Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,263 members, 7,860,610 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:16 PM

Four Easy Ways Of Gaining Recognition And Getting Paid In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Easy Ways Of Gaining Recognition And Getting Paid In Nigeria (419 Views)

No Subsidy Paid In January— Kachikwu / UK MP Calls For Recognition Of Biafra Agitation / Radio Biafra Is Gaining Relevant Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Easy Ways Of Gaining Recognition And Getting Paid In Nigeria by dowl: 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2013
In elementary school, my teachers forced civic duties and social responsibilities into my thick skull. They made it seem glamorous to serve my motherland; they always spoke of national honor and the respect I’ll garner from everyone around me if I made my country proud. I went into secondary school, still dreaming of honor. I worked hard, studied hard and made it to the university still eyeing that national honor I’ll one day get through positive hard work and dedication. Few years into my university education, as I watched my renowned , well-traveled and seasoned Professors battle poverty I became disillusioned. There was no national honor awaiting me for being a good citizen, even if there was it would be a senseless plaque and a 2 seconds handshake from my president. Nigeria doesn’t care if you design a new flag or compose an anthem for them, school children would probably read of you and cram your name to pass examinations but you’ll certainly live in poverty. Maybe the President will show up at your funeral to extol your good virtues and shed fake tears to earn publicity points.

I am an overachiever who loves getting paid for every achievement. I don’t want the President at my funeral, my family would rather hire mourners than have the President shed fake tears over my eternal resting place. I want to rest in peace, not swim in crocodile tears.

The thought of no national honor plus monetary aid awaiting me, gave me more sleepless nights than the mosquitoes song. I almost felt bad about every the community service I’ve rendered. How do I get into social studies textbooks and still drive a range rover around town?. Night after night I tossed on my bed, I prayed to higher beings for inspiration, stalked Google and threw weird questions everywhere. Gbam! Like thunderbolt, it hit me when I read the story of the Stowaway teenager on Vanguard News.

You and I deserve national honor, recognition and a fat pay cheque. We’ve been good citizens, we clean our houses and drop the waste in the gutter, waiting for the rain to pour down and flush it out. We only pee on roadsides that do not have “ Do not Urinate here” written around and so National recognition is a must. Here is a list of options we could probably try out…feel free to pick whichever soothes you.

Read the rest http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/xz-articles/four-easy-ways-of-gaining-recognition-and-getting-paid-in-nigeria.62/#.UkAz2tLyJNA

(1) (Reply)

Ex-militants,pdp Officials,part Of Jonathan’s Outsized Entourage To New York / What Is The Way Forward Against Terrorism. / Honesty Is What I Need Here In This Question Below:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.