes oo
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Darey00(m): 4:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
stephinnoyewole:
u can also follow the link aswell http://basedroid.com/tutorials/how-to-install-cwm-on-most-rooted-mtk-devices/?wap2
read carefully
thanks bro..av already gone tru dt tutorial and planning to do my cwm dis week too. na wen i c u write something about creating nonadroid online backup i was kinda wondering if its needed after backing up d ROM via pc..doesn't d process create d backup file in d sd card directly ni?? tanks bro
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Castos(m): 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
stephinnoyewole:
read carefully
Guy how do I know that I've successfully installed cwm into my phone cos I just did what was stated on that website you shared plus I don't know what cwm does in my phone. thanks
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Neduzze5(m): 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
Darey_00:
thanks bro..av already gone tru dt tutorial and planning to do my cwm dis week too. na wen i c u write something about creating nonadroid online backup i was kinda wondering if its needed after backing up d ROM via pc..doesn't d process create d backup file in d sd card directly ni?? tanks bro

CWM is different from backing up with PC. CWM is required for you to be successfully able to backup your ROM. After installing CWM with PC, disconnect the USB cable, and switch off your phone.

Now put it on by holding the volume up and power buttons at the same time.

Enable back menu button by pressing volume down+up+ down
Navigate to backup/restore by pressing the volume up or down button and select by pressing the power button.
Before this, you should have up to 2gig space on your SD card.
Allow the backup to run and when finished, put off your phone and put it on. Go to your file manager.
You'll see a clockwork mod folder. Enter it till you get to a set of files. If they are six in number, congrats for successfully backing up your ROM!

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Neduzze5(m): 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
Castos: Guy how do I know that I've successfully installed cwm into my phone cos I just did what was stated on that website you shared plus I don't know what cwm does in my phone. thanks

BOOT INTO RECOVERY

Switch off ur phone and switch it back on but this time with a combo of two keys which are the volume down+power buttons.
Hold these keys together and after five seconds, release the power button while still holding the vol down button
You'll see a set of options. If backup/restore is there, then you've successfully installed cwm on your phone.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by dondiggy: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mikkie31: Someone pls tell me how and where to install pes 2012 and other Hd games. Pls lah
extract d data/cache file (d file with .zip or.rar ) using b1 archiver , nd place it in d obb folder under android,,, ,install d apk nd launch ur game
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by dondiggy: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
kolidave: Can't help buh ask. How do u guys take photos of urself with this phone. anytime I try my finger no just dey press the snap button for middle,na another tin e go dey press.
down camera 360 , enable d icon that shows a hand on d screen,,,,, whenever u want to snap just touch d screen
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Onyiclassic(f): 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
just got mah tp5,its stil chargin dont know d 1st tin 2 do on it in oda nt 2 ruin it any advice?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
face d camera like u want to snap ursef yl long pressing d shutter.. it will den take multiple fotos from which u pick from or u can click on d shutter but it's hard to snap dis way because u may find it difficult to locate d shuttet wen u can't c it

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
dondiggy:
down camera 360 , enable d icon that shows a hand on d screen,,,,, whenever u want to snap just touch d screen
that 360 camera snaps d sound in the background too. and whenever u tap the screen to snap the sound of ur tapping is heard wen viewing the photo so that's a no for me
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kolidave: 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
ohleaveyah:
face d camera like u want to snap ursef yl long pressing d shutter.. it will den take multiple fotos from which u pick from or u can click on d shutter but it's hard to snap dis way because u may find it difficult to locate d shuttet wen u can't c it
lol . abi naw I did that too ooo. it took like 40 photos in a few sec. very funny
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Castos: Guy how much does it worth?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
samdean: haven't seen the black, but I love the white cos I have used l3 black
n i haven't seen any white..
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
weneva i yry to minimize, d app closes..plz wat do i do to stop dis
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
weneva i try to minimize, d app closes..plz wat do i do to stop dis

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (186) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] / 2go (system Version) Download / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.