Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (64953 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ajibam:
just as if she wasn't there during the discussion..lol
grin grin grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin

Two of you guys, stop bullying HBG grin grin grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin
grin grin grin you got mail
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
This is not a chit chat

@Mods I have created a thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1476542/religion-section-awards-night-lets#18784578 with respect to any year end activity the section would need to plan for.

I am asking that this thread be made a sticky for the time being pending when the activities are done with.

LB, Musky, Enigma, Alfa, Italo, Uben, Goshen, Ola, Sidespin, Rey, Goshen, Troll etc please I need help and ideas for the 'program'.

Mods your help and ideas are also required.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Two of you guys, stop bullying HBG grin grin grin
i aint bullying nobody sire. trust me. i am the one getting bullied grin

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: grin grin grin you got mail
Indeed HBG. let me go check it. wink grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
striktlymi: This is not a chit chat

@Mods I have created a thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1476542/religion-section-awards-night-lets#18784578 with respect to any year end activity the section would need to plan for.

I am asking that this thread be made a sticky for the time being pending when the activities are done with.

LB, Musky, Enigma, Alfa, Italo, Uben, Goshen, Ola, Sidespin, Rey, Goshen, Troll etc please I need help and ideas for the 'program'.

Thanks in anticipation.

Why is Goshen's name there twice? You do know that I lost the award to him last year due to some PDP tactics? cheesy

Anyway, I am going to the thread now!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
obadiah777: i aint bullying nobody sire. trust me. i am the one getting bullied grin

lol.....was just pulling your legs
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why is Goshen's name there twice? You do know that I lost the award to him last year due to some PDP tactics? cheesy

Anyway, I am going to the thread now!

Lol!!!

Don't mind me...

Thanks!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
Wait.....did Striklymi's thread just get stickied?

If so, you mods must be having a laugh
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
striktlymi: This is not a chit chat

Thanks in anticipation.
Done.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
on a sidenote-permission to unhide all the hidden posts ? i believe this is an issue that can be discussed with all members. get their opinions on what they think is an effective strategy. i like musKeetos idea. since this section has been barred as a chatbox, members have not had a cohesive thread where all irregardless of faith can hangout and chat. maybe its time to make changes. i quite like the idea of unstickying both christian and non-christian chat threads and then create a GENERAL CHAT THREAD for every member. those other chat threads can survive or die on their own. but a common chat place is essential for all. if you like this idea LIKE this post so we can get an idea of the strength of people who want this change.

11 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Logicboy03: Wait.....did Striklymi's thread just get stickied?

If so, you mods must be having a laugh

Let's discuss this over there, given the sensitive nature of this thread.

See you there.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Done.

Thanks a mill...much appreciated.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
obadiah777: on a sidenote-permission to unhide all the hidden posts ? i believe this is an issue that can be discussed with all members. get their opinions on what they think is an effective strategy. i like musKeetos idea. since this section has been barred as a chatbox, members have not had a cohesive thread where all irregardless of faith can hangout and chat. maybe its time to make changes. i quite like the idea of unstickying both christian and non-christian chat threads and then create a GENERAL CHAT THREAD for every member. those other chat threads can survive or die on their own. but a common chat place is essential for all. if you like this idea LIKE this post so we can get an idea of the strength of people who want this change.
With all due respect, please foward this to Mukina, Seun and Obinoscopy.

And since we agreed with Mukina on the rules of this thread, No will do.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Enigma(m): 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
Suggestion and Response to Mod

I oppose the idea of unstickying the Christian Chat thread specifically. If people speak of fairness, then unstickying the Christian Chat thread will be the height of unfairness. It was unique and it was uniquely granted a sticky status.

No other thread met the requirement that led to the Christian Chat thread being made a sticky. If people think fairness is having a non-Christian chat thread sticky, I will not object.

I do not see the point for a general sticky thread. Everyone has the liberty to open any thread and fulminate whatever they like - within the Rules. That is the whole idea of a discussion forum. If there is a need desire for a general discussion thread ok, BUT the thread does not have to be a sticky!

smiley
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
Enigma: I oppose the idea of unstickying the Christian Chat thread specifically. If people speak of fairness, then unstickying the Christian Chat thread will be the height of unfairness. It was unique and it was uniquely granted a sticky status.

No other thread met the requirement that led to it being made a sticky. If people think fairness is having a non-Christian chat thread sticky, I will not object.

I do not see the point for a general sticky thread, Everyone has the liberty to open any thread and fulminate whatever they like. That is the whole idea of a discussion forum. If there is a need for a general discussion thread ok, BUT it does not have to be a sticky!

smiley

So a christian chatbox in a religion section should be stickied but a general chatbox for the religion section should not?

I have far given up on this sticky idea.....so many senseless ideas fighting over each other
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
Enigma: I oppose the idea of unstickying the Christian Chat thread specifically. If people speak of fairness, then unstickying the Christian Chat thread will be the height of unfairness. It was unique and it was uniquely granted a sticky status.

No other thread met the requirement that led to it being made a sticky. If people think fairness is having a non-Christian chat thread sticky, I will not object.

I do not see the point for a general sticky thread, Everyone has the liberty to open any thread and fulminate whatever they like. That is the whole idea of a discussion forum. If there is a need for a general discussion thread ok, BUT it does not have to be a sticky!

smiley

There is something Obadiah is missing, this section is not romance section, or literature section, or Celebrity section, There is no way, a general chatbox will solve things, it will only cause chaos around here.

Obadiah don't you like peace? The stability this section has had Do you enjoy unnecessary fights
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: There is something Obadiah is missing, this section is not romance section, or literature section, or Celebrity section, There is no way, a general chatbox will solve things, it will only cause chaos around here.

Obadiah don't you like peace? The stability this section has had Do you enjoy unnecessary fights

When you had peace in your christian chatbox, didnt obadiah and your two xtian sisters come to cause chaos in the non christian chatbox?

Should I fetch your own comment in which you were surprised?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Enigma(m): 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
Clarification of Suggestion and Response to Mod

Actually, I think HBG has a point that there has been relative calm regarding the 'sticky' situation (no pun intended)! smiley

Since the non-Christian sticky people were indulged, there has been calm; similarly with the 'Reference' thread even though its usefulness is really quite very limited.

The issue (no misuse of the abbreviation "ish" which unknown to some of its users is hip hop slang for 'shit'*) with Ajibam's 'Welcome' thread has been resolved. So perhaps to avoid rocking the boat, just leave the stickies as they are. I notice it does not even prevent having temporary stickies as is being done with one now.

Also, I agree with the decision that this thread should only be for complaints and suggestions primarily.

smiley

*Bonus

Clean/Radio edit of hip hop line: "Stay pretty and I ma stay dishy"!

Original/uncut of same line: "Stay pretty and I ma stay shitty"! wink
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: There is something Obadiah is missing, this section is not romance section, or literature section, or Celebrity section, There is no way, a general chatbox will solve things, it will only cause chaos around here.

so long as they are not fighting in the complaints section, its all good lol. grin

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
Enigma: Clarification of Suggestion and Response to Mod

Actually, I think HBG has a point that there has been relative calm regarding the 'sticky' situation (no pun intended)! smiley

Since the non-Christian sticky people were indulged, there has been calm; similarly with the 'Reference' thread even though it usefulness is really quite very limited.

The issue (no misuse of the abbreviation "ish" which unknown to some of its users is hip hop slang for 'shit'*) with Ajibam's 'Welcome' thread has been resolved. So perhaps to avoid rocking the boat, just leave the stickies as they are. I notice it does not even prevent having temporary stickies as is being done with one now.

Also, I agree with the decision that this thread should only be for complaints and suggestions primarily.

smiley

*Bonus

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
obadiah777: so long as they are not fighting in the complaints section, its all good lol. grin
your controversial threads cater for those fights right? tongue
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 1:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
striktlymi: This is not a chit-chat = friendly conversation about things that are not very important...link

Not visible in the sense that it was un-stickied. I agree that the thread thrives on perticipation but there have been some level of activity since it became visible again: https://www.nairaland.com/1411899/new-members-introduce-yourselves-sticky/1#18779423

I never said the bold...those are your words.

You implied it. You said his thread could be important if you make it work. That means you can make it important. I really do not understand why you deny this.

Anyways, I don't have any ish with the selfish motive when it is geared towards meeting the need(s) of others. We are all selfish when we look at it critically. Those who preach do so because they want to make Heaven, folks in paid employment, work because they want to get paid, an entrepreneur saddled with the responsibility of need identification and satisfying same, do so because he/she wants to earn profit...it goes on.

So personally, if Ajibam wants to satisfy his God-given instinct to be 'selfish' but does so such that the need(s) of the section is (are) met adequately, then I have no ish with it. What is important here is whether or not the section gains from whatever any member brings forth. Aji's thread satisfies a number of needs:

So it was God who gave the selfish instinct? I thought it was the devil o. That means Jesus and God must be selfish themselves. Brother please shed more light on this bold claim of yours.

a) Gives new members a sense of belonging.
b) When new members feel that they are noticed, they would want to come back and probably invite their friends too which helps the section to grow.
c) It helps the mods keep tab on plausible reasons why some members leave after some time with a view to understand their needs and help meet these needs where possible.

a) The chat thread can serve that purpose.
b) I doubt if today's recognized nairalanders of the religion section needed a thread for that. If you want to be noticed you will participate in threads. Only people who want to be "famous for being famous" will need a red carpet for that, and I am sure those are not the kind of people you want in the section.
c) Please correct me if I am wrong here. I thought the thread was simply for welcoming new members, not for old ones to cry about why they are leaving or what they do not like about the section. That's why there is a complaint thread for that.

Very good point but the chat threads are member-driven not 'admin'-driven. Aji's thread could give new members that added feel of being welcomed to this section by the Admin.

Says who? Since when was welcoming of new members become the job of the admin? I know you are really trying to defend Ajibam although he even agrees with me but this just doesn't work. That thread was meant for all the old guys to welcome newbies, and that was what was happening, it was not limited to mods. And if the admin want to welcome newbies they can also do that in the chat threads.

I believe you would have followed the link to the thread and confirmed that there is some activity in it, even after it was un-stickied.

I honestly think this your only good argument. Anyway please may I ask when it was stickied? I am looking for consistency and relevance. I do not think it is relevant, and how consistent could it be?

If his response are inadequate and you feel the need to get a redress then you take it up with the super-mods.

Lol! So if my argument is proven to be better of the two, I still have to meet the super mods, but if his is (which I am sure you desperately wish is), then there's no problem. O boy you don find mugu today o. grin

Anyway, as a well meaning nairalander, I would have to confess that your "this is not a chitchat " stuff makes you sound like a village headmaster. Please consider stopping it.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: your controversial threads cater for those fights right? tongue
my threads are not controversial. the controversy exists in the heads of the heathens. scripture do say 'why do the heathens rage' ? wink wink

5 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
psky:
Anyway, as a well meaning nairalander, I would have to confess that your "this is not a chitchat "stuff makes you sound like a village headmaster. Please consider stopping it.
grin grin grin
Chai...
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Enigma(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2013

Actually, I wish to say something about the bolded especially because some people like to shout that this place is the Religion section and not the Christian section.

The title may say "Religion" and it is true that there are now many different religions here now including paganism and evangelical atheism among others. However, when the section started, it was predominantly made up of Christian discussions with some Islamic and other religion discussions. It was Christian threads and Christian discussions that made this section and that made it attract traffic historically. In other words, historically this section was mostly a Christian section or, to be more accurate/pedantic, a Christian and other religions section.

Fair enough, the reality is that the Christians are leaving the section for those who want to make it what they want to make it. However, in the context of what I have explained and in the context of the history of the Christian Chat thread, having the Christian Chat thread specifically as a sticky is not out of place even in the present climate of the "Religion" section.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
Enigma:

Actually, I wish to say something about the bolded especially because some people like to shout that this place is the Religion section and not the Christian section.

The title may say "Religion" and it is true that there are now many different religions here now including paganism and evangelical atheism among others. However, when the section started, it was predominantly made up of Christian discussions with some Islamic and other religion discussions. It was Christian threads and Christian discussions that made this section and that made it attract traffic historically. In other words, historically this section was mostly a Christian section or, to be more accurate/pedantic, a Christian and other religions section.

Fair enough, the reality is that the Christians are leaving the section for those who want to make it what they want to make it. However, in the context of what I have explained and in the context of the history of the Christian Chat thread, having the Christian Chat thread specifically as a sticky is not out of place even in the present climate of the "Religion" section.

smiley

like I said...you're a christian bigot, gasbag.

Times have changed....by this time ext year, there would be so many non christians that your PDP politics would be shattered
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Enigma(m): 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
^^ Well, 'youknowwho' is also a bigot and gasbag. wink

Pity both posts are likely to be deleted.

smiley
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
obadiah777: on a sidenote-permission to unhide all the hidden posts ? i believe this is an issue that can be discussed with all members. get their opinions on what they think is an effective strategy. i like musKeetos idea. since this section has been barred as a chatbox, members have not had a cohesive thread where all irregardless of faith can hangout and chat. maybe its time to make changes. i quite like the idea of unstickying both christian and non-christian chat threads and then create a GENERAL CHAT THREAD for every member. those other chat threads can survive or die on their own. but a common chat place is essential for all. if you like this idea LIKE this post so we can get an idea of the strength of people who want this change.

With Satanic vision, I already created one some weeks back: https://www.nairaland.com/1454555/religion-section-chatbox-general-discussions

Just sticky it, thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ishilove: 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
Enigma: Clarification of Suggestion and Response to Mod

Since the non-Christian sticky people were indulged, there has been calm; similarly with the 'Reference' thread even though its usefulness is really quite very limited.

smiley

*Bonus

cheesy cool
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Yooguyz: 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2013

you are the one who doesn't want peace and stability by alienting some christians from your chatbox. You don't want gay christians, catholics, orthodox christians in your chatbox box, but you are ok with fundamental bigots posting up and down in your thread. The religious section is full of sects and you are contributing to it by alienting some and welcoming some. #hope i don't get banned#

Obadiah thumbs up! Great idea!

@HBG, how was service today? Why didn't you wait behind after church?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (96)

Winners Chapel, Canaanland - The Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? (Pics, Video) / After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.