Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,994 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? (1242 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Emmy9ite(m): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2013
The law of cause and effect states, everything happens for a reason and that reason is there to help you. It's sad that most students have decided to complain and grumble over the strike but some have taken the advantage to achieve some goals and make cool cash.

Let's move aside from the news about negotiations and talk about how the ASUU strike has helped you.
For me,
*I've read and summarized 6 business and motivational books, am on the 7th.

*I've been able to complete some of my course topics by reading from other materials.

*I started a weekend mathematics project and so far we've been able to affect over hundred students.

*I've also made more money in this 'ASUU holiday' more than any other holiday.

Let's hear from you. what have u achieved so far from the strike??
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by talk2hb1(m): 8:10am On Sep 21, 2013
I can't remember my Matriculation number again, busy coding.
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by cardoso111(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2013
My daughter completed a sewing course!
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Emmy9ite(m): 8:33am On Sep 21, 2013
talk2hb1: I can't remember my Matriculation number again, busy coding.
Lol. It's good you've doing something worth your time
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by talk2hb1(m): 8:36am On Sep 21, 2013
Emmy9ite: Lol. It's good you've doing something worth your time
Yep, even before the strike always streetlancing now they gave me the opportunity to do more and more.
Thank you for that and no-thank for keeping me in school and getting paid to do that.
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Emmy9ite(m): 9:22am On Sep 21, 2013
cardoso111: My daughter completed a sewing course!
Cool. A friend of mine also learnt professional barbing. he's specialized in home services and has a complementary card!

1 Like

Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Sodiq3(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2013
I have been able to win all the trophies in my PS2,big thanks to ASUU

1 Like

Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by tsleazy(m): 10:15am On Sep 21, 2013
I started piano lessons...thanks to d strike and God

1 Like

Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by timwezzb(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
My no lie Ooooo ASUU No Help ME in any Positive way coz my GF broke Up wit me and its all bcause of ASUU!
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Hopez456(m): 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
I joined a school in my area to teach during the summer break. Still impacting knowledge to people till the strike is over.

1 Like

Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Emmy9ite(m): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
Sodiq3: I have been able to win all the trophies in my PS2,big thanks to ASUU
You can do better bro.
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Emmy9ite(m): 7:49am On Nov 25, 2013
Hopez456: I joined a school in my area to teach during the summer break. Still impacting knowledge to people till the strike is over.
How is the teaching going?
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by iyke52(m): 9:34am On Nov 25, 2013
i startd an online import nd export trade..nd am rily boxed up nw
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Spencer63(m): 11:13am On Nov 25, 2013
some guys will come here now and start giving us zobos.. and some peeps will be gullible enough to believe them....
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Emmy9ite(m): 11:30am On Nov 25, 2013
iyke52: i startd an online import nd export trade..nd am rily boxed up nw
Cool. keep it real!
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Emmy9ite(m): 11:31am On Nov 25, 2013
Spencer63: some guys will come here now and start giving us zobos.. and some peeps will be gullible enough to believe them....
That's not the question, if you are true to yourself, you won't mind the lies others say.
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Dibangoking(m): 9:12am On Dec 06, 2013
grin grin
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by mayorall(m): 9:24am On Dec 06, 2013
Learnt importation during strike, become importation half baked guru. Great business ideas but low finances still restricted me to mini importation.

1 Like

Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by ik4life: 11:02am On Dec 06, 2013
iyke52: i startd an online import nd export trade..nd am rily boxed up nw
onye isi dat tin na real?
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by slap1(m): 11:23am On Dec 06, 2013
Teaching a private secondary school. Consequently, I've improved in my field of study. I've also been offered proper employment after my final papers, until I go for service.

1 Like

Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Emmy9ite(m): 10:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dibangoking: grin grin
wetin? hehe
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by Dibangoking(m): 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
grin
Emmy9ite:
wetin? hehe
grin
Emmy9ite:
wetin? hehe
you know now
Re: How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Positively? by sammirano: 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
both positive and negative effects, so i can't find a balance which is more.

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For Shell Postgraduate Scholarship In UK (2014/2015) / ASUU; Late Prof. Festus Iyayi Was Against Calling Off The Strike. / Nuhu Bamalli Poly Zaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.