Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

engineering students forum - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / engineering students forum (6336 Views)

Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos / Engineering Students Forum::We Design, We Build, We Construct... / Kogi State University Students Forum On Facebook! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: engineering students forum by tosnat: 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
uzeba: i want to write jamb 2014, mech engr, pls unibem or aau ekpoma,

Both
Re: engineering students forum by tosnat: 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
DONMAYOR19: weed is bad, stop smoking it brother

A fresh student..jxt started the learning process.
Re: engineering students forum by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
dayo23: I think it all depends on the university, like in A.B.U Zaria.....Mech engineering is the toughest, Chemical is the sweetest, metal and material engineering are full of sadist hence no even 2nd class lower all na 3rd class,water and environmetal engineering no 1st class and 2nd class upper since 80s, Civil engineering is hell cos you fail one course then you automatically hav extra yr, Agric Engineering is hell, Electrical and computer engineering/Telecomm engineering is sweet but if you fail any course nah knockout b that cos nah automatic year some cases nah 2 yrs self like all those control engineering course. The point is engineering is the best field of study and you will enjoy it when you are in the field of practise and not study. I did my industrial attachment with NDPHC and i was in site all tru during which we constructed 132/33KV injection substation Apo Abuja, it was during the project i realised electrical is sweet most especially if you are majoring in power and machine.
Yeah in most Nig federal universities, mech is usually the toughest,but civil is always bulky and has more courses than any other department ,electrical/computer is cool then chemical has a lot of abstract formulas to memorize.
So with production.
During 0nes industrial training you come to realize that electrical is much more enjoyable than the others .
Re: engineering students forum by Capableben(m): 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
team chem engr
Re: engineering students forum by uceee(m): 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
You guys are doing good here. Well done
Re: engineering students forum by oladistinct(m): 11:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
jaryeh:

Hmmm,see big big names. God will help us sha.

Yea,which textbook will you recommend for me to start reading now? At least to get prepared for the challenges ahead cos ASUU is not helping matters at all o.

Thanks
bro, i dnt tink u av to worry much abt books nw cos al u'l do in ur first yr ar d basics; maths, physics and chemistry, except u'r d bookworm typ dt loves reading wat u'l do in ur part 2 upward, frm pt 1. Cnt rimemba d names of dose texts nw but frm my angle: wen we get to d bridge, we cros it. Save ur reading strength bro cos u'l nid more dan enuf. #my view anyways

1 Like

Re: engineering students forum by victorlexa(m): 6:12am On Oct 27, 2013
team civil engineering... it rocks
Re: engineering students forum by kenneyyice(m): 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
[color=#0000999]Gud day my fellow engineers, it seems u ppl are nt even talking abt my course [PETROLEUM ENGINEERING ] well, i just gained admission in2 uniben 2 study dat after searching 4 it for abt 3yrs. Pls, hw hard or simple is d course. And hw lucrative is it. In uniben, are they sadist in dat department[/color]
Re: engineering students forum by Kendzyma(m): 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
Iz it compulsory to b a guru in math rit frm second scul b4 venturin into engineering?? Or an averag math student can still make it to engineering?
Re: engineering students forum by uceee(m): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
Kendzyma: Iz it compulsory to b a guru in math rit frm second scul b4 venturin into engineering?? Or an averag math student can still make it to engineering?
To do well in engineering, you should be at least average in maths (You can improve from there). But performance is not the final judge. I hope you like mathematics?
Re: engineering students forum by Kendzyma(m): 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
uceee: To do well in engineering, you should be at least average in maths (You can improve from there). But performance is not the final judge. I hope you like mathematics?
yea sure...bt dnt do fmath in waec bt av a littl knowleg of it...som of my fwends dat am far off beta dan in math ar nw studing eng...so dat gav me d courag 2 work 2wards it...
Re: engineering students forum by uceee(m): 6:20pm On Oct 27, 2013
Kendzyma: yea sure...bt dnt do fmath in waec bt av a littl knowleg of it...som of my fwends dat am far off beta dan in math ar nw studing eng...so dat gav me d courag 2 work 2wards it...
You have no problem then. You'll be taught O' level F. Maths and more in your 1st year. So u'll still have the chance to learn as long as you have an aptitude for it. Before then, u can try reading some stuff on your own.
Re: engineering students forum by wisemania(m): 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
Kendzyma: yea sure...bt dnt do fmath in waec bt av a littl knowleg of it...som of my fwends dat am far off beta dan in math ar nw studing eng...so dat gav me d courag 2 work 2wards it...
welcome onboard oil-man...u cn strt reading now-mth110(algebra n element trig mixed wif complex num),mth112(calculus)....diz r 4d ist semester....den mth123 and mth125(ODE)....strt wit d 1st 2mths...its not diff if u can only study hrd...make frends wif sm1 dat haz surpassed dat level in order 2 gain access 2 d materials ud be nidin...*ugo enjoy pet engine*
Re: engineering students forum by fabby26(m): 6:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
Salzyswaag: Though chem eng is an emerging career,it versatility will increase in few years 2 come(especially in nigeria where dere are just few manufacturing industries) in addition 2 its wide range of application.think of it as chemistry and engineering(mechanical n electronics inclusive).
You are on point bro, the highest paid Engineers are Chemical Engineers all over the world according to U.S Engineers' Salary Survey carried out recently. Reasons
1.it is the most emerging field with new innovations coming up daily.

2. It is the most dynamic and versatile field of technology encapsulating Metabolic engineering, Pharmaceuticals, Biochemical Engineering, Genetic Engineering, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Food Processing Engineering, Agro-allied technology, Biomanufacturing........the list is endless.

3. Any Process that involves changes from raw materials into finished goods to storage down to the end user involve a Chemical Engineer.

4. It has more job prospects as new frontiers are emerging everyday in the near future.

Please don't get me wrong. Every aspect of Engineering is very good, but for more job prospects, I go for Chemical Engineering, though, due to the fact Nigeria is not an industrialized nation....so that role of Chemical Engineering is lacking, unlike industrialised nations. If not so, no matter the amount of Chemical Engineers, the manufacturing market will always absorb as much as many Chemical Engineers. But the good part of it is that you can just start up your own industry with little or no capital no matter how small.

I rep Chemical Engineering all the way
Motto: The Voice of Technology!
Re: engineering students forum by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 27, 2013
fabby26:
You are on point bro, the highest paid Engineers are Chemical Engineers all over the world according to U.S Engineers' Salary Survey carried out recently. Reasons
1.it is the most emerging field with new innovations coming up daily.

2. It is the most dynamic and versatile field of technology encapsulating Metabolic engineering, Pharmaceuticals, Biochemical Engineering, Genetic Engineering, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Food Processing Engineering, Agro-allied technology, Biomanufacturing........the list is endless.

3. Any Process that involves changes from raw materials into finished goods to storage down to the end user involve a Chemical Engineer.

4. It has more job prospects as new frontiers are emerging everyday in the near future.

Please don't get me wrong. Every aspect of Engineering is very good, but for more job prospects, I go for Chemical Engineering, though, due to the fact Nigeria is not an industrialized nation....so that role of Chemical Engineering is lacking. If not so, no matter the amount of Chemical Engineers, the manufacturing market will always absorb as much as many Chemical Engineers. But the good part of it is that you can just start up your own industry no matter small.

I rep Chemical Engineering all the.....
Motto: The Voice of Technology!
mehn I'm in love with this write up atleast it has given me confidence a little bit. I'm a newly admitted chemical engineering student in Uniben and so many peeps are saying that it's not a good course to study in Uniben.
Re: engineering students forum by jaryeh(m): 7:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
oladistinct: bro, i dnt tink u av to worry much abt books nw cos al u'l do in ur first yr ar d basics; maths, physics and chemistry, except u'r d bookworm typ dt loves reading wat u'l do in ur part 2 upward, frm pt 1. Cnt rimemba d names of dose texts nw but frm my angle: wen we get to d bridge, we cros it. Save ur reading strength bro cos u'l nid more dan enuf. #my view anyways

Ok sir, I get.

Everyone in the house,please let's all do all we can to make this thread lively,informing and educating . Thanks
Re: engineering students forum by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
Electrical all the way grin

Fed. Poly. Ilaro
Re: engineering students forum by Kendzyma(m): 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
uceee: You have no problem then. You'll be taught O' level F. Maths and more in your 1st year. So u'll still have the chance to learn as long as you have an aptitude for it. Before then, u can try reading some stuff on your own.
tanx for dat sire
Re: engineering students forum by Kendzyma(m): 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2013
wisemania:
welcome onboard oil-man...u cn strt reading now-mth110(algebra n element trig mixed wif complex num),mth112(calculus)....diz r 4d ist semester....den mth123 and mth125(ODE)....strt wit d 1st 2mths...its not diff if u can only study hrd...make frends wif sm1 dat haz surpassed dat level in order 2 gain access 2 d materials ud be nidin...*ugo enjoy pet engine*
tnx man...iz td also compulsory der cous I dnt do td in second scul o and I dnt tink I can learn it all by myself at om...my question iz...wen I get der...will I b abl to cope or catch up wit td I mean after seekin elp frm peopl in d scul and with few lectures...iz it posibl to no it by dat...cous I learnt most eng did td rit frm second scul and also waec
Re: engineering students forum by Calculusfx: 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
Kendzyma: tnx man...iz td also compulsory der cous I dnt do td in second scul o and I dnt tink I can learn it all by myself at om...my question iz...wen I get der...will I b abl to cope or catch up wit td I mean after seekin elp frm peopl in d scul and with few lectures...iz it posibl to no it by dat...cous I learnt most eng did td rit frm second scul and also waec
...we are almost the same bro...i never knew what furthermaths was when i was in sec.school...likewise td...i represent mechanical engineering...UNIBEN...fresher...
Re: engineering students forum by Calculusfx: 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2013
wisemania:
...my brother,i'm uniben mechanical engineer...fresher,and with ur texts.you are an engineer studying in uniben...can you pls help me on some stuffs...like guiding?
Re: engineering students forum by fabby26(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2013
Obeni precious: mehn I'm in love with this write up atleast it has given me confidence a little bit. I'm a newly admitted chemical engineering student in Uniben and so many peeps are saying that it's not a good course to study in Uniben.

Bro, I will say it again and again. Chemical Engineering is the very best as far as I'm concerned.
Chemical Engineering, Uniport
Re: engineering students forum by wisemania(m): 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
Kendzyma: tnx man...iz td also compulsory der cous I dnt do td in second scul o and I dnt tink I can learn it all by myself at om...my question iz...wen I get der...will I b abl to cope or catch up wit td I mean after seekin elp frm peopl in d scul and with few lectures...iz it posibl to no it by dat...cous I learnt most eng did td rit frm second scul and also waec
dnt be afraid bro,d 2ruth is wen u get der ud definately cope,but ill advice strongly dat u get a gud maths txt bk ryt about 4rm any wr possible(e.g ordinary engine maths by HK dass/business maths/pure maths by bunday)...eida of dis books will put u 2ru f.maths,coz no lecurer will explain in details 2u,dey will asume u alredy have d basics wif u...just get bunday @least,it will du u real gud,and dnt under-estimate engine math by stroud its also a great deal 4 beginners ,well equiped wif all u nid 2 surpass mth110, it also treats complex number 2 d reqired level....try dem out and ur maths life will neva remain d xame again.. *1 10v3*
Re: engineering students forum by babaajala: 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
is there any engr student in agbami scholarship in da house?
Re: engineering students forum by wisemania(m): 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2013
Calculusf(x):
...my brother,i'm uniben mechanical engineer...fresher,and with ur texts.you are an engineer studying in uniben...can you pls help me on some stuffs...like guiding?
from ur username its like uve got a gr8 deal of calculus forshesprin goin well 4u...kip d spirit high,solve as mch probs u encounter..ppls du hype phy111 greatly but no fear coz men dey nack am A wella...juz try n get ist semester's txts ,read and solve d exercises dat follow suit...try n get PQ as well..infact u dnt av 2 stress ur slf dat mch,coz wen u rezume u go c enof materials tire ...*my2cents*
Re: engineering students forum by OMA4U(m): 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
I hail all Engineering students in the house.

Engineering, term applied to the profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences, gained by study, experience, and practice, is applied to the efficient use of the materials and forces of nature.

Engineering, quite interesting, but brain tasking and challenging.

I belong to the Machine members!
Re: engineering students forum by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 28, 2013
OMA4U: I hail all Engineering students in the house.

Engineering, term applied to the profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences, gained by study, experience, and practice, is applied to the efficient use of the materials and forces of nature.

Engineering, quite interesting, but brain tasking and challenging.

I belong to the Machine members!

grin grin grin grin welcome. Whats ur level and wich school?
Re: engineering students forum by dayo23(f): 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2013
Capableben:

oga me, u dey a.b.u?
Confirmed ABUsite! Rep Elect/computer Engineering
Re: engineering students forum by dayo23(f): 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2013
Capableben: i also wana apply for chemical engineering come 2014. Thinkin of A.B.U OR FUTMINNA.......... HOPE AM ON THE RIGHT PATH?
guy no waste time, Come A.B.U Zaria. There chemical Engineering is too sweet even the PTDF chairman na alumni member so scholarship dey com there like water.
Re: engineering students forum by Calculusfx: 7:59am On Oct 29, 2013
wisemania:
dnt be afraid bro,d 2ruth is wen u get der ud definately cope,but ill advice strongly dat u get a gud maths txt bk ryt about 4rm any wr possible(e.g ordinary engine maths by HK dass/business maths/pure maths by bunday)...eida of dis books will put u 2ru f.maths,coz no lecurer will explain in details 2u,dey will asume u alredy have d basics wif u...just get bunday @least,it will du u real gud,and dnt under-estimate engine math by stroud its also a great deal 4 beginners ,well equiped wif all u nid 2 surpass mth110, it also treats complex number 2 d reqired level....try dem out and ur maths life will neva remain d xame again.. *1 10v3*
Re: engineering students forum by Calculusfx: 8:00am On Oct 29, 2013
wisemania:
...hmmm,i love this my brother,but it's not good enough,how would you recommend h.k.dass for a fresher(though i have never seen the textbook before but i know it's advanced oaths textbook),what i can just ask the person to get engineering maths by k.a stroud...but he should not plan of buying pure mathematics by bunday for now...coz bunday wrote his own as if schaum outline series write theirs...the ways you can become a maths guru are
1.get a fundamental math textbooks for now before progressing to higher ones
2.move very close to those who know it(though nobody knows it,it just depends on the aspect one is)
3.get exposed to questions...but the above of all is ur determination and interest on it...
Re: engineering students forum by Calculusfx: 8:08am On Oct 29, 2013
wisemania:
from ur username its like uve got a gr8 deal of calculus forshesprin goin well 4u...kip d spirit high,solve as mch probs u encounter..ppls du hype phy111 greatly but no fear coz men dey nack am A wella...juz try n get ist semester's txts ,read and solve d exercises dat follow suit...try n get PQ as well..infact u dnt av 2 stress ur slf dat mch,coz wen u rezume u go c enof materials tire ...*my2cents*
...even people have been intimidating me on physics111 before i wrote my postutme...but i never get scared,i'm a mathematician by passion,i shouldn't get afraid of physics...i love this bro...more power and power again...i pray we all succeed...i'm just bothered on td...coz i don't know anything in it,but i believe that if i'm being taught,i will surely comprehend...but i need help of people like you to put me through,i don't know much on mathematics ooo,i just pray i do better...pls,mail me at omoyeleolalekanjacob@gmail.com sir...

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Direct Admission For Nurses Into University Of Ibadan / Pls Who Can Solve this primary 6 steps to Quantitative reasoning? / Watch a nairalander debate Should skills acquisition be mandatory for tertiary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.