Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC (8048 Views)

See The Kind Road Constructed By NDDC / video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo / 44 Projects Approved For Niger Delta Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2013
Despite the fact that the Niger Delta region is the source of wealth for Nigeria, the region has been left to suffer in poverty, meanwhile our resources are used to develop other region!
But since the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan came to power, he has greatly empowered the NDDC to provide the necessary amenities for the Niger Deltans.
The NDDC has strived greatly to make sure that the Niger Delta region is at par with other regions. Their presence is felt in every Niger delta state! They have made great improvement in every sector in Niger delta - from Education, health, poverty alleviation and others!
Join me as I take you on a ride to show you the works of the NDDC.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by asha80(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2013
homesteady: Despite the fact that the Niger Delta region is the source of wealth for Nigeria, the region has been left to suffer in poverty, meanwhile our resources are used to develop other region!
But since the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan came to power, he has greatly empowered the NDDC to provide the necessary amenities for the Niger Deltans.
The NDDC has strived greatly to make sure that the Niger Delta region is at par with other regions. Their presence is felt in every Niger delta state! They have made great improvement in every sector in Niger delta - from Education, health, poverty alleviation and others!
Join me as I take you on a ride to show you the works of the NDDC.
are you going to show pics?
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2013
EDUCATION SECTOR
The NDDC has made it a point of duty to provide more accommodation for students in the higher institutions. They have built hostels in all Niger Delta state Universities.
Here are some of the hostels -

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2013
More - cheesy

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 10:14am On Sep 20, 2013
NDDC DISTRIBUTES COMPUTERS,
MOSQUITO NETS TO SCHOOLS AND
COMMUNITIES IN N/DELTA.
The NDDC has begun the distribution of
computer sets and treated mosquito nets to
schools and communities across the Niger Delta
region.
Under the arrangement, 200 computer sets have
already been donated to all the polytechnics in
the Niger Delta Region while another set of 120
computers and accessories have been
distributed to several colleges of education in
the Niger Delta region.
Acting Managing Director/CEO, Dr. Atako
disclosed this while handing over computer sets
and accessories as well as mosquito treated nets
to beneficiary secondary Schools and
communities respectively in Odukpani Local
Government Area of Cross River state.
“We decided that we will send computer sets to
selected secondary schools in the Niger Delta
Region, we felt that we don’t need to limit
ourselves to tertiary institutions because of the
importance at the grass root level”
“Science and technology drives the economy of
any nation because the world is a global village.
We cannot do that if we don’t have the facilities,
knowledge and the technical know how.”
According to her, it was for this reason that the
NDDC is collaborating with other agencies to
ensure that teaching and learning is achieved in
schools across the region.

Source - www.nddc.gov.ng/news_id4u.html
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 10:18am On Sep 20, 2013
POLYTECHNICS, COLLEGES OF
EDUCATION, OTHERS IN N/DELTA
RECEIVE COMPUTER SETS FROM
NDDC
The Acting Managing Director and Chief
Executive Officer of the Niger Delta
Development Commission, NDDC, Dr Christy
Atako said the commission has donated over 200
computer sets and 120 computer accessories to
each of the polytechnics and colleges of
education in the Niger Delta region
respectively, besides the 19 prototype students
hostel blocks being constructed by the NDDC
across the region.
Dr Atako said this, when she paid a courtesy call
to the Vice Chancellor of the Micheal Okpara
University of Agriculture Umudike, Umahia,
Professor Hillary Odo,.
“We have always believed that education is the
bedrock of any development, there is no
economy that can develop without the education
sector that is why the Commission has been
relentless in its intervention”.
According to the Acting MD “we talk a lot about
our youths being leaders of tomorrow, what kind
of leaders can we groom if we don’t provide a
place for them to articulate their thoughts and
enjoy the benefit of democracy so that they will
believe in this country Nigeria”
Dr Mrs Atako expressed dissatisfaction over the
quality of job done on the students’ hostel
project being constructed in the university and
directed the contractor to correct the defects
immediately.
“I insist that our contractors must adhere
strictly to standards because for us in NDDC
there is no compromise on quality.”
Dr Atako said the commission was ready to pay
contractors promptly, but warned that they must
be ready to show value for every payment made.
Earlier the Vice Chancellor of the University
Professor Hillary Odo thanked the NDDC for its
intervention in the education sector urging
other agencies of government and organizations
to emulate the commission.
The NDDC Chief Executive Officer also
inspected the completed Nworie, Solar
electrification project and the internal road
network in Ukwa/West, Abia state and
commended the contractors for a job well done.

Source - www.nddc.gov.ng/news_id4o.html
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 20, 2013
@Op..,well done. I thought of creating similar topic based on what I've seen on the NDDC TV programmes. There is HARVEST of projects in those communities. I'm particularly impressed with the workaholic new acting managing director of NDDC (a lady). She seems to have hit the ground running and has not allowed the contractors any breathing space. The immediate past managing director also did well. I'll be following this thread.

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 10:24am On Sep 20, 2013
NDDC BUILDS APARTMENT
COMPLEX FOR NYSC IN OTUOKE
Members of the National Youth Service Corps
(NYSC) undertaking their primary assignment in
Otuoke, Ogbia Local Government Area of
Bayelsa State, now have a modern living
quarters built for them by the Niger Delta
Development Commission (NDDC). The 44-
chalet complex, which would house at least 88
corps members, has been completed and was
fully fitted with air-conditioners, water heaters
and other conveniences.
Taking the NDDC Acting Managing Director,
Dr. Christy Atako, round the new corps members
lodge, the Director Bayelsa State office of the
commission, Dr. Princewill Ekanem said that the
facility was customized to meet the needs of
young men and women serving their country for
one year. He said that the complex, in addition
to the chalets, has one large conference room
and an Information Communication Center (ICT).
Dr. Atako expressed satisfaction with the quality
of work done in the building and gave kudos to
the contractor for working within the scheduled
time for the completion of the project. She said
that the NDDC was in the process of identifying
completed projects that would be commissioned
in the coming weeks to erase the wrong
impression that it was not doing enough to
develop the Niger Delta.
A representative of the NYSC members, who
would be the direct beneficiaries of the first
class accommodation, Mr. Michael Abisha,
commended the NDDC for the project, which he
said would go a long way in helping them to
serve to the best of their ability. He, however,
appealed to the NDDC to add sports facilities to
the complex to further enhance its value.
The NDDC boss also inspected the 16-kilometer
internal roads network being constructed by the
commission at the Federal University, Ouoke.
According to Engr. Onduku Abraham of the
NDDC Project Monitoring Service, the roads
traverse the new layout of the campus and would
provide access for students and staff of the new
Federal University. He noted that the roads were
being built on swampy terrain and were
expected to be completed in 72 weeks.
The project engineer, Boma Israel Amakuru
assured the Ag. Managing Director that the
internal roads would be completed on schedule
and according to specifications. “We don’t have
any problems with the surrounding communities
and the NDDC has so far funded us adequately,”
he said.
The NDDC Chief Executive Officer, had earlier
addressed staff of the Bayelsa State office at
their temporary accommodation in Yenagoa. She
charged them to see themselves as agents of
change in the Niger Delta. “Together, we are
going to work towards creating a new and
improved image for the NDDC,” she said.

Source - www.nddc.gov.ng/news_id4i.html
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 10:34am On Sep 20, 2013
More pics

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 10:41am On Sep 20, 2013
ROADS
The NDDC have constructed many roads and bridges in all Niger Delta states! Here are pictures of some of the roads

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 10:46am On Sep 20, 2013
More

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 10:55am On Sep 20, 2013
More pictures

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 11:02am On Sep 20, 2013
More

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Demdem(m): 11:20am On Sep 20, 2013
I will comment on what I know with all sense of responsibility.
After the NNPC, the next most corrupt govt agency is the NDDC. Most NDDC contracts executed are sub-standard especially the roads. Here in PH, most NDDC roads hardly last one year. This is expected considering the fact that their contracts most times given away to the highest bidders. Officials sells off these contracts and buyers in turn rewards these officials therby giving room for shody jobs. It's even disheartening that this is done in the open for all to see.
That NDDC contracts are for sale isn't in doubt. Even right here on NL, we see NDDC contracts for sale. A particular moniker called pcnwandi is notoriously known to be involved and urs truly has several times confronted him on this but that to him isn't out of place. That is simply the way they operate.
Kindly Google NDDC contracts for sale on nairaland to substantiate my claims.

9 Likes

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 11:22am On Sep 20, 2013
Developments in otuoke, bayelsa state

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2013
FRUSTRATE OUR PROJECTS, RISK
BEING BLACKLISTED …..NDDC BOSS
TO BANKS
The Acting Managing Director NDDC, Dr.
Christy Atako has warned that the Banks
Partnering the Commission faced the risk of
being blacklisted if they frustrate the efforts of
contractors at speedy projects delivery.
Dr. Atako who handed down the warning at a
meeting with Representatives of the Banks said
it was wrong for some of the Banks to set up
different conditions for the contractors outside
the guidelines by the Commission for Advanced
Payment Guaranty (APG) disbursement.
She explained that once advanced payment is
received a minimum of 20% of APG value shall
be disbursed within three (3) days after request
from contractors, while subsequent
disbursement shall be made in accordance with
the work plan agreed upon by the Commissions
Contractors and Consultants.
Dr. Atako said it was also wrong for Banks to
disburse funds without the confirmation of
milestones achieved adding “NDDC shall set up
an internal mechanism to investigate any bank
found wanting and if possible blacklist it”.
The Acting Managing Director described the
banking sector as a critical partner in the
realization of the Commission’s mandate, adding
“we have always considered you as very useful
partners, you are a very important stakeholders
group we have in NDDC, because we believe
that you can help us achieve the mandate of the
Commission”.
She therefore enjoined them to keep the
partnership alive by contributing their quota to
the realization of the Commissions mandate, and
the overall development of the Niger Delta
Region.
“It is very sad that even people we hold in very
high esteem, people that we trust and believe in
will occasionally let us down, we have observed
that the banks have played very significant role
in the failure of some our projects by not
releasing money promptly to our contractors.
This must end”

Source - www.nddc.gov.ng/news_id4s.html
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by IGBOSON1: 11:30am On Sep 20, 2013
I think things like school blocks, rural roads and provision of boreholes; such things should have been left to the oil producing states and their 13% derivation! The NDDC should have focused its budget on massive world class projects like an inter-state rail system, seaports, 5-star tourist centres and Hospitals!

3 Likes

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by homesteady(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2013
More to be posted latter wink
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Effwazobia: 11:53am On Sep 20, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I think things like school blocks, rural roads and provision of boreholes; such things should have been left to the oil producing states and their 13% derivation! The NDDC should have focused its budget on massive world class projects like an inter-state rail system, seaports, 5-star tourist centres and Hospitals!

Thank you so much my brother. Don't mind them jare, let them keep on jumping up celebrating mediocrity, while these so called NDDC officials are laughing all the way to the bank.

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Demdem(m): 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
Effwazobia:

Thank you so much my brother. Don't mind them jare, let them keep on jumping up celebrating mediocrity, while these so called NDDC officials are laughing all the way to the bank.

Believe u me, these folks are doing such big time.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by tsomething: 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
IGBO-SON:

With how much? Have you asked how much is the annual budget for NDDC? Do you think that amount is enough to even build one-tenth of what you proposed in the 9 Niger Delta states .

People criticising NDDC should first go and find out the mission statement of NDDC and then carefully think if they are fulfilling that mandate and not just wish for gold plated roads .

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Demdem(m): 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
To those who desire NDDC contracts to purchase and have a profit margin that can never be gotten elsewhere, kindly go to the below and choose from the numerous available grin grin

https://www.google.com.ng/?gws_rd=cr&ei=yDA8UsL4O-PS0QWshYDwCw#q=nddc+projects+for+sale+nairaland
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by cashkid18(m): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
the nddc is a big fraud..wit all d billions of naira given to them they can nt boast of any world class projects.d roads ar evn substandard ones

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by bloggernaija: 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
That ministry should be scraped
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
IGBO-SON:
The NDDC was designed as an interventionist agency for OIL BEARING communities. It was not meant to satisfy the infrastructural or social needs of urban cities. The likes of Akpabio are already doing enough of that.

If Akpabio cannot build railway project in his state with over N400billion, is it NDDC with budget of about N200billion for all the oil producing states that'll be able to embark on such project? I think our criticisms should be fair and based on REALISTIC expectations.

2 Likes

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
homesteady: More to be posted latter wink
Pls continue posting the pictures. NDDC before now was a cesspit for corruption and hampered by crisis upon crisis. But all that has changed. This is now a commission that is delivering projects upon projects for the long suffering rural communities in Niger Delta. These are people that lacked good roads, portable water supply, primary health facilities, basic schools, etc before now. I say kudos to president for bringing sanity into the NDDC and the new management of NNDC.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by BlackPeni5: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
RUBBISH...it really annoys me when I hear all this Bla bla bla about government neglecting the Niger Delta. This region gets the highest allocation in the country and if they cannot hold their state and local governments to account, then they deserve what they get.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
Most of the pictures are taken from different angles.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
Demdem: I will comment on what I know with all sense of responsibility.
After the NNPC, the next most corrupt govt agency is the NDDC. Most NDDC contracts executed are sub-standard especially the roads. Here in PH, most NDDC roads hardly last one year. This is expected considering the fact that their contracts most times given away to the highest bidders. Officials sells off these contracts and buyers in turn rewards these officials therby giving room for shody jobs. It's even disheartening that this is done in the open for all to see.
That NDDC contracts are for sale isn't in doubt. Even right here on NL, we see NDDC contracts for sale. A particular moniker called pcnwandi is notoriously known to be involved and urs truly has several times confronted him on this but that to him isn't out of place. That is simply the way they operate.

God bless you for saying the raw truth.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by RedCard1(m): 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2013
you have said it all. Very shoddy works. But come oh, some places in PH hardly gets light, have you been to Mile 3 market lately to see how embarassing the market is? I think the shoddy development is even scanty.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by RedCard1(m): 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by slimfit1(m): 2:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
All these things you see are built with just a fraction of the allocation don't be deceived. The rest of the money has been shared around.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Para-military Board Suspends 14 Prisons Officers Over Jail Break / To Avoid Scandal, House Moves To Pass Budget openly / The Kind Of Leadership Nigerians Desire (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.