Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,247 members, 7,853,248 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:04 PM

SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate (10621 Views)

Saraki: ‘you Have No Power To Summon Justice Umar’, SERAP Tells Senate / Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja / Jonathan's SURE-P Is A Drain Pipe On Nigeria's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by omenka(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2013
When the head is sick, the body suffers!

Jonathan's presidency is nothing but a huge joke.
He and his band of ex-convicts, practicing criminals, prospective convicts, and aspiring crooks steal everything in sight.
They are so addicted to stealing sometimes they even steal what is rightfully due them!

Kolade lost the respect I had for him the day he accepted that appointment, presiding over an apparent ponzi scheme aimed at further perpetuating the greatest fraud in the history of this Nation (perhaps mankind!). Over a trillion naira vanished just like that yet no one is in jail! Do we need a soothsayer to tell us those behind such a gagantuan fraud

Yet some useless cretins would come on here yapping "Jonathan till 2019"! Thunder fire all of una!

8 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Delafruita(m): 9:01am On Sep 20, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Dude, learn to read an article before commenting. The paucity of fund is due to the national assembly's refusal to appropriate adequate fund for SURE-P.

SURE-P was not intended to be a government agency requiring appropiation.the purpose was for the amount saved from the reduction of subsidy payable by giovernment to be diverted to a committee to re-invest.so there shouldnt be much story as regards the funds available to them.there is already a fixed mechanism for calculating what goes to them.they are not supposed to present a budget to be deliberated upon,they are supposed to streamline their programs based on the funds given to them.there should be no issue of paucity of funds at all.the national assembly doesnt owe any funds to SURE-P

3 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Hearme(m): 9:03am On Sep 20, 2013
Bantino: N10,000 to 3,000 is N30m and not N13b, whatz going on here Mr.

small small bro. 110,000 beneficiaries x 10k = 1.1bn montly. For one year is equal to 13.2 billion.

My own be say who knows anyone collecting this money and what was the criteria they used in selecting them?
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by genialjp: 9:04am On Sep 20, 2013
My country nigeria is indeed the eight wonders of the world. our leaders rob us in broad daylight and the behave as if they are doing us a favour. if SURE P is broke then where is the excess of 97- 65 going.
phd holder GEJ is losing it everyday.
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by omenka(m): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2013
"The federal government is planning to dump the
Steve Oronsaye report on the rationalisation of
government ministries, departments and agencies
(MDAs) on the grounds that some of the (MDAs) are
underpinned by law which cannot be repealed in the short run".

Oh Lord!! Didn't the govt know this before setting up the committee and funding it's activities??
Another goof from the Bell Ringer.
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by royalexcel2: 9:08am On Sep 20, 2013
As I expected , Dr kolawale , respect him as a person , but this SURE P thing ,I knew it , they will rubish Dr Kolawale through this programe , God help us .
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by taharqa: 9:09am On Sep 20, 2013
emmysenior: -| ˚°. ◦huh?!..

PTF beats this sh*t any day anytime.

[b] Where did all the money go to?

Why are those indicted for subsidy scams walking free?

Why is miss froggy eyes not probed?

Apart from some haggard looking people on black and white with some awkward aprons of SURE-P and thick smoke emitting noise making buses I see here in Abuja, I've not really seen or heard of any tangible thing done with the subsidy money.

No a$$ licking goon should tell me some other projects were executed with the monies from SURE-P. What about the money from 2013 budget?

If the developments according to what we heard earlier in 2012 is anything to come by, the development would be at a geometric rate cos, both the monies from the appropriation bill and subsidy rakes would power the developments.

Once they came with some Subsidy Reinvestment Programme SURE-P, I immediately knew it was SURE-Problems.

I prefer PTF to this silly SURE-P nonsense. Mtcheeew...

Airports rakes in revenue.

Internal revenue rakes in.

Customs rakes in.

Immigration rakes in.

Lagos seaport rakes in.

VAT.

All federal workers pay tax.

Agricultural produce exports.

Telecommunication industries pay taxes.

Importers pay taxes.

Me sef dey pay tax.

Thieves! Thieves!! Thieves!!![/b]
Sm of u DONKEYS just go ahead and spit IGNORANTIC nonsense, achieved with plenty words. Did you read d Article to see that it was d NA that refused to approve d full monies demanded by SURE-P?? Olodo
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by royalexcel2: 9:10am On Sep 20, 2013
As I expected , Dr kolawale , I respect him as a person , but this SURE P thing ,I knew it , they will rubish Dr Kolawale through this programe , God help us .
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Pattey(m): 9:13am On Sep 20, 2013
Key points based on this post; 1- Government target is 110,000 beneficiaries every month @10,000 each

2 - Government is to start with 5000 as pilot beneficiaries HOWEVER;

3 - There are only 3000 beneficiaries as a result of funds.

The question now is, 3,000 present beneficiaries multiplied by 10,000 naira per month = 30,000,000 (30M). . . We're still in september, so what they heck happened to 9BILLION allocated by the National Assembly? Na so money dey quick finish ni? Jesus is Lord!!!

If we say its GEJs fault, they'll say No, its Dr Kolade. . . But, who is actually in charge in this country? Why can't we man up and take responsibility for our actions!

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by mbulela: 9:18am On Sep 20, 2013
This man is supposed to be an intelligent old man.
How did he fall for this scam?
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by taharqa: 9:19am On Sep 20, 2013
Bantino: N10,000 to 3,000 is N30m and not N13b, whatz going on here Mr.

You are very, very 'Brilliant' Bros. I hail....*smdh*
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by omenka(m): 9:20am On Sep 20, 2013
Hearme:

My own be say who knows anyone collecting this money and what was the criteria they used in selecting them?

Maybe I can help you. I presume it would be their goats, chickens, and dead family members.

Remember when Mike Tyson voted in Edo state guber elections during the time of prof Osumbur??

Nothing is imposible in naija.
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Pattey(m): 9:24am On Sep 20, 2013
Hearme:

small small bro. 110,000 beneficiaries x 10k = 1.1bn montly. For one year is equal to 13.2 billion.

The person you quoted is correct because according to the OP, there are presently 3000 beneficiaries. . . Now let's even assume the 110,000 are 'all being paid already', you calculated a total of 13.2Billion, right?
So why did Dr Kolade submit a budget of 28Billion? More than double of what is actually needed!

I'm not feeling all this Mister Integrity gist any more Ooo. . . Would they have started sharing the excess to ghosts if NA actually approved that money ni?

This is billions we're talking about guys, not just millions! About 15Billion was requested in excess!! Haba! . . . And even now that they are to have spent 360Million for this year (based on 3000 actual beneficiaries), they are saying 9Billion she haf goan finish. . . Aaaaarrggghhh!

Olohun a rejo da!
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by taharqa: 9:25am On Sep 20, 2013
HNosegbe: This part of the story caught my attention.

So if they knew they couldn't implement the report because these agencies are "untouchable" why did they bother to set up the committee in the first place? Why give us false hope?

This is the reason why government will NEVER be trusted.

So for those hoping for a reduction in cost of governance, you might as well forget about it.

I hope you saw the operative phrase '..in d short run' there? The document in question is on d 2014 budget. There is no way d Govt, in wanting to fully implement d Oronsaye Report, will just stop funding SOME MDAs set up by law without those laws been repealed/Amended by d NA 1st. They certainly cannot do so in dis next 2014 fiscal year.. I dont get what you found difficult to understand here.
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by otokx(m): 9:28am On Sep 20, 2013
1 of the numerous scams.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by mbulela: 9:30am On Sep 20, 2013
royalexcel2: As I expected , Dr kolawale , I respect him as a person , but this SURE P thing ,I knew it , they will rubish Dr Kolawale through this programe , God help us .
was he forced to accept the appointment?
I don't trust anyone in the corridor of power in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by swordsaintman: 9:32am On Sep 20, 2013
na wo oo..hw wia d pple dt r collecting ds money selectd?? Coz i ova qualify yet, nofin for me...
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by omenka(m): 9:32am On Sep 20, 2013
taharqa: Lots of very very fooolish people on NL!! So cos it is 'not a subsidiary of d NA' (whateva that means), d NA is not responsible for its funding??... Sm of u shld learn to keep SHUT in public

You shut up! You are the biggest fool I've ever come across online. The program is called "subsidy reinvestment program", and it derives its funding directly from the extra monies realised from the "partial" removal of "petroleum subsidy".

It isn't a ministry, or an agency whose budget has to be appropriated by NASS. So all that talk shifting blame to the national assembly is just a smokescreen to decieve some guillible nigerians like yourself.

When your Boss fritted away over a trillion naira in d name of subsidy did he seek appropriation from the NASS before making those "payments"? Was there any suplementary budget to that respect? Was the initial budgetary allocation not about 250billion naira??

You should be shamed of yourself.

8 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 20, 2013
taharqa: I hope you saw the operative phrase '..in d short run' there? The document in question is on d 2014 budget. There is no way d Govt, in wanting to fully implement d Oronsaye Report, will just stop funding SOME MDAs set up by law without those laws been repealed/Amended by d NA 1st. They certainly cannot do so in dis next 2014 fiscal year.. I dont get what you found difficult to understand here.

What "short run" are you talking about?

How long does it take to repeal an act of parliament?

Has the Federal Government even forwarded the relevant bills to the National Assembly to repeal those redundant agencies in the first place?

And what about the retinue of aides and special assistants and advisers and special advisers and senior special assistants and advisers? Are those ones set up by law as well?

Does the president need to repeal any act of parliament before selling off his presidential fleet of jets, which have become a drainpipe on this country's resources?

Stop defending the indefensible please.

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Pattey(m): 9:35am On Sep 20, 2013
Bantino: N10,000 to 3,000 is N30m and not
N13b, whatz going on here Mr.

taharqa: You are very, very 'Brilliant' Bros. I hail....*smdh*

Attack Dog 'Two', why don't you show how brilliant you are? He provided figures based on the post, why not make an attempt to discredit his mathematics? However daft your calculations may actually be. . . Prove your point against those figures!

Oh jeeez! Why have I been wasting my time. . . Forgot I'm in Nigeria where the principles of Basic mathematics have been redefined by retards!

3 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by olahero(m): 9:35am On Sep 20, 2013
charsreal: Sure P? Dat program is riddled wit corrupt practices as it is wit most initiative in Nigeria, contractors in charge of the program from state to local government level short change the beneficiaries of the program at will, allowances are delayed for months, even when they eventually pay substantial amount is deducted from the peanut that is paid, all is not just well, only God will serve us the common man in this country called Nigeria!
Am NOT just OK with this country, SURE-P is SURELY-CORRUPTED, I know lots about them, they pay #6000 every 3month in my state to participants NOT even #10,000 monthly, mtchew, am tired of thieves of this country, no good sector in this country.

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 20, 2013
Nigeria Jaga Jaga.
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by oladiboy: 9:43am On Sep 20, 2013
This program was aimed to re-invest our subsidy funds abi? But I can boldly tell you that the people managing the program are PDP members who contributed to GEJ 2011 election campaign, and He (GEJ) now using this medium to compensate them for their support during the last election. Walai, I know how much is being routing to one of the members account (State Chairman of Sure-P) who is a beneficiary of this program and to my surprise again this man in question is a Nigerien (Niger Rep.) Hmmm, Na only God fit save us from these our leaders.
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by taharqa: 9:54am On Sep 20, 2013
omenka:

You shut up! You are the biggest fool I've ever come across online. The program is called "subsidy reinvestment program", and it derives its funding directly from the extra monies realised from the "partial" removal of "petroleum subsidy".

It isn't a ministry, or an agency whose budget has to be appropriated by NASS. So all that talk shifted blame to the national assembly is just a smokescreen to decieve some guillible nigerians like yourself

When your Boss fritted away over a trillion naira in d name of subsidy did he seek appropriation from the NASS before making those "payments"? Was there any suplementary budget to that respect? Was the initial budgetary allocation not about 250billion naira??

You should be shamed of yourself.
FOOOL. I always laugh when many of u EMPTY HEADS make Assertions in public, and what is worst, with some Swag. But your own mistake here is that you quoted me while insisting on yr right to be fooolish..... So cos SURE-P is supposed to be funded by parts of d 97-65 differential, d NA Assembly wud not make Appropiations for it, right. Gran OLODO!! You certainly do not know, at yr age and afta leaving d Univ, that NO MONEY can be used anywhere in Naija without d express approvals of d NA. You certainly do not know that SURE-P, just like other Invention Funds like UBEC and TETFUND, hv Separate Sub-heads in a proposed budget and MUST be SEPARATELY approved by d NA b4 d various MDAs can begin to access it . You don't know such very simple stuffs about d budgetary process, and you decide to quote me? You no dey fear?? OLODO gan

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by mankand(m): 9:57am On Sep 20, 2013
grin grin grin

But Hahahaha chain, Nigeria is truly the den of thieves.

I laughed and almost cracked my rib, chinu achebe fela gani fawehinmi, rest in peace to all of you.

Wow there was a country indeed, zombie country in deed, Nigeria is truly a mumu Kingdom. How on earth can these thieves think they can keep deceiving us, we'll I am not falling for such scam again. Out of millions of youths and graduates jobless they only allocate 10k to 3000 youths that are connected to them. It will never will well with all of them.

Time out
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by taharqa: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2013
Delafruita:
SURE-P was not intended to be a government agency requiring appropiation.the purpose was for the amount saved from the reduction of subsidy payable by giovernment to be diverted to a committee to re-invest.so there shouldnt be much story as regards the funds available to them.there is already a fixed mechanism for calculating what goes to them.they are not supposed to present a budget to be deliberated upon,they are supposed to streamline their programs based on the funds given to them.there should be no issue of paucity of funds at all.the national assembly doesnt owe any funds to SURE-P
My God! Don't know why I didnt see dis b4. You IGNORAMUSES shld plz do us a favour and SHUT yr mouths up. You guys shld pick up d budget for God's sake. It is freely available online... Gosh!!
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by taharqa: 10:03am On Sep 20, 2013
HNosegbe:

What "short run" are you talking about?

How long does it take to repeal an act of parliament?

Has the Federal Government even forwarded the relevant bills to the National Assembly to repeal those redundant agencies in the first place?

And what about the retinue of aides and special assistants and advisers and special advisers and senior special assistants and advisers? Are those ones set up by law as well?

Does the president need to repeal any act of parliament before selling off his presidential fleet of jets, which have become a drainpipe on this country's resources?

Stop defending the indefensible please.
I had to look at d Moniker again to mk certain I was talking to smone I bliv to be smart, even when we disagree. Same Moniker... Ply, re-read that comment again, and explain to me what in particular you hv against it. NO SENTIMENTS plz; don't hv time for that. Thnks
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by karlmax2: 10:07am On Sep 20, 2013
taharqa: FOOOL. I always laugh when many of u EMPTY HEADS make Assertions in public, and what is worst, with some Swag. But your own mistake here is that you quoted me while insisting on yr right to be fooolish..... So cos SURE-P is supposed to be funded by parts of d 97-65 differential, d NA Assembly wud not make Appropiations for it, right. Gran OLODO!! You certainly do not know, at yr age and afta leaving d Univ, that NO MONEY can be used anywhere in Naija without d express approvals of d NA. You certainly do not know that SURE-P, just like other Invention Funds like UBEC and TETFUND, hv Separate Sub-heads in a proposed budget and MUST be SEPARATELY approved by d NA b4 d various MDAs can begin to access it . You don't know such very simple stuffs about d budgetary process, and you decide to quote me? You no dey fear?? OLODO gan
i dont know why u are engaging dem just allow dem to wallow away in their ignorance.
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 20, 2013
taharqa: Sm of u DONKEYS just go ahead and spit IGNORANTIC nonsense, achieved with plenty words. Did you read d Article to see that it was d NA that refused to approve d full monies demanded by SURE-P?? Olodo

I hope you feel better after your comment?

Except for Nairaland... I rest my case.

I would have called you a product of a licking condom, a fool, a vulture, a cow, a bastard, a curse to your family, a delusional quagmire, a tout and a goat. But I just don't wanna get banned else, I'll just keep my cool.

I don't know if you are trying to be more patriotic to Nigeria or a GEJ as$ licker.

Which ever you are, shame on you.
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by IYANGBALI: 10:17am On Sep 20, 2013
lertee: Sure P has to be broke,it was a failed project even before it started.
The little that was pumped into it was embezzled so who is to be blamed. Iranu
are you a yoruba girl?ayam looking for an intelligent and polished yoruba girl to marry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North-east Groups Write Oshiomhole, Endorse Goje As Senate President / Shehu Sani Speaks On What Nigeria Has Become In 59 Years / NCFront: We Are Working To Dislodge APC & PDP In 2023 — Third Force Coalition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.