Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,434 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest (1433 Views)

Dont Be Decieved By The Likes On Nairaland Comment, Seun Is In Charge. / Nairaland's Best Comment Of The Year, Pictures . / Nairaland’s Comment Of The Week - Sept, 15-21-2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by Dejiro(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
Introduction
I am a regular visitor to Nairaland and I have often wondered why some members are not obeying the Nairaland rules. As part of my contribution to the Nairaland community, I am commencing a series of Weekly and Monthly award under 2 categories;

• Nairaland’s Comment of the Week
• Nairaland’s Comment of the Month

The purpose of this scheme is to encourage Nairalanders to:
1. Obey Nairaland’s rules
2. Type in Understandable English Language.
3. Use short and concise sentences.
4. Stick to the topic of discourse rather than derailing a thread.

Modalities

Comment of the Week
• Nairalanders will be able to suggest Comments by posting the nairaland’s page URL, the username and the time of submission of a suggested comment.
• Accepted Comments will be included as part of the contesting Comments for the week.
• Suggestions for the comment of the Week will close by 9pm, Saturday of every week.
• Voting will commence afterwards and closes by 9pm, every Sunday.
• Our typical week commences on Sunday and closes on Saturday.

Comment of the Month
• All winning Comments of the Week will be polled for Nairalanders to determine the Comment of the Month.
• The Thread for ‘Comment of the Month’ will open for voting to commence as soon as the Winner of the last ‘Comment of the Week’ for that Month is picked.
• Voting will close 2 days into the following month and the winner of the Comment of the Month will be announced immediately.

Please note
• All suggested comments must; obey Nairaland’s rules 1-21, be in understandable English Language, must not be more than 60 words or 250 characters and must stick to the topic of its discourse.
• There is currently no monetary reward for the winners.
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2013
You get time shah. Which kind competition be dis?
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
Laudable idea....but things like this on NL always get messed up with multiple account holders...
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
we are not interested
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by malc619(m): 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
OP don't waste your time.

Only the Mods can execute such an idea and they're not interested.

Nice idea though...
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by osaroodion(m): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
Op good idea. Don't mind all dis MONREAL trying to discourage u. There r two kinds of people in this world; those who want to say sometin and those who have something to say. Those haters just wanna say rAAbish. I second u JAWE. Ur on point.
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by malc619(m): 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2013
osaroodion: Op good idea. Don't mind all dis MONREAL trying to discourage u. There r two kinds of people in this world; those who want to say sometin and those who have something to say. Those haters just wanna say rAAbish. I second u JAWE. Ur on point.

Keep encouraging the OP to waste his time... I sorry for you. Seems you're new here...
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by Dejiro(m): 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
Thanks for all the positive comments, the first edition is already available at the link below. The Op is welcome to take over this at any any time.

https://www.nairaland.com/1448483/nairaland-comment-week-sept-15-21-2013
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by osaroodion(m): 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2013
malc619:

Keep encouraging the OP to waste his time... I sorry for you. Seems you're new here...

Are u a learner? Doesn't the op have freedom of trial. Y don't u check my profile and see who's new here blw u and I. There is no law against trying. Until u have tried, don't say I can't. Learn from dis bro, u really need it.

I believe we all should encourage things like this. I believe in inventions. I believe it took the op time to reason and come up with such great idea, now it only took u some letters to try to discourage him. MONREAL
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by akpomeme(m): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
Funnicator: You get time shah. Which kind competition be dis?

Nairaland tinz
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2013
yungwitch: we are not interested
oyiboyi
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by malc619(m): 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2013
grin grin grin

I forgot ASUU is yet to call off their strike.

OP and his sidekicks should please continue. After all an idle mind they say is the Devil's workshop...
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by osaroodion(m): 2:26am On Sep 22, 2013
We need to sometimes
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by osaroodion(m): 2:29am On Sep 22, 2013
We really need to

Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by ichidodo: 6:35am On Sep 22, 2013
O.p i hope you are not yoruba?
Re: Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest by amAZEing: 7:03am On Sep 22, 2013
I hope it will allow other posters to spice it up widda NL Flavour as usual. No Dull Moments

(1) (Reply)

In Pictures: Nigerian Police, Air Force, Aib, Lasema Argue Over Who Takes Agagu' / President Jonathan, Sambo, Undergo Medical Check Up In Aso Villa / One Man’s Shit, Another Man’s Treasure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.