Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,053 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

"Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC (2190 Views)

2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike / All Progressive Congress (APC) Launches Radio Station / Nigerian Military Unleashes Full Weaponry Against Boko Haram (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
** Kayode Fayemi Uses Nigeria Police To Stop Bamidele Opeyemi's Gubernatorial Campaign Take off In Ekiti State

Nigerian policemen in Ado-Ekiti, capital of Ekiti State, South West on Thursday disrupted a rally by a member of the House of Representatives, Mr. Bamidele Opeyemi, meant to declare his interest in the governorship race in the state.

Mr. Bamidele, who belongs to the same party as the state governor, Mr. Kayode Fayemi, arrived the state capital with his entourage at 12.30pm, but were prevented from carrying out what they came for as riot policemen, who had earlier taken over the entire Ado-Ekiti, fired tear gas canisters to disperse the crowd who had come to witness the event.

Meanwhile, in order to ensure that the event did not take place, members of the Road Transport Employees Association of Nigeria (RTEAN) and National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) had early in the morning barricaded the road from Ajebandele in Ajilosun area up to Okeyinmi junction.
When Mr. Bamidele and his entourage got to Oke Isha area of the town, they were attacked by the riot policemen who fired tear gas canisters directly at the convoy, thereby forcing the entourage to divert to Dalemore via the Stadium.

Bamidele's initial address to his supporters billed for Rose Bud Primary School field was thwarted by the police and was later moved to his campaign office in Basire Area of Ado-Ekiti, where the police also stopped from happening.

The policemen at Bibire Coalition office at Basiri-Iyin road, shot sporadically into the air in order to disperse the people who had gathered to catch a glimpse of Mr. Bamidele and his entourage. The policemen's action led to many of the residents sustaining injuries and subsequently rushed to nearby hospitals for treatment.

Members of the two unions - RTEAN and NURTW - had as early as 7am barricaded the Ado-Ekiti-Akure road as well as other roads linking the state capital ostensibly to prevent Mr. Bamidele's supporters from other local governments within the state from having access to Ado-Ekiti.

Members of the two unions were brandishing dangerous weapons such as guns and machetes to scare away passersby. Schoolchildren, traders and other road users were harassed by the hoodlums.

Reacting to the action of the policemen, the state command's Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr Victor Babayemi, said the rally was disrupted because it was not "yet time for political rally".

He said Mr. Bamidele and his men had violated section 99 of the Electoral Act 2011 as amended, adding that what they embarked upon was a political campaign and not a rally.

Mr. Babayemi said that before any campaign could be embarked upon, it has to be 90 days before election, which he said Bamidele had violated.

On the transport workers action, he said the police took a proactive action to prevent hoodlums from causing a breakdown of law and order in the state.

According to him, "Road transport workers had earlier in the morning staged a violent rally on the premise that government did not give them bus, we only wanted to prevent hoodlums from hijacking it."

Since declaring his intention to run for governor, Mr. Opeyemi has been serially attacked persons suspected to be loyal to the governor of the state, Mr. Fayemi. The attacks had led to criticisms against the governor who was a former pro-democracy activist during the military era.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria-police-stop-bamidele-opeyemis-gubernatorial-campaign-take-ekiti-state
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
United we Stand! Divided they Fall...
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Afam4eva(m): 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
The APC were too busy merging on the national level that they forgot to carry those at the states and local government levels along.
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
Afam4eva: The APC were too busy merging on the national level that they forgot to carry those at the states and local government levels along.
Before 2015, APC will be up in flames because of individual ambitions

1 Like

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Peinstein: 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hope this guys resolve their political differences. Ekiti state is just picking up developmentally, the last thing she needs is violence.
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Longeria(m): 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
Let it be unto them whatever they wish others.
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Like PDP already engulf in flame?
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Bensonite: 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
Where are the long epistle writers who claim APC are progressives and sophisticated. I thought these things only happen in PDP controlled states.
APC=PDP any time. Nigerian politicians are the same irrespective of the party affiliations.

1 Like

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by kingbang: 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
No need to worry guys. Its just a "progressive" mayhem! grin grin grin
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Kairoseki77: 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
Sincere9gerian...you know you don't wan't me to comment on this issue and embarass you. So I will just post this video of PDP vs NewPDP having a gang fight in the Abuja House Assembly. Hmm, this was only two days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7O5z6GJSIo&feature=player_embedded

Face your front and stop embarrassing yourself.

1 Like

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by omenka(m): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
Look who's now quoting saharareporters, "Tinubu's propaganda media".
"The media from whence only LIES emanate".
You are absolutely shameless.

@post. If this news is anything to go by, I suggest Fayemi soft pedals a little. APC isn't a party of riff raffs and gangsters like the killer party.

6 Likes

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Kairoseki77: 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
omenka: Look who's now quoting saharareporters, "Tinubu's propaganda media".

@post. If this news is anything to go by, I suggest Fayemi soft pedals a little. APC isn't a party of riff raffs and gangsters like the killer party.

If Sahara Reporters posts something against his oga tomorrow, he will be the first one calling it lies and whining that Sahara Reporters cannot be trusted.

Shameful man.

4 Likes

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by amarilo: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
All these PDP apologists if Sw no dey good for u people move back to your village. We are progressives simples!

1 Like

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by kingbang: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
amarilo: All these PDP apologists if Sw no dey good for u people move back to your village. We are progressives simples!

And what has these got to do with Fayemi unleashing terror on Bamidele?

1 Like

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by amarilo: 4:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
kingbang:

And what has these got to do with Fayemi unleashing terror on Bamidele?
Go back to your village if you don't like our progressive mayhem.

1 Like

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by 1wolex85: 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Mr sincere9gerian, you have identified saharareporters as your source and from what you are saying, you completely believe them. I SINCERELY hope when they come out with a story unfavourable the the GEJ administration you wont come here and call them liars.
BTW, will an org that belongs to tinubu release this kind of report? you and your ilk are fond of labelling saharareporters as the mouth piece of the opposition.

@topic, i wonder why fayemi is behaving like this, if he should continue like this, he'll lose big time!
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by 1wolex85: 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
omenka: Look who's now quoting saharareporters, "Tinubu's propaganda media".

seriously, i cant believe this guy! can you imagine him quoting SR? when its for gej/pdp, SR must be right and when its against gej/pdp, they must be wrong. the other day, SR released a report that asiwaju's certificate is fake, we didnt see him saying SR is rubbish. I'm not partisan but this is the height of shamelessness and his very own 'foul smelling hypocrisy'!

6 Likes

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by enm(m): 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77: Sincere9gerian...you know you don't wan't me to comment on this issue and embarass you. So I will just post this video of PDP vs NewPDP having a gang fight in the Abuja House Assembly. Hmm, this was only two days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7O5z6GJSIo&feature=player_embedded

Face your front and stop embarrassing yourself.

Guy, you Bleep up no be small. because both of you are of different side doesn't mean you should close your eyes and play dumb when you see something going wrong.

Now on this thread we are talking about APC in ekiti and the roforofo act being play out in ekiti. It is expected of you to proffer ways to stop and prevent such act instead of dragging PDP into it .

This thread is for APC not PDP
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by kingbang: 4:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
amarilo: Go back to your village if you don't like our progressive mayhem.

Is that why Fayemi is progressively terrorizing Bamidele? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Kairoseki77: 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
enm:

Guy, you Bleep up no be small. because both of you are of different side doesn't mean you should close your eyes and play dumb when you see something going wrong.

Now on this thread we are talking about APC in ekiti and the roforofo act being play out in ekiti. It is expected of you to proffer ways to stop and prevent such act instead of dragging PDP into it .

This thread is for APC not PDP

You are right.

But when the story is posted by Sincere9gerian the hypocrisy just makes you mad. smiley
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by amarilo: 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
kingbang:

Is that why Fayemi is progressively terrorizing Bamidele? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Look dude we are progressive, go back to your village. In SW we can kill ourselves, it's not ur biz and that makes us progressives.

3 Likes

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
The report I posted has nothing to do with PDP or Mr President. Also it has nothing to do with SR and its CHRONIC opposition to GEJ. SR is unrepentantly anti-GEJ. That is a FACT. I know it, even Tinubu dogs know it.
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by cashkid18(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
amarilo: All these PDP apologists if Sw no dey good for u people move back to your village. We are progressives simples!
i can see d progressiveness manifesto in ekiti grin grin grin
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by 1wolex85: 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The report I posted has nothing to do with PDP or Mr President. Also it has nothing to do with SR and its CHRONIC opposition to GEJ. SR is unrepentantly anti-GEJ. That is a FACT. I know it, even Tinubu dogs know it.
This is not about what you posted, its about you being the biggest hypocrite ever! You have called SR liars several times, its not abt them being anti gej, its abt u always calling them liars, how come u didnt even think for a minute that SR may be lying again? Guy, you are a hypocrite, dont try using semantics. When youare shown up, take it on the chin like a man, hold ur hands up and move on. Your response is just so weak!

2 Likes

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
1wolex85:
This is not about what you posted, its about you being the biggest hypocrite ever! You have called SR liars several times, its not abt them being anti gej, its abt u always calling them liars, how come u didnt even think for a minute that SR may be lying again? Guy, you are a hypocrite, dont try using semantics. When youare shown up, take it on the chin like a man, hold ur hands up and move on. Your response is just so weak!
Mumu! The report of the mayhem that happened in Ekiti is all over the place. I've also watched it on Channelstv news report. I saw the gathering of the Bamidele supporters and how they were dispersed by police with tear gas. Yes, 90% of the reports on SR are either lies or gossips but the show of shame or progressive war that took place in Ekiti is real. Address the issue and stop chasing shadows or derailing the thread

6 Likes

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by 1wolex85: 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Mumu! The report of the mayhem that happened in Ekiti is all over the place. I've also watched it on Channelstv news report. I saw the gathering of the Bamidele supporters and how they were dispersed by police with tear gas. Yes, 90% of the reports on SR are either lies or gossips but the show of shame or progressive war that took place in Ekiti is real. Address the issue and stop chasing shadows or derailing the thread
I can derail the thread all I want, if u dont like it , u can french crocodile! The fact of the matter is that you are a big hypocrite.
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by meccuno: 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
progressives sometimes people misuse the word to the extent that i dont know what it means..... grin

1 Like

Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by brunnet: 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
As in the case of Amaechi, Police
had once again given reasons for
distrupting Bamidele's political
rally/ campaign. My thinking is
this, if Governor Fayemi can be
fingered out to be the one behind
Bamidele's unfortunate aborted
rally, it is safe to conclude that
President GEJ is responsible for
Amaechi travail.
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Kairoseki77: 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
1wolex85:

Just ignore that mumu.

He is obsessed with Jonathan. I think he grew up with a single mother and fantasizes that Jona is his father. Leave that man.

His hypocrisy is obvious.
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by talktimi(m): 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
Gej is responsible for Bamidele's political travails & police harassment. Since Gej controls the police, that means he sent them to harass the poor man.
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
talktimi: Gej is responsible for Bamidele's political travails & police harassment. Since Gej controls the police, that means he sent them to harass the poor man.

I think i know what you are talking about!
The police man that killed a driver the other day because of N50.00 was sent by Jonathan!
Hope I am correct?
Re: "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
It was crazy...deadly but God helped the drivers' union for going off the streets on time! Ordinary people were beginning to organise to face them...I was in the thick of it! Not again will it be smooth for anyone to "thug" his way to the EKGH....Fayemi and his cohorts be warned!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Borrows 87 Billion To Buy Lekki Toll Road Plus / Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? / How Women are Punished For Dishonesty in Nigeria (viewer Discretion Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.