Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,342 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? (11056 Views)

UK Set To Remove "God Save The Queen" From National Anthem. / What is the most inspiring National Anthem in Africa ? / World Cup Anthem Controversy:south Africans Unhappy About Selection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by TerryCarr(m): 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
From me i think South Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9g9GdtDT9Y

i also think Kenya's is awesome too because it sounds unique grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RRLLaq2VM8
Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by onila(f): 5:59am On Sep 25, 2013
u got it right

kenya and south Africa

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 25, 2013
Cameroon and only Cameroon .composed by Cameroonians for Cameroonians . EOD
Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 25, 2013
Yes the South African national anthem is indeed the best in Africa,

Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika
Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika
English: Lord Bless Africa
National anthem of
South Africa
Tanzania
Zambia
Lyrics
Enoch Sontonga, 1897
Music
Enoch Sontonga, 1897
Adopted
1961 (Tanzania)
1964 (Zambia)
1994 (South Africa)
"Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika" ("Lord Bless Africa" in Xhosa), was originally composed as a hymn in 1897 by Enoch Sontonga, a teacher at a Methodist mission school in Johannesburg, to the tune 'Aberystwyth' by Joseph Parry. The song became a pan-African liberation anthem and was later adopted as the national anthem of five countries in Africa including Zambia,Tanzania, Namibia and Zimbabwe after independence. Zimbabwe and Namibia have since adopted new national anthems.

The song is currently the national anthem of Tanzania, Zambia and since 1994, a portion of the national anthem of South
Africa.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by abubaka101: 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
every nation had sumtin in mind wen dey chose dre anthems. therefore I don't think it's wise to say one's anthem is d best.
Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by Horus(m): 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Cameroon and only Cameroon .composed by Cameroonians for Cameroonians . EOD

Post the video of your National Anthem
Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by Horus(m): 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
Horus:

Post the video of your National Anthem
Later in the night
Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by preeky: 6:47am On Oct 01, 2013
Kenya national anthem has the best tune.You need to listen when they raise their flag after winning gold the instruments are just too awesome.The composer was on point.good music
Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2013
i dont know.

i've only heard one tongue

*will listen to some later and give an answer
Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
lwkmd! kenya's sound like Bach or Mozart classical music grin grin

wait why are you guyses posting vids with no lyrics? angry
Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by TerryCarr(m): 12:17am On Oct 02, 2013
*Kails*:
lwkmd! kenya's sound like Bach or Mozart classical music grin grin

wait why are you guyses posting vids with no lyrics? angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTOWahECzkE
Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by AmenhotepZuid: 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
cheesy grin
BEST NATIONAL ANTHEM IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!FACT. cry cry cry cry cry

Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by tck2000(m): 10:28am On Jul 13, 2019
We need to change ours

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? by SmellingAnus(m): 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2019
For me it's the South African Anthem...

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attack:nigeria Provides Emergency Number For Distressed Nigeria In SA / Missile Threat: Boris Johnson Lied Or Didn't Understand - Putin's Press Sec / ECOWAS Suspends Burkina Faso Following Coup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.