Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies (1194 Views)

Unreliable Cyberpower Inverters / 1 Unit Of Cyberpower 5kva Inverter + 3good Batteries For Sale / Cyberpower Inverter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by hazelj: 2:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
This is to inform the public to avoid Cyberpower inverters sold by Buyright and Pragmatic Technologies as much as possible. I have used 2 of them and the most recent one has been sent to them for repairs twice in the 5 months i have used it while i have been charged N50,000 to fix a fault in the previous one i had which hardly makes any sense. The worst part is the customer service from the dealers (Pragmatic Technologies) who try to extract money from you at all cost if it gets damaged even when it is under warranty. This is done by insisting on collecting installation fees from buyers to exercise their warranty. As far as i am aware they are the only dealers doing this in the market now. The 3.5kva I had before was terribly inefficient, it doesn't last up to 4 hrs with 20% load, this could be due to the huge fans it has which keep drawing current from the batteries when it is in inverter mode despite costing N150,000. It also used to draw large amounts of current from my 6.5kva gen when charging. Of course no one will tell you this until you have bought it and it starts affecting your generator. It ended up frying my batteries and even stopped working at some point, i took it for repairs and was told to bring 50k to fix it. I do not deal on inverters and i am not suggesting any particular inverter for anyone to buy but please stay away from Cyberpower inverters and pragmatic technologies. The stress they will put you through if you have issues with their products is not worth it.
Re: Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by hazelj: 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
Use this inverter at your own risk
Re: Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by dynermix(m): 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
hazel_j: Use this inverter at your own risk

i quite disagree with u on this inverter. i have been using the 2kva type close to 6months now which i bought at city mall and its been functioning well.
Re: Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by hazelj: 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
@dynermix Pray that you have no issues with it. Best of luck
Re: Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by hazelj: 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
Re: Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by hazelj: 9:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
Bump
Re: Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by dROC1: 1:02am On Sep 24, 2013
hazel_j: Bump

What u bumping for? Besides you posted this wrongly in the auto section.
Thanks for the warning though.
Re: Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by kiretiv: 5:47am On Sep 24, 2013
I guess you bought the inverter in Portharcourt cos they are the only ones that behave like that. I bought their 5KVA Inverter and I can tell you that I regret buying it. The guy insisted I pay for the installation that was indicated free on their site. i called the main office in lagos and they made me knew that the installation costs is already in the cost of the inverter, and ordered the guy in PH to go do the installation without asking for a dime. Well to cut the story short I had to make up my mind to keep using till it gets damaged and i will go for another make. So I will advice people to avoid this guys especially the ones in PH as they are out to ruin the business and run people down by asking for more even with the warranty.
Re: Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by hazelj: 8:51am On Sep 24, 2013
@Kiretiv I bought mine in Lagos which is supposed to be their HQ but the treatment i have received from the Pragmatic repair staff is nothing short of shocking. I still regret buying that inverter till now.
Re: Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by hazelj: 10:28am On Sep 24, 2013
Still battling with these guys to fix my inverter under warranty since the inverter is less than 5 months old. They are still insisting on collecting money despite having fixed it some weeks back under warranty.
Re: Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by hazelj: 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2013
@idsolar This 3.5kva inverter was the worst inverter i have used since the almost 9 yrs i have been using inverters. Just decided to try them because its a european product but i was highly disappointed with its performance. It beeps continously when there is no power you have to manually stop it from beeping whenever there is no power which is terribly annoying, then i believe the conversion efficiency is very poor because i could never use it for more than 3 or 4 hrs with minimal load without it going to low battery even from when the batteries were new. I had to resort to just sleeping with it and using only ceiling fans with it still by morning it starts beeping after carrying 2 fans for just 6 hrs. I believe that is an abominable performance for an inverter that i spent 160k to buy.
Re: Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by ayoman: 1:17am On Oct 10, 2013
@dynermix,pls enjoy this inverter while it lasts,when it eventually blows up even under warranty,the wuruwuru u will experience from pragmatic technologies will clear your eyes
Re: Beware Of Cyberpower Inverters & Pragmatic Technologies by dynermix(m): 7:04am On Aug 11, 2014
My inverter still working uptill now

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Sale : Mint Used Blackberry Z10 For Sale 50k Or Swap With Iphone5 / GSM Voice Gateway For PABX & GSM Desktop Phone Available For Sale / Usa Used Hp Probook 650 G1 Core I7 6gb 1.5tb + 1tb ext. With Carrying Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.