Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (65068 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
aManFromMars: @Obadiah:
The thread's ready.

https://www.nairaland.com/1468269/religion-section-reference-library#18632794

Thanks.
hey musKeeto, i am not understanding your request. you want this thread swopped with the one that is stickied already ?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
obadiah777: hey musKeeto, i am not understanding your request. you want this thread swopped with the one that is stickied already ?

Yeah.

Pls, pls, pls. smiley
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by tunapa2009(m): 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
Recommended for FP
www.nairaland.com/1451921/letter-church-part-1#18665834
Front page please!!!!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by truthislight: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

Yeah.

Pls, pls, pls. smiley

Yea.

But Musky, you said you will do justice to people's recommended threads on the old by moving them "ASAP" to the new.

Has that been done also ?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
truthislight:

Yea.

But Musky, you said you will do justice to people's recommended threads on the old by moving them "ASAP" to the new.

Patience. Na time na.
grin

wey ijawkid? cry
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
truthislight:

Yea.

I can help with that if you guys want. I aint busy right now.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
Good afternoon, please I think this should be moved to the jokes section:

https://www.nairaland.com/1469553/demons-send-sms-those-experience
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by truthislight: 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
aManFromMars:
Patience. Na time na.
grin

cry

striktlymi:

I can help with that if you guys want. I aint busy right now.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by tunapa2009(m): 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
tunapa2009: Recommended for FP
www.nairaland.com/1451921/letter-church-part-1#18665834
Front page please!!!!
Front page please!!!!!!!!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by italo: 9:09am On Oct 09, 2013
@ Mods, I have a complaint against a thread with the OP containing something that is FALSE (breaking rule no. 8 )

https://www.nairaland.com/1470256/chanting-roman-catholic-rosary

"The chanting of the Roman Catholic Rosary is VAIN REPETITION!!! It is exactly what God hates. God is not impressed with such empty and meaningless prayers. Some Catholics try to justify vain repetitious prayers with Scriptures such as Matthew 26:44, "And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words." But, asking God three times for the same thing, is very different than mumbling the same dead words (the Rosary) over and over for a lifetime.
Furthermore, this was not the norm when Jesus prayed. There are times in our life where we will want to keep asking God for something; but, that is certainly not the same as mumbling the same, written, dead, repipitous words over and over again. A catholic repeats 5 "Hail Mary" in each daily rosary prayer. Jesus clearly states that the "heathen" pray with useless repititions. Do you realize that a faithful catholic who prays d rosary everyday, will in a lifetime say "Hail Mary" well over 1,000,000 times? Think about it. And yet, not one mention is made of the name Jesus Christ in the rosary. Like it or not, d word of God condemns formalized religion."

A rosary recitation contains far more than "5 Hail Marys." This shows that the OP doesn't even know what he is talking about and only intends to attack the faith.

Also, Every single "Hail Mary" contains the mention of Jesus. In addition to that, there are 4 or 5 "O my Jesus" said during the Rosary prayer. Glory be to the Son (Jesus) is also said 5 times. Etc.

On the average, Jesus is mention about 70times during the rosary prayer.

What will you do against this thread?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Enigma(m): 9:29am On Oct 09, 2013
Complaint wink

Similar to the complaint above, the following thread and especially the linked and quoted post contains false information contrary to rule 8. I think it might just be fair to consider both posts when deciding what to do about these two complaints.

https://www.nairaland.com/1408199/meditations-mysteries-holy-rosary-joyful/3#18634132

I am highlighting a particularly false line in red. smiley
===============================

"How
do we know the Truth?
"the Church is the pillar and ground of truth" (1 Tim iii.15)
Christ could not have sent his Apostles to "go and teach all
nations"(Mtt 28:19) if he did not send them with the pure truth and with
his grace that they may be able to infallibly teach that truth "even to
the consummation of the world."
There is "only one faith" (Eph. iv.5) and "without it, it is impossible
to please God" Heb. xi.6.
How are we to know the truth?: "We are of God. He that knoweth God
heareth us. He that is not of God heareth us not. By this we know the
spirit of truth and the spirit of error." (1Jn iv.6) that "we" is the Church.
Amidst all arguments, we know what exactly is the true teaching of
Christ by paying attention to the testimony, teaching and authority of
His holy Church. And there is only one church: "one body" (Eph. iv.4) that's the Catholic Church and
outside of her no man at all can be saved
"

grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Enigma(m): 9:39am On Oct 09, 2013
Complaint smiley

Sorry Mods, I have one more complaint; to be honest I have lots and lots and lots more but I will leave it to these two for now. wink

This post on the same thread I mentioned in my first complaint also contains false information.

https://www.nairaland.com/1408199/meditations-mysteries-holy-rosary-joyful/3#18627275

"Pls there's notin like pentecostal or catholic style!
We are the church of pentecost!whether they like it or not,Jesus and his apostles were catholics!
Non catholics are prostestants
!!!"

All of the bolded and especially the red are false (and an insult to my Lord)!; the black bold is telling falsehoods about (at least some) protestants; there are "non-Catholics" who are not "protestants". wink

grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by truthislight: 10:22am On Oct 09, 2013
^^^
Complaining that doctrinal threads that are directly verifiable from the bible be closed is wrong and defeats the essence of having a forum for religiouse discussion at the first place.

Next, there will be a complain that tithes threads be closed.

Best is go and defend what you feel is the "truth" on the thread.

That ^ is why we are here at the first place also.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by InesQor(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2013
truthislight: ^^^
Complaining that doctrinal threads that are directly verifiable from the bible be closed is wrong and defeats the essence of having a forum for religiouse discussion at the first place.

Next, there will be a complain that tithes threads be closed.

Best is go and defend what you feel is the "truth" on the thread.

That ^ is why we are here at the first place also.

Peace

No, Enigma is being sarcastic considering italo's post above.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by truthislight: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
InesQor:

No, Enigma is being sarcastic considering italo's post above.

true ^.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
italo: @ Mods, I have a complaint against a thread with the OP containing something that is FALSE (breaking rule no. 8 )

What will you do against this thread?
absolutely nothing
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
@Obadiah:
Thanks, Bro.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2013
Jodekss: The owner of this thread- https://www.nairaland.com/1469436/used-see-repeating-numbers-such had been barned too from replying on the thread he created too...
But I don't need to beg too much, the banner had decided and the consequences had been loaded, for I did nothing wrong, I was only trying to help, which is one of my duties from God...

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
aManFromMars: @Obadiah:
Thanks, Bro.
no sweat brah. tis part of the job
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
Jodekss: The owner of this thread- https://www.nairaland.com/1469436/used-see-repeating-numbers-such had been barned too from replying on the thread he created too...
But I don't need to beg too much, the banner had decided and the consequences had been loaded, for I did nothing wrong, I was only trying to help, which is one of my duties from God...
**coughs**
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
dude was wrongly banned by spambot. he is good to go now
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
obadiah777: dude was wrongly banned by spambot. he is good to go now
Thanks
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (96)

Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies / Eunice Olawale's Coffin And Burial Today (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.