Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid (25038 Views)

Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding / Governor Aliyu Stalls Impeachment Bid, Lockout Legislators / No Need For International Force In Boko Haram Fight - President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
** Impeach President Jonathan, Get N10million And Car Each- G7 Governors To Lawmakers.

The last may not have been heard of the crisis rocking the PDP as indications emerged over the weekend that loyalists of the Baraje faction of the party in the House have been allegedly promised N10 million and a car each to initiate impeachment proceedings against the president.

Although it could not be ascertained if the promise has been redeemed, THISDAY learnt that the largesse was dangled before the lawmakers by the seven aggrieved governors who are the financiers of the splinter group known as the New PDP and the brains behind the walkout staged by some delegates at the mini-national convention of the party held on August 31.

But the leader of the G57 lawmakers in the House, Hon. Andrew Uchendu, has dismissed the allegation of inducement to impeach Jonathan as untrue.

Uchendu said he and his colleagues were not after Jonathan and would not allow a situation where the president's name would be dragged into the ongoing crisis in the party.

“It is not true. It is completely untrue. As the leader of the group of lawmakers in the House who have endorsed the vision of Baraje and the seven governors, our focus is not to impeach Jonathan.

“As a founding member of the party, I am putting my integrity on the line and I can tell you that what we are agitating for is that the party should be repositioned to enable it perform better in future elections.

“The party is currently in a bad shape and if we go to the next elections as factionalised as the party is today, we stand the risk of losing such an election and that is not what we wish on our party,” Uchendu said.

A source close to the mainstream PDP had told THISDAY that the visit by Baraje and the seven governors was designed to test the ground and mobilise support for the actualisation of the impeachment agenda.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lawmakers-vow-to-fight-president-s-impeachment-bid/159697/

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by akpanoka: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
Rivers Oyel money. Hmmmmm what an aaacctivity in futility

They must be fools to think Nigerians will fold their hands and watch a president elected by millions being ousted by 7 rascals, who are desperately seeking political relevance.

64 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by akpanoka: 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
Rivers Oyel money. Hmmmmm what an activity in futility

They must be fools to think Nigerians will fold their hands and watch a president elected by millions being ousted by 7 rascals, who are desperately seeking political relevance.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nonsense Story,what we heard earlier was that Jonathan promised the Lawmakers Cash to impeach Tambuwal.
All na Propaganda..and counter-Propaganda.

10 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by Tolexander: 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
If this is true, that means the N2.5million for each lawmaker to impeach their leaders is also real.

3 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by validplanet: 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
are they so cheap?

who takes over aso rock if jonathan is impeached? senate president?

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by tomakint: 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
If the news here is anything to go by, I am very sure the bulk of the purported largese (bribe money) will be coming from the pocket of Amaechi, the political bastaard from the South cavorting with strange bed fellows up North undecided

45 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by stebell(m): 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
tomakint: If the news here is anything to go by, I am very sure the bulk of the purported largese (bribe money) will be coming from the pocket of Amaechi, the political bastaard from the South cavorting with strange bed fellows up North undecided
My guy, I'm giving yu 1million Likes on dis comment alone.

Long Live #GEJ#

Goodluck to all haters till 2019

46 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by Mogten(m): 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
Clowns!
Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by hillsate: 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The last may not have been heard of the crisis rocking the PDP as indications emerged over the weekend that loyalists of the Baraje faction of the party in the House have been allegedly promised N10 million and a car each to initiate impeachment proceedings against the president.

Although it could not be ascertained if the promise has been redeemed, THISDAY learnt that the largesse was dangled before the lawmakers by the seven aggrieved governors who are the financiers of the splinter group known as the New PDP and the brains behind the walkout staged by some delegates at the mini-national convention of the party held on August 31.

But the leader of the G57 lawmakers in the House, Hon. Andrew Uchendu, has dismissed the allegation of inducement to impeach Jonathan as untrue.

Uchendu said he and his colleagues were not after Jonathan and would not allow a situation where the president's name would be dragged into the ongoing crisis in the party.

“It is not true. It is completely untrue. As the leader of the group of lawmakers in the House who have endorsed the vision of Baraje and the seven governors, our focus is not to impeach Jonathan.

“As a founding member of the party, I am putting my integrity on the line and I can tell you that what we are agitating for is that the party should be repositioned to enable it perform better in future elections.

“The party is currently in a bad shape and if we go to the next elections as factionalised as the party is today, we stand the risk of losing such an election and that is not what we wish on our party,” Uchendu said.

A source close to the mainstream PDP had told THISDAY that the visit by Baraje and the seven governors was designed to test the ground and mobilise support for the actualisation of the impeachment agenda.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lawmakers-vow-to-fight-president-s-impeachment-bid/159697/

[size=15pt]PLEASE BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY COMMENT ON A POST WITH A LINK, CHECK THE LINK FIRST.
WHOEVER POSTED THIS IS JUST BEING MISCHIEVOUS. THIS IS FAKE.
[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by PehaKaso: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
Finally, we'll now have something 2 hinge our plans on. Abeg make una impeach am & live 2 tell d story
Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by cashkid18(m): 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
hmmm..10mil n a car since he became d presdent i hv nt made dt such of moni..i will impeach him wit immediate effect if i hv d power grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
grin grin grin I de laugh like Obasanjo kia kia kia.It would take more than the legislators to impeach the president!! Even if the legislature successfully musters the required 2/3 majority it would still not be enough to remove the president.It would also involve the judiciary and I bet you that lots of kangaroo judgements would be procured on which GEJ would hinge on to render their actions null and void.

Simply put an African president cannot be impeached!! The processes involved are just too vague and cumbersome for it to be achieved.Furthermore the powers the president wields is just too enormous for such a project to see the light of the day!!

18 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by oshyno(m): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
hillsate:

[size=15pt]PLEASE BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY COMMENT ON A POST WITH A LINK, CHECK THE LINK FIRST.
WHOEVER POSTED THIS IS JUST BEING MISCHIEVOUS. THIS IS FAKE.
[/size]
Believe me I don't know if I shud call u a fool. Cuz daz wat u just depicted here. Ur the type that comments without reading . Dumbskull.

5 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by dridowu: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
I dont belive ds goddamn story, but anyway i personally enjoy ds roforofoism going on feedeefee

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by arcis: 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
It obvious that @op is MISCHIEVOUS. The origin of the news IS FAKE.
Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by Isiterere(m): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
another senseless post again, the post and the source are contradictory

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by gerrardomendes(m): 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
gooluck to the opposition. Gej 2019

9 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by webpower84: 6:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
What an insincere Nigerian! Liar! Everyone should click on d link first before commenting
Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
Let me state that nO so called G7 rascals can touch MR President The shud be happy that Jonathan is not me(yes my humble self).

I have nothin to really say other than............

No Vacancu in Aso Rock till 2019(and beyond)

3 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by shaqoloye(m): 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
A post by a fool.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by ShineuEye: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
Are they mad?
Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by ShineuEye: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
shaqoloye: A post by a fool.

If you didn't know let me tell you today,you're the biggest scumbag on nairaland.

10 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
I see in my dreams, children playing in a market square...
Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by shaqoloye(m): 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
Shine u Eye:

If you didn't know let me tell you today,you're the biggest scumbag on nairaland.

I cant engage lapdog like you... Your response shows u are one of I have no shoes paparrazzi

6 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by Jayses(m): 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
J
Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by Youngzedd(m): 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
Booked.
Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
The source and this post is contradictory............... however Jonathan can never be impeached, Let the lawmakers try and impeach him if na their papa born them
Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by androidFather: 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
Benin City Social-economic activities paralise due to heavy downpour (photos)
Socio-economic activities and vehicular movement in Benin metropolis were literally brought to a halt Monday, following the downpour that lasted several hours.

Best Orator reports that some vehicles and residential houses in Ugbowo area were submerged as a result of the magnitude of the flood. Flooding took over several residential areas and major streets in Benin metropolis as a result of the down pour which lasted several hours. The situation at textile mill forced motorists to abandon their vehicles hoping to continue their journey when the flood subsides.

see pics
http://g-loaded..com/2013/09/benin-city-social-economic-activities.html
Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by Freiburger(m): 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
A goat had a dream that he was used for pepper soup and told his mum about it, Guess what the mum's reply was :
''No be wetin no go happen''

3 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by AkinDavid2: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sidon look activated.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid by denony(m): 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
NA ME BE THIS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Day Buhari Showered Praise On Ekweremadu. / Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land / Sing National Anthem In Yoruba Daily, Gov. Ambode Tells Lagos Principals, Teache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.