Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,891 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Is The Catholic Church Evil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Catholic Church Evil? (2301 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Catholic Church Evil? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
many people especially Protestants claim that they left the Catholic church because it is evil and their doctrine is evil. my aunt recently left the catholic church after years of being a strong Catholic and follower of father Mbaka!!! me as a Catholic I strongly believe that there's nothing wrong with our doctrine! what's your take?
Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by Taiwo20(m): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
idk
Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by nekaa(f): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
Everyman for himself
Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by italo: 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
Many people left Jesus too. Dont you think those who left Jesus would only have evil things to say about Jesus?
Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by Nomski0(f): 2:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
Can you stop them from saying its evil No
Has it stopped people from beliving in its teachings No
Has it stopped it from growing No
Has it stopped catholics from experiencing miracles and breakthrough No.

Stop bothering yourself, if you believe and know they're not evil.......why should others opinion matter?

Happy Sunday
Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by SalC: 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
robian1: many people especially Protestants claim that they left the Catholic church because it is evil and their doctrine is evil. my aunt recently left the catholic church after years of being a strong Catholic and follower of father Mbaka!!! me as a Catholic I strongly believe that there's nothing wrong with our doctrine! what's your take?
No is the answer. As they are leaving, others are coming in to take their place. We welcome almost ten new members in our church today.
Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by Samunique(m): 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
Am not a member of catholic, but catholic is not evil! The body of christ is one regardless of the denomination and doctrine.

In as much we still use the same bible and preach the same Jesus we are one.

Having said that, i can testify as a penticostalist that catholiic has done so much for the world than any other denominations, though they av their own shortcomings as well as other demonations also, we are not yet perfect as a chuch, but are working toward perfection, and there's no perfection without mistakes. Ok? Read Eph 4:11-16.

Conclusion.

Catholic is not evil. It is the people that shld beware of what they do. And let them also watch out for this new Pope that want to be a friend of everybody!!! Friendship with the world is an enemity with God says the bible.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by mascot87(m): 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
I remembered a woman that left the Catholic church for so many years, then suddenly she retraced her step back to the church and she was so pleased to be back into the Catholic church family.She went for confession,she was given her penance and she started receiving the HOLY COMMUNION. It's not up to 3 months, d woman died but before she died she confessed to be glad to have retraced her step back to the church.On her sick bed, the priest gave her the HOLY COMMUNION and she smiled.She died happily smiley
If anyone say the Catholic church is evil, well all I can say is that I was born into the Catholic church and with the number of years that I have been privileged to live on earth and still counting,I haven't seen any evil in the Catholic church

1 Like

Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by italo: 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
^^^me too
Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by EvilBrain1(m): 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
One of the major reasons people think it's evil is that the Catholic church is the world's largest child rȃpe organisation by a huge margin. The church itself admitted to having 4,392 confirmed child molesting priests in the US alone as at 2002. Not only do they allow their employees to rȃpe children, they also provide a safe haven for them, help rapists move around different parishes whenever they are caught, they pressurise and settle victims and family members to keep them quiet, and have been systematically covering up child rȃpe cases for at least 60 years. Of those 4,392 molesters, only about 5% of them had ever been convicted thanks to the cover-up. Most continued to practice as priests with full access to children for years after the church was first notified of their abuses.

The church is basically just a criminal organisation specializing in child rȃpe nowadays. and this is a world wide problem. I personally know people who have admitted to me that they were abused by priests as children right here in Nigeria. We are only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

But If you don't see anything wrong with child rȃpe, I guess the church is okay.

1 Like

Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by babestell(f): 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
^^^ evil genuis, tongue tongue tongue tongue
Rant all you want.....the gates of hell will never prevail.
@poster, the Church as the Bride of Christ is not and can never be evil. The people who make up the church can be evil,

1 Like

Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
Evil Brain: One of the major reasons people think it's evil is that the Catholic church is the world's largest child rȃpe organisation by a huge margin. The church itself admitted to having 4,392 confirmed child molesting priests in the US alone as at 2002. Not only do they allow their employees to rȃpe children, they also provide a safe haven for them, help rapists move around different parishes whenever they are caught, they pressurise and settle victims and family members to keep them quiet, and have been systematically covering up child rȃpe cases for at least 60 years. Of those 4,392 molesters, only about 5% of them had ever been convicted thanks to the cover-up. Most continued to practice as priests with full access to children for years after the church was first notified of their abuses.

The church is basically just a criminal organisation specializing in child rȃpe nowadays. and this is a world wide problem. I personally know people who have admitted to me that they were abused by priests as children right here in Nigeria. We are only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

But If you don't see anything wrong with child rȃpe, I guess the church is okay.

dude take several seats!!!! you can't use the action of some sinful people in the church to condemn the whole church!! if you put it that way then what about the fake pastors in the Protestant churches? that means being a Protestant is evil!! please go and sit down! you can repost when you have a meaningful point

1 Like

Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by EvilBrain1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
babestell: ^^^ evil genuis, tongue tongue tongue tongue
Rant all you want.....the gates of hell will never prevail.

@poster, the Church as the Bride of Christ is not and can never be evil. The people who make up the church can be evil,

So what you are saying is not even the devil can stop you guys from rȃping children?

[img]http://3.bp..com/-FaZkJi1tcBI/UT5oJv2bIGI/AAAAAAAAAnM/6qYmdzTdDgk/s1600/catholic-clergy-pedophile-mafia.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/_z1JyBxIESm8/S3Kh_QvRikI/AAAAAAAAJnk/4QxBD1BUENs/s400/hypocrisy-hypocrisy-church-pope-pedophilia-birth-control-bli-demotivational-poster-1242636987.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/_MA1Ddr4LDmk/SvyaB0CNORI/AAAAAAAAFwE/tUwjd1YuVdA/s400/pedophile-priests1.png[/img]

[img]http://t.qkme.me/3674l2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.qkme.me/3pgryd.jpg[/img]
Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by italo: 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
Blessed be the Holy Mother Church.
Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by EvilBrain1(m): 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
robian1: dude take several seats!!!! you can't use the action of some sinful people in the church to condemn the whole church!! if you put it that way then what about the fake pastors in the Protestant churches? that means being a Protestant is evil!! please go and sit down! you can repost when you have a meaningful point

The pȇdophilia scandal is not so much about the actions of the pȇdophile priests themselves. It is more about the fact that the Catholic church as an organisation was systematically protecting the molesters, covering up their activities and allowing them to continue raping children. The senior catholic hierarchy were all aware of what was happening and for decades, they participated in the conspiracy. There is a mountain of evidence implicating your "pope emeritus" Joseph Ratzinger as the de-facto leader of the plot and he is now hiding in the Vatican to avoid prosecution for his crimes. The soon to be saint John Paul II protected and promoted pȇdophiles throughout his reign. Countless archdiocese all over the world have been implicated in covering up child abuse allowing pȇdophile to extend their careers for decades and retire in comfort.

The church has shown no respect for the children who were being abused, their parents or its lay membership. It is a normal thing for them to post a known pȇdophile to a parish full of children without even thinking of warning the parents or limiting the pervert's access to children. Parents who find out their children have been molested get pressured into keeping quiet about it. Those who refuse get shunned. The church's only priority has always been to protect itself and its priests no matter how many innocent children have to suffer as a result.

Make no mistake, it is the church itself that is evil. There can be pȇdophiles in any organisation. But the only one that protects, pampers and makes life easy for them is the Roman Catholic Church.

1 Like

Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by bizmahn: 10:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
They should have been among the very best save for their idolization of mary & other dead saints plus numerous wrong doctrines.Pope Francis isn't making it any better lately with his gay,abortion & atheist speeches.Don't be decieved by their POPULATION cos hell is densely populated too.... narrow is the way...FEW that be that find it.matt.7:14
Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by italo: 5:46am On Sep 23, 2013
Perhaps the Holy Spirit inspired Elizabeth to idolize Mary abi?

And why do you insist the saints are dead when the Master says they "will never die?"

What evil has Pope Francis done?

First non-Catholics pretend they dont listen to our Pope...then suddenly they are complaining about what he said.

Dudes, if only Francis is wrong, how come you were not obeying his predecessors who were right?

Y'all are just confused, arent ya?
Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by bizmahn: 7:26am On Sep 23, 2013
italo: Perhaps the Holy Spirit inspired Elizabeth to idolize Mary abi?

And why do you insist the saints are dead when the Master says they "will never die?"

First non-Catholics pretend they dont listen to our Pope...then suddenly they are complaining about what he said.

Dudes, if only Francis is wrong, how come you were not obeying his predecessors who were right?

Y'all are just confused, arent ya?
Lets suppose Elizabeth idolized Mary according to you(though we both know she didn't), did she go ahead idolizing Mary all the days of her life as catholics do or was it a momentary acknowlegdement for Mary as was done to many others in the bible? did she make chaplet beads & statue of Mary to pray through her all the days of her life?
So you agree pope Francis did wrong & in your view the former popes didn't.Did the former popes idolize mary,preach purgatory,sold indulgencies,killed "heretics" that dared to follow the undiluted bible & question their evil practises? So they were right in your view.I know you'll argue but you know you can't drag me into it.
Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by italo: 8:28am On Sep 23, 2013
bizmahn:
Lets suppose Elizabeth idolized Mary according to you(though we both know she didn't),

I never said she idolized Mary. I know the meaning of idol, unlike you.
bizmahn:
did she go ahead idolizing Mary all the days of her life as catholics do or was it a momentary acknowlegdement for Mary as was done to many others in the bible?

"Whence is this to me that the Mother of my Lord should come to me?"--Elizabeth.

"Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb."--Elizabeth.

"Henceforth, ALL generations shall call me blessed."--Mary.

Were Mary and the fruit of her womb only blessed momentarily?
bizmahn:
did she make chaplet beads & statue of Mary to pray through her all the days of her life?

I dont know. The Bible doesnt say she made or didnt make chaplets or statues. Even if she didnt, that doesnt make statues and chaplets wrong any more than reading the Bible is wrong because Elizabeth never read a Bible.

Did Elizabeth have her Father's picture? Do you have your father's picture? Yes. IDOLATRY! IDOLATRY!

Rubbish.
bizmahn:
So you agree pope Francis did wrong & in your view the former popes didn't.
I never agreed to the above. Maybe you need to sharpen your comprehension skills.
bizmahn:
Did the former popes idolize mary,preach purgatory,sold indulgencies,killed "heretics" that dared to follow the undiluted bible & question their evil practises? So they were right in your view.I know you'll argue but you know you can't drag me into it.

All the Popes have always affirmed the same doctrine that Christ left the first Pope (Peter) and continues to teach his Church through the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by italo: 8:47am On Sep 23, 2013
You failed to answer these questions:

Re: Is The Catholic Church Evil? by rapmike(m): 8:14am On Oct 15, 2013
robian1: many people especially Protestants claim that they left the Catholic church because it is evil and their doctrine is evil. my aunt recently left the catholic church after years of being a strong Catholic and follower of father Mbaka!!! me as a Catholic I strongly believe that there's nothing wrong with our doctrine! what's your take?
Who said dat? I may hav left d catholic church 4 personal reasons but i can neva say that d Catholic church is evil because

1) My mum is a Catholic and i dnt see her do anything evil

2) Throughout my time in d Catholic Church i saw nothing evil in everyting they did(controversial yes, evil no)

3) i have a couple of Catholic frnds ,i hav nt seen anything evil abt them.

Maybe ur aunt dat left was disgruntled ova d politics in organisations like CWO and co, or she left because she cnt acept sum tinz and she is surely being influenced by sm1else.

(1) (Reply)

42 Prayer Points To Tackle This Year 2015 By Dr D.k Olukoya / Is It Right For A Christian To Call Someone A Fool Or Not? / Is The Religion We Have Really Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.