Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Nokia Android Prototype Reportedly Is Still Into Production - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Android Prototype Reportedly Is Still Into Production (991 Views)

Choosing Between Nokia android and windows Phones / Nokia’s Android Phone Coming Soon – Would It Be The Best Option? [see Pic] / Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Android Prototype Reportedly Is Still Into Production by buntercos(m): 9:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Last week the New York Times revealed that Nokia has indeed worked on an Android smartphone as an alternative to the Microsoft partnership prior to the acquisition announcement. As it turns out, the Finns haven't completely scraped the Android project and are still working on an Android smartphone.

The report comes from a Weibo account CTechnology, which has generally been a reputable source of leaks from China. we are mentioning China, because this where Nokia has based the R&D of its Android smartphoneр dubbed "Mountain View", more specifically in the Beijing offices of the company.

In fact, the project is so ahead in its development that Foxconn has made and delivered a cool 10,000 "Mountain View" prototype units to date. Moreover, there are still more development that's going around the prototype and Foxconn is continuing its manufacturing. According to the report, the project will continue to live on at least until November. Then, Nokia shareholders are bound to approve or denounce Microsoft's acquisition offer.

As for the "Mountain View" prototype itself, Nokia has based it on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 8225Q chip with the sole intention of the Android smartphone to be affordable. No more information regarding further specifications is available at this point. We wouldn't be surprised if we some of these prototypes leak when, and if, the project gets cancelled.

The Microsoft and Nokia deal, however, is likely to pass and the company's Android initiative is likely to go bite the dust by the end of the year. Here's hoping we at least get to see how the "Mountain View" prototype looks like if the project really does go south.

Re: Nokia Android Prototype Reportedly Is Still Into Production by monnex: 12:25am On Sep 21, 2013
I wish Nokia will adopt the Android platform. There products will sell heavily
Re: Nokia Android Prototype Reportedly Is Still Into Production by 4peace(m): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2013
monnex: I wish Nokia will adopt the Android platform. There products will sell heavily
So if everybody is clamoring for Nokia Android that implies the current abdroid manufacturers are no good
Re: Nokia Android Prototype Reportedly Is Still Into Production by gustav25: 8:33am On Sep 21, 2013
Its not that other producers are no good but just that d competition would be much cus of the international nokia name ....
Re: Nokia Android Prototype Reportedly Is Still Into Production by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 21, 2013
monnex: I wish Nokia will adopt the Android platform. There products will sell heavily
it is too late my bro as the market is saturated
Re: Nokia Android Prototype Reportedly Is Still Into Production by chineduace(m): 9:59am On Sep 21, 2013
I hope you guys know that Nokia windows is climbing to no2 now.
Re: Nokia Android Prototype Reportedly Is Still Into Production by stephano100(m): 11:01am On Sep 21, 2013
chineduace: I hope you guys know that Nokia windows is climbing to no2 now.
guy wat are u sayin,which one is nokia window, is it d "nokia lumia" or d "window os".....nd no2 of which list
Re: Nokia Android Prototype Reportedly Is Still Into Production by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
chineduace: I hope you guys know that Nokia windows is climbing to no2 now.
perhaps in Europe and America but not Africa.
Re: Nokia Android Prototype Reportedly Is Still Into Production by buntercos(m): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
ASUU strike:
perhaps in Europe and America but not Africa.

also i nigeria
Re: Nokia Android Prototype Reportedly Is Still Into Production by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
team tecno will fade out soon..

(1) (Reply)

Nokia X White 15k / New Doogee Titans 2 Dg700 With Android 5.0 / Why Is Nobody Unboxing The New Tecno Phantom 5?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.