Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State (3167 Views)

Fuel Sold 86 Naira Per Litre In Ekiti / Fintiri Spends N22bn In 86 Days As Governor – APM / Osinbajo Has 5,000 Churches So Don't Vote For Buhari - Sambo In Jigawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by atlwireles: 3:53am On Sep 21, 2013
Dutse — The Jigawa State government said yesterday that over 86, 000 children with severe cases of malnutrition have been cured.

Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Alhaji Lawal Abdu, while speaking at the inauguration of a 19-member technical committee on food and nutrition in state, said the free treatment was carried out by the state government in partnership with non-governmental organizations.

He said Jigawa initiated a community based management survey on malnutrition aimed at eradicating the menace among children and rural dwellers.

"With the help of development partners such as ACH International, UNICEF, MSF (Doctors without Boarder) Working to Improve Nutrition in Northern Nigeria (WINNN), we have been able to tackle issues of severe malnutrition in selected communities in the state, and over 86, 000 children have been cured in the past 2 years," he said.

He charged members of the committee to work hard and coordinate with donor agencies in the area of food nutrition as well as coordinate the planning and implementation of all food and nutrition programmes in the state.

In his remarks, the committee's chairman and Director General of Gunduma Health System Board, Usman Tahir, commended the state government for the confidence reposed in them, and assured of their commitment towards the realization of the set objectives.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307300270.html

1 Like

Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by atlwireles: 3:59am On Sep 21, 2013
smh angry angry angry
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by dahdah: 9:41am On Sep 21, 2013
Number 2
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by HoLEEsinner: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2013
Nice one Jigawa. 86,000 children cured of malnutrition is a good project well executed, I charge other northern states to follow this step knowing cases of malnutrition is common in the northern part of this country. God bless Nigeria.
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by 3ace(m): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2013
86,000? The height of poverty. Wen dem go dey born anyhow, dey leave the pikins to their fate. Foolish government, never proactive.
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 21, 2013
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by Codedboy95(m): 9:46am On Sep 21, 2013
Malnutrition na disease ?

1 Like

Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 21, 2013
7th to comment
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by instinctg(m): 9:47am On Sep 21, 2013
So sad malnutrition can be found in a land flowing with milk and honey.

After all has been said and done, dis idi0tz would clamour for child marriage .
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by stanogb(m): 9:47am On Sep 21, 2013
well. I do hope they are cured permanently...
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by 3ace(m): 9:48am On Sep 21, 2013
Sery777: 6th to comment
u no do 1,2,3 for school ni?

1 Like

Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 21, 2013
Treated for not cured of malnutrition
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by AbuMikey(m): 9:50am On Sep 21, 2013
86000 shockedshockedcheesy

All izz well o cheesy
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 21, 2013
3ace: u no do 1,2,3 for school ni?

Taa! Nwatakiria stop stalking me,its still morning you know?

1 Like

Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by dridowu: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2013
86k children ?
1. some have food but cannot eat,
2. some can eat but have no food
3. we have food and we can eat (yea, great undecided)
Glory be to the oh lord

You have food and u can eat and so glory be to God.
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by nora544: 10:10am On Sep 21, 2013
It is easy to say that, but they don't tell that that the money comes not from people in Nigeria.

I know that doctors without border ask 2 rich Pastors, in Nigeria if they can work together Pastor A and Pastor O, they don't answer this emails that show that they are no real christians.

We here in europa make that doctor without border can work, most of them are doctors who work in there free time for this organisation. they spent there holiday time to work for, and than a governor clain he make it, sorry but without the money we give in europa and america nothing would happen.
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=nora544]It is easy
to say that, but they don't tell that that the money comes not from
people in Nigeria.

I know that doctors without border ask 2 rich Pastors, in Nigeria if
they can work together Pastor A and Pastor O, they don't answer this
emails that show that they are no real christians.

We here in europa make that doctor without border can work, most of them
are doctors who work in there free time for this organisation. they
spent there holiday time to work for, and than a governor clain he
make it, sorry but without the money we give in europa and america
nothing would happen.

[/quote]

sis,ur grammar left me in a state of pismal dismal(pls if its not
correct ask Hon Patrick,he knows the right spelling).thanks for your
understanding
By the way,we in Nigeria received the money u guys contributed in Europa(sic) and America.
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by nora544: 10:23am On Sep 21, 2013
Sery777:

sis,ur grammar left me in a state of pismal dismal(pls if its not correct ask Hon Patrick,he knows the right spelling).thanks for your understanding

Sorry but this is my third language i speak and i know from what i speak, when you have a problem.
I know it is hard when somebody tell the truth about this program.
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by strangest(m): 10:29am On Sep 21, 2013
Malnutrition, busy killing the kids... Nothern Politicians, busy equipping boko haram... Time will tell...
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by Ism4b(m): 10:32am On Sep 21, 2013
Hmm thats how everyone is suffering in nigeria both young and old men and women alike. May GOD change this present leaders and replace them with those that shows concern for the less previlleges. AMEEN

1 Like

Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by dahdah: 10:46am On Sep 21, 2013
dridowu: 86k children ?
1. some have food but cannot eat,
2. some can eat but have no food
3. we have food and we can eat (yea, great undecided)
Glory be to the oh lord

You have food and u can eat and so glory be to God.

4. SOME CAN'T EAT AND STILL HAVE NO FOOD
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by oduamine: 10:55am On Sep 21, 2013
so happy for the changes now cos i was part of the exercise in 2010/2011 with msf

2 Likes

Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by nnocurruption: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2013
lies na today ? no governor in Nigeria care about his citizens, cure what ? lie lie leaders people of nairaland the guy nor do anything. stories.
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by Jayclinics(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2013
I didn't even bother to read through. Because I already know sey na lie. In case my comment no rhythm with Weti op they yarn make una pardon me, I go comment wella nxt tym
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by ogb5(m): 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
Lamido has not been able to govern his state and eradicate starvation from among his people, he is galavanting across nigeria that it is their turn to rule. And Amaechi is following them like mumu.

How can a man who could eradicate extreme poverty in his backyard lead Nigeria on the path of success

2 Likes

Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by thehomer: 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2013
Does this state sponsor pilgrims while having so many malnourished children?
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by Omotolaaraujo(f): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2013
People have to grow food, or earn money to buy food from a good source. That is the cure for malnutrition. Agriculture and jobs.
Re: 86,000 Children Cured Of Malnutrition In Jigawa State by phineas: 10:11am On Sep 22, 2013
Omotolaaraujo: People have to grow food, or earn money to buy food from a good source. That is the cure for malnutrition. Agriculture and jobs.

The data is most likely acurate and true,and not just for jigawa but for most states in the north.The data is from rural north and its a reflection of their lack of education,and poverty.

These are the pple that produce food the south eat,so its not an agricultural problem.They have soya,rice,millet,wheat,vegetables, pepper etc. They just don't give their kids the right meals,mostly because they are not englightened,and the scenario of 7-10 kids per mother Multiplied by 4 u gives the family pic,poverty becomes the issue at that stage.

One must truly commend all agencies and individuals that have taken it upon themselves to eradicate this menace,as so many lives have been saved by their contribution,However the true solution to this is compulsory female education.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? / Nairalander To Contest For State House Of Assembly Seat / American Bancorp Bank Writes To Buhari, Plans To Return Amaechi’s Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.