Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,618 members, 7,865,489 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:02 PM

. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / . (1276 Views)

Does Tiles Sell In Nigeria Carries " P.E.I WEARING RATINGS" ? / 1 Acre (8plots) Of Land For Sell In - DSC Express Road - Okpaka Town in DELTA / 2 Building Story For Sell In Mokola @ibadan Oyo State,near Premier Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 23, 2013
Re: . by whirlwind7(m): 8:26am On Sep 23, 2013
Without extra tough security bars over the window (here, we call them burglary proofs cheesy) and 10 ft high perimeter fence with electrified razor wires? Nah, nobody will buy them. Except, of course, you are gonna supply each unit with three heavily armed ass kickers!
Re: . by Gbawe: 9:00am On Sep 23, 2013
Some beautiful designs. I especially like the second one with glass and timber construction shown below. I think times are changing and Africans are now more open to modernist/minimalist designs like these. The main challenge would be the conservatism and security consciousness of Nigerians.

It would be essential to find a way to incorporate burglary-proofing into the design. This would then throw up the challenge of finding unobtrusive ways of doing this without ruining aesthetic appeal which, for these design, was always predicated on openness and taking advantage of natural light. Culturally also, Nigerians are not too keen to 'advertise' the content of their homes. A design that does precisely that may not appeal to many.

I think young Nigerians may patronise these sort of houses if security is not compromised as a sacrifice for having a modernist home. Older and more conservative Nigerians would probably not be too taken with these designs.

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1320783_kettle-hole-02-800x533_jpgffc57fbc6129606ebd1cf7fecd5fa5ee[/img]
Re: . by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 23, 2013
[size=15pt]As you build finish, Armed Robbers go text you their account number make you dey pay in their own

And you no get choicegrin[/size]
Re: . by whirlwind7(m): 9:09am On Sep 23, 2013
@ Gbawe: You are right. I love these designs. They are so cool. But how secure are they? When you see the way robbers smash through brick walls and metal doors to gain access to homes, you will hesitate to build like this. Nevertheless, i got plans to model something of this sort in my project. I love large windows!
Re: . by Gbawe: 9:28am On Sep 23, 2013
whirlwind7: @ Gbawe: You are right. I love these designs. They are so cool. But how secure are they? When you see the way robbers smash through brick walls and metal doors to gain access to homes, you will hesitate to build like this. Nevertheless, i got plans to model something of this sort in my project. I love large windows!

This is the main challenge. Responding to it will mean 'bricking up' more or deploying metal burglary-proofing which presents another new challenge entirely. I.e the "large windows" you mention make it difficult to deliver metal burglary proof that will retain tensile strength so it is not easy to pry apart or breach by a determined home invader. When you eventually come up with such, it will almost always be heavily fortified burglary-proof that will ruin the overall aesthetic even if it has satisfied its core brief of providing an effective barricade against home invasion.

Like you, I love large windows as well and I am glad to hear you are planning a modernist project. In fact, I like replacing walls and ceilings with glass innovatively. In Nigeria, such design passion or preference may be very hard to indulge and one may have to settle for something a bit more 'sensible'.
Re: . by Gbawe: 9:57am On Sep 23, 2013
whirlwind7: @ Gbawe: You are right. I love these designs. They are so cool. But how secure are they? When you see the way robbers smash through brick walls and metal doors to gain access to homes, you will hesitate to build like this. Nevertheless, i got plans to model something of this sort in my project. I love large windows!

Bruv, check out this beauty in South Africa. Go to the website for more details.

http://www.saota.com/projects/glen-2961-cape-town-south-africa

Re: . by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 23, 2013
Re: . by Gorrbachev: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2013
Yes, look for a remote land and develop it. create your own gated city with other rich friends.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 23, 2013
Re: . by seunfly: 11:27am On Sep 23, 2013
My brother, it's a serious business in Lagos and Abuja. I can give u guaranty that it is going to sell faster in those two locations. Presently i'm a real estate broker in Abuja and i can tell u how juicy it is now in Abuja, their are alot of financier who re begging land owners to develop their land for them.
Honestly property business is one of the juciest and less risky business to go into in Abuja and Lagos right now.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 23, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 25, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Executive 3bedroom Bungalow For Sale @ THOMAS ESTATE AJAH (pics) / Land & House For Sale In Crown Estate, Sangotedo By Shopprite / Interest Free Mortugage For Houses in Fresh Dew Court Agbara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.