Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,027 members, 7,835,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna (19597 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi Observing The 3Day Fasting Declared In Enugu (pics) / Governor Yero Imposes 24 Hour Curfew In Kaduna / Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by MrExcel(m): 8:02am On Sep 21, 2013
[quote author=Hero10001]O Kafanchan City! my sweet Play-ground!!
Why na??
I served (NYSC) 2011/12 in Kagoro area of South Kaduna which is a few km from Kafanchan,.

I can confirm that the major problem there is caused by HAUSA-FULANI men cos
South Kaduna including Kafanchan is a full-Christian area.
However, I enjoyed my service year in there; (Lagos boy na)
"Dog meat" on mondays@ Mallagun. Bussa drink on Tuesdays@ Samaru. Burukutu and Palm-wine on wednesdays after CDS,@ Tum.
Pork meat on Thursdays@ Tunga.
Night-Clubbing on Fridays@ New-world hotels.

oboi! u realy know our area oh. d area tab but na dis idiots(Hausa muslims) turn us 2 Vampires. Gob bless southern KD! prouldly Bajju!!!!
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Femiolaleye: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2013
eluquenson: The Kaduna State Government has declared a 24-hour curfew in Kafanchan, Kaduna State, following bloody fighting between ethnic indigene groups in Southern Kaduna and settler elements of Hausa-Fulani dwelling in the area. In a telephone interview with our New York office, a security source told SaharaReporters that at least five persons were killed in the fighting.  
The bloody clash was also confirmed by an elderly Yoruba resident of Kafanchan, an otherwise quiescent town that used to be known as a railway hub. The man said the assaults flared up again yesterday, after armed soldiers had earlier quelled a skirmish last Sunday.
The security operative disclosed that indigenes of Southern Kaduna and Hausa-Fulani youths engaged in a free-for-all fight using machetes, spears and a few guns. Apart from the dead, many people also sustained varying degrees of injury. 

The source said, “I can confirm to you that attacks started yesterday between the indigenes and settlers. And several people were killed before [the] government declared 24 hours curfew today. As we speak, we are in the streets patrolling and all residents are now indoors.”
T
he security agent said yesterday’s attack appeared to be reprisals for the death of a young man who was killed last Sunday. 
SaharaReporters could not reach the Kaduna State Police Commissioner, Mr. Olufemi Adenaike. However, a police officer in Kaduna said the commissioner and military authorities in Kaduna had deployed troops to the trouble spots to strengthen security and contain any threats that might escalate attacks.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/breaking-news-24-hour-curfew-declared-southern-kaduna-scores-killed-indigenes-settlers-cla
God help my country
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by afrokid(m): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2013
zibi2: Goodluck Jonathan is Working his on top of the situation. grin

After they would have finished levelling the place, abi?
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 21, 2013
The only soulution is disintegration.
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by afrokid(m): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2013
booqee: i learnt recently dat indigenes of southern kaduna are actually not hausa, tho they can be able to speak the language, but they have their own language and culture different from d the hausas and majority of them are christians, and most of them bear english names as against native names. #just saying sha

So u no know? The same thing in Jos.
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by afrokid(m): 9:32am On Sep 21, 2013
Willybos: Hausa people ar causing problem an their calling the name of fulani people, fulani ar not looking 4 truble

I guess you're fulani
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by afrokid(m): 9:35am On Sep 21, 2013
maxi-t:

I'd rather we stay together, amend our problems so that peace can REIGN.
Instead of disintegrate for peace to RAIN as you have bluntly suggested.

For how long, its almost 100 yrs and we are still fighting. Disintegration may be it
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Dayo30(m): 10:10am On Sep 21, 2013
Good God let yr peace rain on our land. Kaf is a peaceful town
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Chimdim: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2013
northern wahala
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by johngreggk: 11:06am On Sep 21, 2013
Hero10001: O Kafanchan City! my sweet Play-ground!!
Why na??
I served (NYSC) 2011/12 in Kagoro area of South Kaduna which is a few km from Kafanchan,.

"Dog meat" on mondays@ Mallagun. Bussa drink on Tuesdays@ Samaru. Burukutu and Palm-wine on wednesdays after CDS,@ Tum.
Sundays?!! Winners Chapel@ Kagoro.

There are security men at every junction(ARMY n Police)
but there's always tension of FULANI-HAUSA men arriving anytime through the bushes.
We normally sleep with "one eye open" and always good to go in a 7/7 dressing(not like Lagos otondos)..
I always move around with My lagos fares cos e fit happen anytime.
I thank God i came back to Lag safely.
Dunno when to visit North again.
Anyways R.i.p to the dead..
Its good to know you once stayed in my home town and know how things are over here. Every one knows we are peace loving and accommodating, enough to give the Hausas' the portion they stay on. They are very few at the middle of the town and are the ones that always decide whether you sleep with your two eyes closed or not, as we're always on the defensive since 1987 when these all began. They stimulated the Lion nature of the Southern Kaduna man who was always known to have the nature of a lamb. My God give us peace.
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Caseless: 11:18am On Sep 21, 2013
dheaven: Nigeria should disintegrate for peace to rain
most senseless post of 2013. So nigeria shld break and dat wld solve d prblm btw hausa and kafanchan settlers? U slow die!
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Caseless: 11:26am On Sep 21, 2013
afrokid:

For how long, its almost 100 yrs and we are still fighting. Disintegration may be it
so wen nigeria breaks, hausa dat hav bn in kafanchan even b4 amalgamation wl now leave kaf and relocate 2 south 4 peace 2 reign ryt? I no jst knw how some of una carry de think for head. Sms!
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by zebra(m): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2013
Does the curfew include kagoro town? Use to love kagoro hills. Been there once for newyear festival. Joined up for a picnic at the kagoro waterboard area at the foot of the mountain. Enough palmwine there! May God take control of the situation.
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Hero10001: 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2013
johngreggk:
Its good to know you once stayed in my home town and know how things are over here. Every one knows we are peace loving and accommodating, enough to give the Hausas' the portion they stay on. They are very few at the middle of the town and are the ones that always decide whether you sleep with your two eyes closed or not, as we're always on the defensive since 1987 when these all began. They stimulated the Lion nature of the Southern Kaduna man who was always known to have the nature of a lamb. My God give us peace.
Yes you are right!
Your people are peace loving, accomodating and very hospitable.

They put me in a 'VIP' very comfortable 2 rooms apartment with a Tv, Dstv, Dvd, metal door, beautiful tiles etc, all bills were paid by the community.
We were overfed with Tuwo-masara/ Okro soup, local beans(mada), Yam, Poté, kunnu tuntua and "fresh Vegetables'',. All for FREE!! Lol!!!
I barely pay for transport to ANYWHERE around South KD up to Jos, Zaria, Abuja, Benue, etc whenever i'm in my "full 7/7 dressings"
It is not like that in my SW States where
Corp members are poorly treated.
If they offer you food, don't take it, else,...!!
Nobody send you message for here.
The major problems in there is caused by HAUSA-FULANI people.

O' l love life in South Kaduna..

The only regret i had in South KD was the investment palaver..
;-)

1 Like

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Hero10001: 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
zebra: Does the curfew include kagoro town? Use to love kagoro hills. Been there once for newyear festival. Joined up for a picnic at the kagoro waterboard area at the foot of the mountain. Enough palmwine there! May God take control of the situation.
Kagoro hills?!
I wouldn't forget the experience i had on touring on Kagoro hills..
About 30 of us went for tour on Kagoro hills without Foods, water and proper mapping and directions!!
The hills is accessible only by climbing and walking, the hill-top has a large area of about 60kmsq.
There were small number of people living on it about 20 adults and 40 children.
It was a very sweet and bitter experience.
It made me to really understood the plight of the Isrealite in the desert.
The guy that led us didnt have enough knowledge about the mountains, after meet the Haikimi and his Chiefs, we procceded to see the govt owned primary school on the hills.
In extasy he led us through a different route back to kagoro and we got lost! At first we started blaming each other and ended up fighting on the deserted-mountains!! OMG!
But it was fun, we later met some people that gave us directions back to Kagoro via water board coupled with plenty Palmwine soaked with Marijuana!!
O boy, come see staggering on top mountain!
We started the tour early at 8a.m, we came back to kagoro at 7.pm with non-stop walking and climbing.
Thank God for the Palmwine and the jungle boots.
Next time i'm back with an Helicopter.
:-)

1 Like

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by SwitnessA(m): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
Why na??

but there's always tension of FULANI-HAUSA men arriving anytime through the bushes.
We normally sleep with "one eye open" and always good to go in a 7/7 dressing(not like Lagos otondos)..
U no see ur lyf. Y u no include hw kagoro girls de cheap. grin
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by begwong: 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
Why na??

My kwastoma hw u dey;na me b dat pork meat seller. How eko? Pls greet uncle fash!
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Hero10001: 10:12pm On Sep 21, 2013
begwong: My kwastoma hw u dey;na me b dat pork meat seller. How eko? Pls greet uncle fash!
What a rush! EKO dey fine o..
Na uncle Fash dey run things, we don leave am for am.
Chaii, I have missed that Pork meat so much..
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Hero10001: 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
Switness .A.:
U no see ur lyf. Y u no include hw kagoro girls de cheap. grin
Haba Brother,
I no wan talk about this one o, but i go talk small.
I arrived Manchok with so much sadness cos of the NYSC deployment system..
I had spent all my life in Lagos, why Kaduna? This must be a punishment, I thought to myself..
The senior corp members threw a welcome party for about 30 of us.. We started chatting, i got to meet some of my Yoruba mates and they told me that i should be happy cos everything i need dey ground.. Food, house, girls, etc.
I thought it was a joke, my brother no be small thing o..
At first, the girl were not so attractive to me unlike Lagos fantasy n pakaged babes..
So, i stayed put for about three month!
We would travel to Gidanwaya to get some pretty girls for clubbing not knowing what i'm missing back in my kagoro town..
By the time i open eye finish, my brother, who no like beta thing? alubosa na sweet thing o..
Girls from Kagoro and its environs(Zonkwa, zango, samaru, Tum, mallagun, kadarko, fadanattarkar, manchok reach Plateau) girls are Cheap raw beauties with high Libido, always tieing wrapper, (no trousers) ever ready to do anything for you! Cook, wash, wipe, anything at all.
You don't even need to give em money, just make sure you've got a cartoon of Indomie noodles and 2 crates of eggs. Sometimes Dog meat/pig meat pepper-soup with Redwine. E don finish..
It got to a certain time i wanted to run away from these girls cos dem wan finish me. Na Baba Fulani tradomedical for Kafanchan saved me.
He gave me "kampe Powder" for N4k..
I learnt that dem no dey use power stand prick but na mind.
Come see strong thing?! I just dey fire dey gooo.
I'm going back there to marry hopefully.
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by m003: 12:37am On Sep 22, 2013
penzino: Ur report states southern kaduna like its d whole southern kaduna.... Stop creating unnecesary panick abeg!!!
bros ure on piont oo i'm in kaduna but never heard of any crisis
NOTE: i'm NOT saying the OP is wrong ooo
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Bennettjnr(m): 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
Liars,there was no fighting in kafanchan. Til this time that am writting this comment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The New Anti-Whatsapp Tablet For Men And Women / Dariye Down With ‘kidney Failure’ / 2023: Igbo Youths Reply El-rufai On The Abolition Of Zoning System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.