Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment (1165 Views)

Why Tinubu Boycotted APC NEC Meeting – Chieftain: The SUN / Why Tinubu Dumped Buhari For Tambuwal / Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by jliusadura(m): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
Many people have criticized APC leader, Bola Hammed Tinubu for going to the UK for the treatment of his knee injury. Here are the possible reasons he opted for UK:
-To avoid disturbances and trooping-in of supporters. This is necessary as he needs rest and privacy after the surgery.
-To have access to world class expert. For those who opined that his choice of UK is base on his failure to build standard hospitals in Lagos; they should be reminded that buildings and equipments alone do not make hospitals. There is currently problem of accurate diagnosis and treatment in Nigeria as a result of shortfall in expertise. If you doubt this, why do Nigerian doctors refer patients abroad for diagnosis and treatments? As a trending politician who needs time to prepare for APC's consolidation and preparation for 2015 general election, he must be diagnosed and treated accurately to recover quickly and lead the opposition. Note that his short absence is being felt already.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2013
Charity begins abroad. He went there for medical tourism. Spending the money he looted while in office n d returns given to him by ACN guys.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2013
I don't know why people keep saying his knee surgery was performed in UK. The surgery was performed in Chicago but he is taking his therapy in UK. I have friends in Chicago who knew when Tinubu came to town.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by jliusadura(m): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
Your assertion is merely political. I see you as one of the ant-APC elements undecided
Professor Peter: Charity begins abroad. He went there for medical tourism. Spending the money he looted while in office n d returns given to him by ACN guys.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2013
Professor Peter: Charity begins abroad. He went there for medical tourism. Spending the money he looted while in office n d returns given to him by ACN guys.

How infantile a statement this is? It can be very painful for most Tinubu haters to always see the guy waxing strong and growing from strenght to strenght

Pray Professor of falsehood, why do you all keep shouting looter,thief and corrupt whenever Tinubu's name is mentioned whereas your federal govt which controls all the intelligence and security apparati have not been able to manufacture even a whiff of evidence against him six years after being without immunity?

Most of you are never-do-wells who can't fathom the fact that Tinubu didn't just become rich in this political dispensation a fact that is known to the power brokers in this country including OBJ and all the Heads of State that have ruled us since in the late 80's

Its a pity that most of you became politically aware from 1999 hence just chanced in upon the name Tinubu cos he became the governor but those who knew Primrose group and PDM which later dissolved into SDP then know Tinubu wella....the fact remains that he was one of the major financiers of Chief Dapo Sarumi( who led the Primrose group then) for the Gov in 92 before he was disqualified alongside Femi Agbalajobi

Tinubu has been a major player in the Oil and Gas industry since the 80's despite the fact that he worked with Mobil

If any one of you is ever lucky to play/work in the Upstream n Downstream industry....it will not be difficult to build/know a network of investors and financiers who are willing to come into the country to invest but ALWAYS needs people who understand the terrain(Nigerians) to show them or link them with the Federal Govt hence those front-men/agents who are smart always insist on a certain percentage of the business as their stake for bringing those businesses to Nigeria.

So as long as those companies continue to operate in Nigeria till the world come to an end(as an on-going business concern), those linkmen will continue to make money

There are several Nigerians today who most of us lazily feel are not doing anything yet are billionaires...its because they are smart and used the opportunity they had to their favour

And that is why some people can never leave the Govt at the Centre owing to the fact that their source of livelihood may be terminated as a fight back

Andy Uba though was reportedly bankrupt in US but is now a Billionaire...how did it happen? For sure I know he used his closeness to the seat of Power(OBJ) to bring in some companies who invested billions of dollars in some of our Oil Blocs while his interest has been factored inside their business plan....so would anyone say Andy Uba stole money from our coffer

Once again let EFCC,ICPC,GEJ,PDP fish out any evidence against Tinubu or you all forever hold your peace

I don tire for lazy folks jare

2 Likes

Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by sasview: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
"Gbogbo oro e tan nso mawobe Asiwaju"
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by ProfessorPeter(m): 12:14am On Sep 22, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

How infantile a statement this is? It can be very painful for most Tinubu haters to always see the guy waxing strong and growing from strenght to strenght

Pray Professor of falsehood, why do you all keep shouting looter,thief and corrupt whenever Tinubu's name is mentioned whereas your federal govt which controls all the intelligence and security apparati have not been able to manufacture even a whiff of evidence against him six years after being without immunity?

Most of you are never-do-wells who can't fathom the fact that Tinubu didn't just become rich in this political dispensation a fact that is known to the power brokers in this country including OBJ and all the Heads of State that have ruled us since in the late 80's

Its a pity that most of you became politically aware from 1999 hence just chanced in upon the name Tinubu cos he became the governor but those who knew Primrose group and PDM which later dissolved into SDP then know Tinubu wella....the fact remains that he was one of the major financiers of Chief Dapo Sarumi( who led the Primrose group then) for the Gov in 92 before he was disqualified alongside Femi Agbalajobi

Tinubu has been a major player in the Oil and Gas industry since the 80's despite the fact that he worked with Mobil

If any one of you is ever lucky to play/work in the Upstream n Downstream industry....it will not be difficult to build/know a network of investors and financiers who are willing to come into the country to invest but ALWAYS needs people who understand the terrain(Nigerians) to show them or link them with the Federal Govt hence those front-men/agents who are smart always insist on a certain percentage of the business as their stake for bringing those businesses to Nigeria.

So as long as those companies continue to operate in Nigeria till the world come to an end(as an on-going business concern), those linkmen will continue to make money

There are several Nigerians today who most of us lazily feel are not doing anything yet are billionaires...its because they are smart and used the opportunity they had to their favour

And that is why some people can never leave the Govt at the Centre owing to the fact that their source of livelihood may be terminated as a fight back

Andy Uba though was reportedly bankrupt in US but is now a Billionaire...how did it happen? For sure I know he used his closeness to the seat of Power(OBJ) to bring in some companies who invested billions of dollars in some of our Oil Blocs while his interest has been factored inside their business plan....so would anyone say Andy Uba stole money from our coffer

Once again let EFCC,ICPC,GEJ,PDP fish out any evidence against Tinubu or you all forever hold your peace

a leader must lead by positive examples. Does it mean that no Nigerian doctor can perform knee surgery? Does it mean that Lagos Hospital thatTinubu spent billions of naire to "built" and "equipped" cannot take care of him? This is the change APC promised us. Once again, charity begins abroad
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by ProfessorPeter(m): 12:24am On Sep 22, 2013
jliusadura: Your assertion is merely political. I see you as one of the ant-APC elements undecided
am a pastor, i believe in good governance. Late Abubakar Rimi was shot by armed robbers, he was rushed to Kano State hospital where he was a governor and there was no stretcher in the hospital. If APC promise us change, such change must start from the leaders
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 22, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

So your desperation to paint Tinubu in good light has made you call Andy Uba an honest Nigerian? How low can you get? You all are a pathetic lot..SMH
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by madamoringo(f): 4:37am On Sep 22, 2013
As well equipped as the LASG hospitals are, how about power being constant and predictable during the operation? What if there was a complication requiring him to be on some support system requiring power and the retardeen is yet to do something about it after 4 years of presidency? Well, you think generator...what if they are out of diesel and it is that time there is a shortage and queues for diesel? What if all of a sudden a blood transfusion is required and the blood banks that have that blood cannot deliver I on time due to huge go slows and bad roads on which the delivery transport can utilize?? So you can see it is not about some LASG hospital. There are just too many unpredictabilities in federal Nigeria that may make a private citizen like Tinubu to not risk his health under retardeen GEJs Nigeria. Even me when I come to Nigeria always try to get all the injections I need to prevent illnesses and buy my drugs and bring to Nigeria rather than trust the corrupt and inept government led by this retarclueless GEJ.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 22, 2013
utumunta:

So your desperation to paint Tinubu in good light has made you call Andy Uba an honest Nigerian? How low can you get? You all are a pathetic lot..SMH

If you are not fortunate enough to know some information about some people that is your own problem

So your definition of honesty means you have access to the president of Nigeria for 8yrs yet you will refuse to apply for a contract,help companies facilitate access to the presidency or help promote a business solution to nIgeria's problem through your vantage position( In all of these I have not advocated stealing,refusing to carry out the contract or doing shoddy job mind u)

The kind of work I do make me know about those things I said....I didn't manufacture those facts

Andy Uba worked as the SSA on Domestic Affairs to Obasanjo for 8yrs and he weilds enormous influence and power.so if you think he left Aso Rock a pauper and you want me to massage your ego by telling you he is corrupt? That's your palaver

The only issue being used to taint Andy is his junior brother Chris over what he represents in Anambra politics
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by Kairoseki77: 6:48am On Sep 22, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

Gbam!
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by jmaine: 8:00am On Sep 22, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

If you are not fortunate enough to know some information about some people that is your own problem

So your definition of honesty means you have access to the president of Nigeria for 8yrs yet you will refuse to apply for a contract,help companies facilitate access to the presidency or help promote a business solution to nIgeria's problem through your vantage position( In all of these I have not advocated stealing,refusing to carry out the contract or doing shoddy job mind u)

The kind of work I do make me know about those things I said....I didn't manufacture those facts

Andy Uba worked as the SSA on Domestic Affairs to Obasanjo for 8yrs and he weilds enormous influence and power.so if you think he left Aso Rock a pauper and you want me to massage your ego by telling you he is corrupt? That's your palaver

The only issue being used to taint Andy is his junior brother Chris over what he represents in Anambra politics

So Andy Uba is a very clean man, likewise OBJ and other politicians . . .gracias . . . . .
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 22, 2013
jmaine:

So Andy Uba is a very clean man, likewise OBJ and other politicians . . .gracias . . . . .

Its a pity most of us don't get it @ all and I probably won't break my head to explain stuffs which are way beyond your capacity to understand

All I have said might look like greek to some people but the fact remains what it is

Let me bore you with a lil story....I have a friend who resigned from one of the Banks(earning Net salary of N320k) after being appointed a PA to one of the Senators since being in Abuja, I know of a fact that he helped a construction company clinch a N1.8billion contract with a 2%(N36million) commission accruing to him for his effort. That is just a chap who works with 1 out of 109 senators

Now imagine what opportunity is available to an Andy Uba who had the eyes and ears of OBJ
As for your 'Very Clean Man' definition,you probably will get to heaven to see one

Mind you I am vehemently opposed to stealing,looting and corruption under any guise as a political appointee or elected individual but to think that doors of opportunity won't open to you is to be economical with the truth
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by jmaine: 10:44am On Sep 22, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

Its a pity most of us don't get it @ all and I probably won't break my head to explain stuffs which are way beyond your capacity to understand

All I have said might look like greek to some people but the fact remains what it is

Let me bore you with a lil story....I have a friend who resigned from one of the Banks(earning Net salary of N320k) after being appointed a PA to one of the Senators since being in Abuja, I know of a fact that he helped a construction company clinch a N1.8billion contract with a 2%(N36million) commission accruing to him for his effort. That is just a chap who works with 1 out of 109 senators

Now imagine what opportunity is available to an Andy Uba who had the eyes and ears of OBJ
As for your 'Very Clean Man' definition,you probably will get to heaven to see one

Mind you I am vehemently opposed to stealing,looting and corruption under any guise as a political appointee or elected individual but to think that doors of opportunity won't open to you is to be economical with the truth

Mr , You were not there to confirm if corrupt practices took place e.g ensuring only people who are willing to play ball win certain contracts devoid of their status of competency e.t.c . .

Hope you get our drift now . . . .If you are not the character in person, please do not vouch for anyone . . . .

Thanks . . .
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by amarilo: 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

Let me bore you with a lil story....I have a friend who resigned from one of the Banks(earning Net salary of N320k) after being appointed a PA to one of the Senators since being in Abuja, I know of a fact that he helped a construction company clinch a N1.8billion contract with a 2%(N36million) commission accruing to him for his effort. That is just a chap who works with 1 out of 109.
This your story is what we call corruption. That 36m he corned is suppose to be meant for another thing if the actual contract sum was not inflated to settle him. Do you think that the contractors paid him from from their Profit? In other to defend this politicians we can say anything. Those people we call corrupt politicians earn those money through this way. Inflating of contract sum to settle politicians is corruption .
Re: Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment by rozayx5(m): 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

Acts of Apostles
Question: Does Lagos not have a Hospital that can Operate on Tinubu grin

(1) (Reply)

Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President / Breaking News!!! Building Collapse On Etim Inyang Crescent, VI!! / National Carrier: Aero Changes Name To Nigerian Eagle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.