Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,143 members, 7,849,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:29 AM

Does The Nigerian Military Take Part In Disaster Relief? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does The Nigerian Military Take Part In Disaster Relief? (468 Views)

Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / Would You Support Military Take Over / Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does The Nigerian Military Take Part In Disaster Relief? by IdomaLikita: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
Hey Guys! I was Watching TV with my Mum this Evening when We Saw The News about "Hurricane Manuel" and how Soldiers were Involved in Relief Work! And She turned to me and asked me Why Nigerian Soldiers do not participate in Relief Duties!
During Last Year's Massive Flooding in various States of the Country, Nigerian Soldiers despite their Numerical Strength and Training were CONSPICUOUSLY ABSENT from Disaster Relief Duties leaving Everything to NEMA!
The Airforce and Navy did Not Avail any of their Crafts for Citizen Evacuation, etc!
Everything was left to NEMA which was apparently Overwhelmed!

How can Citizens love a Military whose role is only Comabatant and doesn't Help in times of Disaster?
How can Civilian-Military Relationship and Respect improve when Nigerians see their Soldiers as Oppressors only?
Does our Constitution Forbid our Military from Intervening in Disaster Relief within the Country?
Is the Military so Overstretched that it cannot volunteer a few staff to help their Compatriots in need?
NLers! What do you think??

(1) (Reply)

Milestone Achievement In The Digital Transformation Programme Of Ekiti State / Who Is Trying To Resurrect Shekau / Zamfara Women Protest Over Scarcity Of Husbands: What Is Responsible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.