Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Repairing My Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Repairing My Laptop (1200 Views)

Repairing A Laptop Power That Does Not Turn On / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / Repairing A Flash Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Repairing My Laptop by GatJokez(f): 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2013
So, I'm here to vent and seek advice. I have a two year old Gateway laptop. About a month ago, my ten year old spilled a lil bit of soda on the keys. I tried wiping the keys and drying, but typing is close to impossible because all sorts of goofiness appears on the screen when I try to type. I finally decided to try and take it apart so I can clean the keys from the inside. Any advice on best way to do it? What should I watch out for? Thanks in advance smiley.
Re: Repairing My Laptop by cirmuell(m): 11:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hey[url=gatjokez],[/url] been a while. You hadly post on here lately, hope you're good?

Btw, HNY in advance. smiley
Re: Repairing My Laptop by Lexusgs430: 12:46am On Dec 31, 2015
GatJokez:
So, I'm here to vent and seek advice. I have a two year old Gateway laptop. About a month ago, my ten year old spilled a lil bit of soda on the keys. I tried wiping the keys and drying, but typing is close to impossible because all sorts of goofiness appears on the screen when I try to type. I finally decided to try and take it apart so I can clean the keys from the inside. Any advice on best way to do it? What should I watch out for? Thanks in advance smiley.

If you can replace the keyboard yourself, buy a replacement and tackle it(possibly loads of unscrewing involved)
The present keypad membrane has suffered from moisture contamination. Hopefully, this your month long wait would have not corroded other parts.

NB: Just checked date of publication (2013). Advice might be helpful to others!!!
Re: Repairing My Laptop by GatJokez(f): 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
cirmuell:
Hey[url=gatjokez],[/url] been a while. You hadly post on here lately, hope you're good?

Btw, HNY in advance. smiley

Hi, thanks for the NY wishes. Same to you - Happiest New Year and hope it turns better than years past smiley.

You're right, I need to get postin my two cents again wink.

1 Like

Re: Repairing My Laptop by GatJokez(f): 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
Lexusgs430:

If you can replace the keyboard yourself, buy a replacement and tackle it(possibly loads of unscrewing involved)
The present keypad membrane has suffered from moisture contamination. Hopefully, this your month long wait would have not corroded other parts.

NB: Just checked date of publication (2013). Advice might be helpful to others!!!

Thanks for sharing good explanation and advice. Better late than neva grin. Just to add - I did exactly as you advised back then. Keyboard works like new. Thought it would be good to know for those who might encounter similar challenge.
Re: Repairing My Laptop by Lexusgs430: 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
GatJokez:

Thanks for sharing good explanation and advice. Better late than neva grin. Just to add - I did exactly as you advised back then. Keyboard works like new. Thought it would be good to know for those who might encounter similar challenge.

Thank for update. HNY

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Windows 7 Ultimate Product Key 64 Bit / 6 Tips To Stay Safe With Your Computer And Other Digital Devices / Dell Laptop For Sale @12k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.