Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Our Lives - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Our Lives (1238 Views)

My Life Our Lives / FROM Uganda......(what Makes Our Lives Here) / The Calling Of Our Lives By Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Lives by Zeinymira(f): 8:56am On Sep 21, 2013
grin grin grin
Hi guys
The characters in "Our Lives" are real but I distorted them for fictional purposes
I seized the truth and molds it to the design I have in mind.
My literary career grin grin is the answer to a very simple question "What if?"

I'm open to correction buh please no horrible comments

All rights reserved
This work exclusively belongs to the author and it is protected under the Nigeria copyright law. No part of it must be reproduced,stored or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior knowledge or written permission of the author.
Re: Our Lives by Mynd44: 8:58am On Sep 21, 2013
Can't wait.

**grabs seat**
Re: Our Lives by Zeinymira(f): 9:53am On Sep 21, 2013
One

"She did what?!" She shrilled
I placed the receiver away from my right ear. What the hell! Girlfriend had not quit her bad habit of shrilling like a female. I placed the receiver back to my left ear,I once read that the right ear was closer to the brain. I don't want my brain to burst from the annoying piercing sound.
"You heard me,don't act like you don't know your girlfriend" I retorted
"What did she do??" She calmly asked for the umpteenth rime
Rolling my eyes"your gf. Sold her blackberry Q10 to buy peruvian hair"
"Oh my God!!!" She shrilled again.
This time I didn't place the receiver away from my ear. I guessed I was used to the annoying sound. Thanks to Multilinks we could talk forever and not blink an eye about the charges. The call rate was cheaper but I was fed up with the unwanted calls from my girlfriends. If they don't whine about menstrual pain,them ghetto girls,the fashion in town,their crush then it would have to be about their boyfriends
Talking about boyfriend,I don't have one or should I say I don't want to have one? Okay,I've never dated but I had lot of experience about relationship between boys and girls,men and women. Thanks to my girlfriends for that,they came to me with baggage of problems with their boyfriends. I advise them and most of the time it worked like magic. I don't know why I was single,maybe I was scared of heart break,maybe I was waiting for Mr. Perfect. All I knew was none of the guys I met scored B in my grade book. It was time I cut down on the qualities I was searching for. But ireally I wasn't asking for too much or was I? I only wanted a guy who is goodlooking,generous,popular,faithful,rich,caring,intelligent
"Was this too much to ask?"
"That girl is crazy"her words brought me back to the present
Yeah crazy and weird she was
Crazy enough to changed her name in a court of law from MorakinyO. Ayobami to Simisola Coker because her late father called her a bas-tard.
Wwird because she preached better than a pastor but a worse sinner than Lucifer
"Do you know the number of Alhajis she slept with before she could afford Q10?"
"You can imagine o"
"Why would she sell it,it doesn't add up selling Q10 for peruvian hair?"
"Dunno really. But that girl is nut. She talked about having a BBP party in Calabar and some outstanding bills. She's broke,she sold off the laptop too" I expected a deafening sound but there was none. Cutie bought the laptop for her.
"I've been calling her number for the past three days,I wanted to remind her that the post ume exam is next week Saturday"
I understood how she felt,she obtained the form for our non-challant friend. The girl was the only one who had not gained admission in out Quartet group. Her dream was to be a screen goddess in the Nollywood industry.
Re: Our Lives by UjSizzle(f): 10:08am On Sep 21, 2013
Nice smiley Try spacing out please.
Re: Our Lives by Zeinymira(f): 10:59am On Sep 21, 2013
"Finest,I swear with my life and hers,I'm gonna kill her if she doesn't write the post ume exam. It cost me tHousands of naira to obtained the form for her" she screamed like a woman in labour
What's with this screaming and shrilling,was she in her period?
"Cutie calm down,she ll be back tomorrow from the BBP. I ll talk some sense into her dumb skull"
We both laughed at that,the girl we were talking about is everything but dumb
"What in gawd name is BBP?"
"Bum-short birthday party" I pronounced it just the way Simisola had after she had tongue-lashed me for not knowing the trending slang
"Mtcheew" cutie hissed and added"unto something more important. Charles asked me to lend him two hundred thousand naira,what should I do?"
Charles was her boyfriend. Charlie boy tall and handsome,much more handsome than Van Vicker. He was blessed with a glowing skin even though he never had good meals to eat until he met Cutie,his angel.
"I don't know"
"Assuming Charles is your boyfriend,what will you do"
Rolling my eyes
"He is not my boyfriend"
"Assuming he is"
"Give him 30k"
"Ahn ahn,30 out of 200?"
"If he was my boyfriend that's what I ll do. For God's sake when will you see Charles for what he really is? You gave him 250k last month and now he's asking for another 200k"
The line was silent for a while. I couldn't help but tell her the bitter truth,Charles is a gold digger. I knew she's hooked on his look and sugar- coated mouth
"I love him"
"Yeah and he loves you too but the truth is he is a waster. The only thing he's acheived in his entire life is his good looks but we both knew it was acheived because his beast of a father sucessfully seduced his beauty of a mother"
We laughed out loud. I was right his father was dead ugly while his mother was the beaut
"He's got modelling talent,he loves fashion"I said after a thought
"So I should buy him a modelling form?"
"Yeah. If his brain can't fetch him naira then his good looks should. He got you with his look"
"You're too blunt"
"That's why you love me"
"Any sex? Any checks?"She demanded
Trust my girlfriends to ask the one million naira question
"No"
"Gotta go"
"Thanks for calling"
"Thanks for picking my call"
"Love you dear"
"Always love you"
Re: Our Lives by Zeinymira(f): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2013
uj_sizzle: Nice smiley Try spacing out please.
Alright I will,thanks.
Re: Our Lives by Zeinymira(f): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2013
Going to Hottie's house was the best idea of the month. I haven't stepped out of the compound ever since I dragged my box inside the house and that was three weeks ago. I looked at my sorry self in the full length mirror,my weavon had tangled ,my eyebrows were bushy and the polish on my nails had gone off. I know hottie would go gaga if she saw my awful look,after screaming at me like a mad cat, a long lecture on how a 21st century babe should look like would follow.
"You're not called Finest for this ancient look"
"Hmm,Finest, the nick suits me"I said to myself
I stripped out of my clothes,a tall smooth-skinned girl stared back at me with lovely eyes you could drown in. Her pointy nose,poted pink lips which her friends thought was her best asset curled into a big smile. A smile that could light up any man's world.The lovely eyes travelled down to the small slightly dropped breasts,flat tummy,big rounded hips and beautiful long legs.
"Wow!' I admired the figure I saw in the mirror and pouted at the boobs that almost marred my perfect body
Boobs that has never been touched
I entered the enduite bathroom
"I apologize
I don't recollect your name
Oh baby I don't know your name"
My Nokia x2 sang even though its speaker was bad. I sang along That Way by Wale,I wasn't in a hurry to pick the call. It stopped ringing but I continued huming,bathing myself slowly and it rang again. I wondered who the persistent caller was. Two guesses and I'd be right,if my uncle was not calling then it had to be one of my girlfriends. I hurriedly bathed when it seems the phone will never stop ringing.
Dripping water on the tiled floor,I picked the call and put it in loudspeaker
"Hello" I shouted into the mouth piece
"Hi,are you at home?" The unmistakable voice of a man spoke
What man could it be?
I's been two months I gave out my number. The guy who was lucky to got my number exchanged his BB torch2 with my scratched up,broken screen and chopped off keypads Nokia x2. I typed my number on his but he couldnt type on mine. He promised to call but he never did. Most of the guys on my contacts were tired of calling maybe because I never returned their calls.
"Yeah,who is speaking please"
"Tunji Adams"
What?!
"Preetie ex boyfriend?"
"Yeah"
Rolling my eyes" Tunji longest time"
" Yeah babe,can I come over? I need someone I can talk to"
I was silent. He spoke up again.
"Someone,I can pour my heart too"
Okay lover boy,one of the tricks men use is" pour out your heart to her,tell her a sob story,engage her sympathy and she will surrender herself to you"
"I'm on my way to the salon,maybe next time"
"Ok,wait for me I"ll pick you up"he hanged up like I had no choice
If he wants to tag along then it's no problem. One thing was certain;he would foot my bills.
Re: Our Lives by Zeinymira(f): 10:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
I opened the wardrobe and I was amazed that I the once upon a tine rough girl could arranged my clothes neatly. I remembered my mother's saying " As one grows,so also will maturity set in" She was right.
I slipped on my jean,wore a black tank top,green wrist watch,earrings and black sandal. I applied a little makeup,to me simplicity is beautiful. I stood infront of the mirror,smiling at the beautiful image I saw and did a rock dance to keril Hilson song Pretty girl I was humming in my head
I brushed the tangled weavon on my head,added gloss and oil to salvaged the lost beauty. It looked better. I picked up my handbag,locked up the house. I walked around the neighbourhood till I got to Mrs. Bolade's house,she was my mother's colleague at the Ministry of Health. I knew she wasn't at home,I was there to tell Anna,the baby of the house that I was going out.
"See what I drew" the ten year old said excitedly,forgoting about her manners. I took the drawing book from her She drew a large room with plasma tv,freez er,a standing fan and all the things they don't have in their rooms.
"Where did you got this?" I asked
"Uncle David's room"she answered
Uncle David was the new corper in the neighbourhood,I've never met him,I only know of him. The kids in the neighbourhood talked about his generousity,he bought them lots of goodies.
"Beautiful drawing,I'm going out,I'll be back in the evening" I said handling her my keys
"Mum,said I should come over to your place" Anna pouted
Her mum was into politics and she usually travel without her every Saturday for her political ambition.
"You coming with me" I said to her and she ran inside to have her bath
I sat at the porch waiting for her,she came out five minutes later and I wondered if she really had a bath. I helped her straighten her t-shirt collar and we walked back to my house waiting for Tunji
Tunji Adams was the son of sef-made multI-millionaire who had the largest animal farm in Nigeria. The company had been in existence for over a decade. It was well known for its efficiency in food production and raw materials for industries there was no doubt who would inherit the Animal Farm,it was the only son of chief BaBajide Adams. Tunji was freindly,relatable and just a general salt-of-the-earth dude. Preetie met him in a networking party. She had paid a large amount of money to be at the party and it was worth it when she met him.
He was TDH(tall,dark and handsome),had beautiful white set of teeth and a great sense of humour. We were green with envy when preerie introÐuced hÍm to Ùs. With time I became his favourite,he liked me because I was cool with everyone. He spent for us like we were his girlfriend. Preetie checked his friends according tto the plan in our clique. If one of us hooked a rich guy,the next thng was networking. But Tunji's friends belongs to the player gróup,the girls played along and got what they wanted. Money.
Re: Our Lives by alaafyn(m): 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
read d story of sex, survival and playboy ....
https://www.nairaland.com/1524219/lagos-dudes-
beginning

(1) (Reply)

Stupid Mods....,,,stupid Seun / Beautiful Stalker / Chasing Shadows.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.