Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Judge Not! What Does This Means. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judge Not! What Does This Means. (691 Views)

Biblical Exposition On The Falsehood Of "judge Not" / Judge Not / Should Christians Judge Other Denominations While God Says Judge Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge Not! What Does This Means. by MrCritique: 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
"Judge not, that ye may not be judged. for with what judgement ye judge ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again". (Matthew 7 vs 1,2).

Many a times I have heard people quote this verse particularly when talking about giving opinions about someone or something. In fact it becomes randomly and erroneously quoted when it involves someone who occupy a position of spiritual leadership. An example was when the COZA pastor sex scandal came to the fore, and in one of my usual evening gathering with some friends the issues some how became a subject for debate. Before long, some of my friends were quoting this verse and the "touch mine anointed" verse. I became shocked and wanted to know what this verse really meant. Because if we can criticize GEJ and other leaders without quoting Matt 7, why then should we arm our selves with Matthew 7 and sit back and watch corruption creep into the church and government? Pls this is a serious issue cos am about to write an online article about issues likes these. see you in the comments.
Re: Judge Not! What Does This Means. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
Judge not means don't judge.
Re: Judge Not! What Does This Means. by haibe(m): 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Judge Not! What Does This Means. by MrCritique: 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
haibe: https://www.nairaland.com/1066798/judging-vs-rebuking

The thread above may help you

Well thanks for that refernce , but the question still remains. Is matt7 asking us to refrain from judging people or is it asking us to be guiltless first before judging?
Re: Judge Not! What Does This Means. by haibe(m): 7:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
Mr Critique:

Well thanks for that refernce , but the question still remains. Is matt7 asking us to refrain from judging people or is it asking us to be guiltless first before judging?

I think the passage is saying do not judge at all, judging is usually an opinion on conclusion or condemnation based on evidence, but may not be real fact, so i think Jesus doesn't want us to just jump into conclusion because we 'assume' someone is not good, but do not mix judging and rebuking, if the bible says something about a sinner for example, there is nothing wrong in correcting the person based on what the bible says.

So don't judge, don't form an opinion of condemnation when you aren't sure.
Re: Judge Not! What Does This Means. by beejaay: 12:27am On Sep 21, 2013
Mr Critique:

because judging means complaining. And complaining will give birth to resentment which will inturn birth grieviances and grieviance is a recipe for violenceand violence is what bring destruction. Many wars were fought because ofgrieviances which result in lost of lives, when we look behind any grieviance we will find complains and complains is from judging. There is nothing bad in pointing what is wrong provided its fact but when we. Complain about it then we are judging. The funniest tin is that judging arises from when we wanna. Feel superior to the person we are judging for example when someone disrespect us, u will notice a line like"how dare u, I am not yourmate" when we could av stated d fact like " you know. My friend,respect itsreciprocal orastatement like hw will ufeel if that young boy disrespect u too"
Re: Judge Not! What Does This Means. by MrCritique: 4:17am On Sep 21, 2013
@haib and beejay in that what does it means to judge judge? If I see evil and pass by cos I don't want to judge isn't that another sin? I want to know.
Re: Judge Not! What Does This Means. by beejaay: 10:40am On Sep 21, 2013
Mr Critique: @haib and beejay in that what does it means to judge judge? If I see evl and pass by cos I don't want to judge isn't that another sin? I want to know.
Not judging doesn't mean u shdnt be against evil,it simply mean u shdnt feel offended while stating the fact(I knw it takes mastery to speak the truth against evil without feeling offended or resentment but the truth is we must work towards this mastery). Jesus is one hell of a master for him to av used words so simple yet so hard to grasp, one has to move beyound the mind to understand this things, just like eistein said "no problem can be solved with the same level of the mind that created it" ( that is the meaning of carnal mind cannot understand the way of God, but this is not a superhuman accomplishment).
Re: Judge Not! What Does This Means. by MrCritique: 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
How can you be against sin without being judgmental? Again how can we speak again evil in the church without being judgmental like Christ did in the temple during his days?
Re: Judge Not! What Does This Means. by beejaay: 2:17am On Sep 22, 2013
Mr Critique: How can you be against sin without being judgmental? Again how can we speak again evil in the church without being judgmental like Christ did in the temple during his days?
By simply removing emotions out of your fact stating.negative thought or emotions are unconsiousness and therefore called sin.when u knw someone has done wrong simply point out the fact without identifying with I.e without making it into your identity,this is very hard at start no doubt but u can begin by watching the thought that parvade ur mind when u want to point wats wrong,when u do this u are simply shinning the light of ur consiousness on the unconsiousness of ur mind.once u are able to do this then u are not judging by simply helping a soul out of its unconsiousness.bros am not good with writing,explaining it is kinda hard for me but I will recommend a book if u av th spare time to read, the book title is A NEW EARTH (Awakening to you life purpose) by ECHART TOLLE, u can get the pdf download on 4shared..comm
Re: Judge Not! What Does This Means. by MrCritique: 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2013
I would make efforts to get the book. By the way I don't think its wrong to get angry according to the bible. One can actually get angry and not sin. I think according to an explaining I got from a tgeologian ,Christ was just using judging fellow men as a case study for ‘action and consequence'. Judging someone while your guilty of the same crime will only attract a similar consequence. Cos in verse 2 he state the meaning of verse 1. So jugdging from a clear consceince is permitted only if correction is the intention. If you back up matt7 with luke 6:37 u might actually get the picture. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Delivered In Synagoge / Why / Those against prosperity gospel, what's your take on this

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.