Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,294 members, 7,954,171 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf (1540 Views)

Who Are Problems Of This Country In Terms Of Corruption(politians/civil Servants / What Is The Problem Of The Northern Politians? / Another T.B Joshua Prophecy: There Will Be A Plane Crash Involving Politians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by cutievik: 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dear Nigerians,I write this so all who had the love of the nigerian military would knw what we are going through as our lives are willing wasted because of inadequate platform procurment,OPERATION BOYONA currently going on in MDGR:We operate in a terrian full of IED's,Ambushes,RGP's and Anti aircraft guns in summary a war zone and yet we are given hilux to patrol these hot beds,for every police van you see ridden with bullets know it that brave soliders died,even bullet proof vest for most policemen and soliders are denied from them in a volitle enviroment like borno state,if these can not be provided for our gallent men who stand on guard be it under the sun or rain to keep watch aganist Boko haram at let us be well armed,How can you fight a man who is ready to die armed with IED's,RGPKs and GPMG with an AK47 not even an AK74 Nigerians is it possible?,The recent attack in Beniserk which is about 80KM's from MDGR Boko haram came with light amoured tanks,RGP,GPMG,ROCKET LAUNCHERS,and about 20 trucks full of harden combatants yet we stood our ground for some time on just our AK's waiting air support but where was it? We had none!,they raided our base,took an APC,and and some military trucks,killed our collegues,wounded many even I.Nigerians please stand with us on this we are ready to die fighting to make sure our father's land remains but please ring the bell of change so our politians would hear,we need MRAP to patrol hot spots,we need air support,govt should as a matter of urgency accquire more armed heliocopters,our alpha jet is old and unreliable,please share this,our lives are taken for granted!
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by solid3(m): 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
May God grant u strength and protection.
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by ogb5(m): 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
By your long essay in just one paragraph, I really believe you a a soldier in war front.

I pray the politicians hear your cry.

But I think the problem is with your fellow military folks. There should be minimum standard of equipment and weapons to made available and maintained before commencing a military operation. The President has declared a state of emergency and given the military the order to use all necessary force to bring the enemy to book, certainly you do not need a politicians order for the airforce to respond to a call for air support.

Cetainly Nigeria military has Armoured personnel carriers, I don't think they need presidential permission to deploy them to protect their men in the field.
My prayer is with you people and I pray for your safety, but tell your military generals to plan and execute their operations like true generals.
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by iamtheprincipal: 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
Your president is busy with his 2015 ambition, my friend.
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by egift(m): 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
OP: If you can post strategic pictures for your message to have weight. (Please avoid taking personal pictures).
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by cutievik: 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
@ogb5..........you have a point but the truth remains only you and the good people of Nigeria can help us call both the Generals and politicians to order wwith your voices in the online media a change would come,
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
frontpage pls
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by Brimmie(m): 6:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
illitrate: frontpage pls

Na So FrontPage Useless Reach!? undecided
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by validplanet: 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
This is not a good situation. and the senators and presidency think they are safe in abuja?
btw dont the defense hdqtrs know it takes to effectively combat bokoharam? which risk the lives of patriotic nigerians unnecessarily? is it there is no money? unfortunately, it appears soldiers cant go on strike like ASUU.
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by IdomaLikita: 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
Jonathan, Please Take This Seriously! I beg you!
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by malele(m): 6:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
cutievik:
Dear Nigerians,I write this so all who had the love of the nigerian military would knw what we are going through as our lives are willing wasted because of inadequate platform procurment,OPERATION BOYONA currently going on in MDGR:We operate in a terrian full of IED's,Ambushes,RGP's and Anti aircraft guns in summary a war zone and yet we are given hilux to patrol these hot beds,for every police van you see ridden with bullets know it that brave soliders died,even bullet proof vest for most policemen and soliders are denied from them in a volitle enviroment like borno state,if these can not be provided for our gallent men who stand on guard be it under the sun or rain to keep watch aganist Boko haram at let us be well armed,How can you fight a man who is ready to die armed with IED's,RGPKs and GPMG with an AK47 not even an AK74 Nigerians is it possible?,The recent attack in Beniserk which is about 80KM's from MDGR Boko haram came with light amoured tanks,RGP,GPMG,ROCKET LAUNCHERS,and about 20 trucks full of harden combatants yet we stood our ground for some time on just our AK's waiting air support but where was it? We had none!,they raided our base,took an APC,and and some military trucks,killed our collegues,wounded many even I.Nigerians please stand with us on this we are ready to die fighting to make sure our father's land remains but please ring the bell of change so our politians would hear,we need MRAP to patrol hot spots,we need air support,govt should as a matter of urgency acquire more armed helicopters,our alpha jet is old and unreliable,please share this,our lives are taken for granted!

My broda, the devil has taken the heart of these politicians, dey don't care for anything only there loot.
My broda always read psalm 91 before going for patrol.
God will save ur life and that of ur colleagues trying to make this country save.
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by malele(m): 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
13 volts said something like this, that the bombs the air force drops don't explored. Really this country is doomed.
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by kenbee(f): 6:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Honestly, I think its high time we call them to order especially Rotimi Amaechi, Nyeso wike, Ubas, Tukur, National body of PDP, Ekiti APC, Anambra PDP, Rivers Assembly, National Assembly & House of Rep and GEJ.

it seems GEJ has already called Madam PEJ to order.

But wait oh! make u na no count me join for those who go call Boko haram & Ombatse to order oh!
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
What then do they buy with their hundreds of billions budget? What does the Nigeria Airforce do if they cant provide air support in just 3 states under SOE? The 5 alpha jets commissioned the other day, where is it? The armed helicopters commissioned by the president, where is it?
http://www.ynaija.com/battle-ready-we-are-in-a-trying-moment-jonathan-commissions-7-helicopters-500-patrol-vans-more/

Sometimes its not even buying these equipments, it is about having the right people with right training and frame of mind to put them to use. But basic minimum MUST be provided. All the pot-bellied men in the military leadership and ministry of defence should better remedy the situation. This is why I hate to see either police or military men with pot belly. The NASS should hear this and ask the questions. My brother, I wish you guys God's protection. I'm even fed up with this Boko Haram madness. How was Boko Haram able to gather such magnitude of man and materials in a state under SOE and military lock down? I'm tired of discussing Boko Haram.

Meanwhile, operation BOYONA was only created in last August. How comes its already lacking basics few days into the operation?
@OP, I hope when you too becomes oga, you'll remember to do the RIGHT thing.
Re: Breaking News:nigerians Please Call Our Politians To Order-nairaland Jtf by validplanet: 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What then do they buy with their hundreds of billions budget? What does the Nigeria Airforce do if they cant provide air support in just 3 states under SOE? The 5 alpha jets commissioned the other day, where is it? The armed helicopters commissioned by the president, where is it?
http://www.ynaija.com/battle-ready-we-are-in-a-trying-moment-jonathan-commissions-7-helicopters-500-patrol-vans-more/

Sometimes its not even buying these equipments, it is about having the right people with right training and frame of mind to put them to use. But basic minimum MUST be provided. All the pot-bellied men in the military leadership and ministry of defence should better remedy the situation. This is why I hate to see either police or military men with pot belly. The NASS should hear this and ask the questions. My brother, I wish you guys God's protection. I'm even fed up with this Boko Haram madness. How was Boko Haram able to gather such magnitude of man and materials in a state under SOE and military lock down? I'm tired of discussing Boko Haram.

Meanwhile, operation BOYONA was only created in last August. How comes its already lacking basics few days into the operation?
@OP, I hope when you too becomes oga, you'll remember to do the RIGHT thing.

is there no way to ensure that the money released is used on purpose? no monitoring? considering d corruption factor.

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Is Broke-adams Oshiomhole / Must Read: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From A Single NSCDC Official / HMM! Massive Corruption Going On Under Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala’s Watch – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.