Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

The 19 Wordpress Plugins That Keep My Blog On Track - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The 19 Wordpress Plugins That Keep My Blog On Track (443 Views)

Top Must Have Wordpress Plugins. / Over 100 Wordpress Plugins and 600 Themes for FREE! / Top 5 Wordpress Plugins That Speed Up Your Blog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 19 Wordpress Plugins That Keep My Blog On Track by vowiski(m): 6:47am On Sep 23, 2013
WordPress is my preferred choice of blogging platform because it really makes life easier with plugins and the good news is that, lot of them are entirely free but that doesn’t mean things can’t get nasty at times.

Plugins are great but too much of it can cause more harm than you can imagine. They are a couple of plugins that could affect your blog’s traffic negatively by hampering on your blog’s speed. It’s no longer news that the loading time of your blog affects it’s ranking on Google search algorithm. That said; they are also a few that could eat up your host’s CPU resources and by the time you awake, you would be kicked out of their services or forced to upgrade.

Don’t Forget: 48 CommentLuv Dofollow Blog To Increase Your Blog Traffic

Despite the negatives, you can take the positives out of it because there are still a good number of plugins that will make your life easier and leave your blog in perfect shape. I tried over 40 plugins and finally settled for these 19. This is particularly great for me because when I first attempted blogging without success some years ago, I had 87-plugins installed on my blog. cheesy . . That’s scary right? I totally agree with you.

So here is the list;
1. Akismet

A fantastic spam protection plugin developed by WordPress. This is the first WordPress plugin every blogger has to activate and then other things would come in nicely. Askimet is great but for optimum result, I combined it with Anti-spam.
2. Anti-Spam

Selecting the best plugin to combat spam was my most difficult task on this blog. I spent 14-days trying 8-different plugins and I couldn’t ask for more after the combined effect of Anti-Spam and Akismet completely eliminate spam from my blog. You hate spam as much as I do? Then this combined effect is for you.

Recommended: How To Speed Up Your WordPress Blog
3. CommentLuv

Arguably the best commenting plugin out there and I love it specifically for the outstanding features that comes bundled with it. It’s one of the ways I keep track of my commenter’s recent articles. CommentLuv also encourages comments especially if you are providing “dofollow” links.

It is thanks to Andy; the author of this plugin and special appreciation to him for accepting to publish my third guest post on his blog.
4. Engageya

Continue Reading

(1) (Reply)

PROMO; Get An Affordable Website For Your Business And Organisation / Search Engine Optimization Guide / Web Design Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.