Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian (1460 Views)

Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / Senate Condemns UNIPORT Killings / Boko-Haram Denies Responsibility For Mubi Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by BadAttitude(m): 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
[b]I am here to speak my mind and regardless of what anyone might term it,na for your pocket.
We have to come to terms with the very fact that these terrorists guys are taking their business to another dimension! Someone made an analysis that i felt compelled to reason with...

We are all aware of the kenya Mall incident and how painful it touched us humans that a fellow Human being is asked the name of Prophet Mohammed's mother and if you fail...you are shot in cold blood. I got scared to even visit Shoprite at APO cos the incident that occurred in APO might not be far from a plan to replicate what happened in Kenya here in Abuja.... this might appear far-fetched to some people thats why they are my thoughts.

If you are really of the opinion that the men of the DSS killed innocent squatters as claimed by some blockhead media reportage and BH sympathizers why did they not go on rampage after the Ombatse killing those guys wen they are unprepared...after all they were duly provoked by the killing of 10 of their men.

There is just NO way, the men of the DSS whom have been in the fore-front of the BH fight would just get up one sweet morning and go kill random squatters...it just does not seem logical to me in any sense. The antecedent of the DSS speak for them so all you guys saying otherwise need some reset button to help you think for yourself...there are alot of uses for the head, one of them is to think,and not be swayed by saharareporters and other pathetic reporting to discredit the only agency policing the country just so that BH boys can have a field day... Be wise![/b]

All of you professionals in labelling NLanders with names just becos they express a diff view from the bandwagonism floating around ... feel free to tag me. I no send you! grin grin grin

If you have a better opinion or even a worse one, the floor is open...knock yaself out!

14 Likes

Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by SherlockHolmes1(m): 10:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
hmmn...thinking is hard work o... but u have a point though... what surprised me more was the fact that Police said they wanna investigate the DSS... laughable. its like a blind man trying to lead a one eyed man...

6 Likes

Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by bubadaniel13: 10:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
;DI thugt I was the only one thinking along that line not until I saw this post, the truth of the matter is that we Nigerians are just too emotional whenver something haappens, we tend to align ourselves to emotions other than rationality,terrorism has become global, we in Naija are not safe either, those who have been fighting for us that is, our security agencies who do not have spare lives, are been criticised by some funny characters. Now is the time we need to encourage our security men more than enough, cos na person wei get liver go fight those boko boys who are willing to die at no cause oh..me I don talk my own
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by 1800bc(f): 10:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
I hate it when reasonable tins are being discussed and u mention the Police... Nigeria does not have Police...period.
As for DSS or SSS (i dont knw which is which sef... )if wat u are doing is right and its working,continue doing it. What happened in Kenya is scary.

3 Likes

Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by Makzylopez: 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
Are we talking about destitutes or terrorists 4 crying out loud. I just went tru d post on kenya mall shootings and came 2 conclussion that the SSS and the military needs 2 be commended 4 such a timely intervention in foiling the plans of those evils operating a cell in Apo. I just imagine if kenya mall incident is replicated in Shoprite, just a stone throw frm the raided den of the terrorists, it would have been a National tragedy that we all would av questioned the competency of our secrity agencies...thank God it never happened.
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by Vegetablesoup: 10:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
1800bc: I hate it when reasonable tins are being discussed and u mention the Police... Nigeria does not have Police...period.
As for DSS or SSS (i dont knw which is which sef... )if wat u are doing is right and its working,continue doing it. What happened in Kenya is scary.

I luvs u.
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by KingSolomonI: 10:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
Vegetable soup:

I luvs u.

Remove the 's' blockhead.
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
But What's wrong with this religious terrorists It's annoying, because someone does not share the same beliefs with you, you decide to kill them, funny part is that they still have followers or faithfuls as They're called...sighs and leaves the thread*
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by KingSolomonI: 11:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
All na ET tinz... Jesus shuld come sooner make we go rest. Repent and be born again...dont worry even if u dont repent,i wont jihadize or crusadize u...na ur choice... (if only those extremist knew this) Abeg pass the word!

3 Likes

Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by BadAttitude(m): 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
Vegetable soup:

I luvs u.

1st candidate for RESET...back to factory settings.
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by Joeadamu86: 11:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
Bad Attitude: [b]I am here to speak my mind and regardless of what anyone might term it,na for your pocket.
We have to come to terms with the very fact that these terrorists guys are taking their business to another dimension! Someone made an analysis that i felt compelled to reason with...
We are all aware of the kenya Mall incident and how painful it touched us humans that a fellow Human being is asked the name of Prophet Mohammed's mother and if you fail...you are shot in cold blood. I got scared to even visit Shoprite at APO cos the incident that occurred in APO might not be far from a plan to replicate what happened in Kenya here in Abuja.... this might appear far-fetched to some people thats why they are my thoughts.
If you are really of the opinion that the men of the DSS killed innocent squatters as claimed by some blockhead media reportage and BH sympathizers why did they not go on rampage after the Ombatse killing those guys wen they are unprepared...after all they were duly provoked by the killing of 10 of their men.
There is just NO way, the men of the DSS whom have been in the fore-front of the BH fight would just get up one sweet morning and go kill random squatters...it just does not seem logical to me in any sense. The antecedent of the DSS speak for them so all you guys saying otherwise need some reset button to help you think for yourself...there are alot of uses for the head, one of them is to think,and not be swayed by saharareporters and other pathetic reporting to discredit the only agency policing the country just so that BH boys can have a field day... Be wise![/b]

All of you professionals in labelling NLanders with names just becos they express a diff view from the bandwagonism floating around ... feel free to tag me. I no send you! grin grin grin

If you have a better opinion or even a worse one, the floor is open...knock yaself out!
Even though ur name is not encouraging, u have made a lot of sense,that's just a picture things and its the truth, I want to assure that u are not the only one having such thoughts.We Nigerians are very intelligent and vigilant, we know the agencies that are working to keep this country together, the Army and DSS deserve a standing ovation from us all.
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by akpanoka: 5:11am On Sep 24, 2013
Alqaeda released a statement urging all muslims and terrorist cells linked with the grroup to attak US interest and those of their ally. Few days after, we had d US naval shooting where about 23 people were killed(according to some reports), the Kenya mall incident, the Pakinstani Church bombing on sunday where about 100 or so were killed. In Nigeria, happening at d same time, d Apo guys, some were killed, and probably some escaped.

We must recall that our own Boko Haram hass link with Alqaeda. Last Sallah, the US intercepted communications between alqaeda leaders, and Boko Haram allegedly Participated, that's to show us how far they've gone. They have attacked Abj before and can attack it again if proactive measures are not emplaced.

The DSS has being at d forefront of dd nation's camapaign against teorror. Even Ihejirika acknowledged it recently when I attended my brothers passing out in their college. So we must give them credit, more so that it was their operation in collaboration with d Army. These 2 organisations are tested and trusted. Hardly would u hear of accidental discharge involving them. They are professionals and I love them cos they spend fortune in training their staff

Lastly, we need to work with d security agencies. We must not bring religion in all issues. The men have done their work to avert disaster, they deserve commendaation. What if Abuja was attacked? And many people killed? Perhaps ur parents involved, God forbid? Security people are to safe lives, they won't go about destroying for no reason. I believe them, I stand with them, and Criminals shouldn't commit crime where I am, cos I GO REPORT U GIVE THEM
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by BlackMamba2: 5:59am On Sep 24, 2013
All this thinz even plus the BH goons still better pass ''World War Z'' tinz....abeg who get BB charger?
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by Joeadamu86: 6:34am On Sep 24, 2013
akpanoka: Alqaeda released a statement urging all muslims and terrorist cells linked with the grroup to attak US interest and those of their ally. Few days after, we had d US naval shooting where about 23 people were killed(according to some reports), the Kenya mall incident, the Pakinstani Church bombing on sunday where about 100 or so were killed. In Nigeria, happening at d same time, d Apo guys, some were killed, and probably some escaped.

We must recall that our own Boko Haram hass link with Alqaeda. Last Sallah, the US intercepted communications between alqaeda leaders, and Boko Haram allegedly Participated, that's to show us how far they've gone. They have attacked Abj before and can attack it again if proactive measures are not emplaced.

The DSS has being at d forefront of dd nation's camapaign against teorror. Even Ihejirika acknowledged it recently when I attended my brothers passing out in their college. So we must give them credit, more so that it was their operation in collaboration with d Army. These 2 organisations are tested and trusted. Hardly would u hear of accidental discharge involving them. They are professionals and I love them cos they spend fortune in training their staff

Lastly, we need to work with d security agencies. We must not bring religion in all issues. The men have done their work to avert disaster, they deserve commendaation. What if Abuja was attacked? And many people killed? Perhaps ur parents involved, God forbid? Security people are to safe lives, they won't go about destroying for no reason. I believe them, I stand with them, and Criminals shouldn't commit crime where I am, cos I GO REPORT U GIVE THEM
O boy my eyes don open oh, this ur explanation get weight oh, I wish everybody will see it in that light, prevention is always between that cure,alqaeda is always of the rampage,when the secret police avert such attacks we clap hand for them,if to say any attack happen now me sef go criticize,but at least the casualty is minimal and the attack is prevented that's just the message.
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by BadAttitude(m): 8:47am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by roqchiq(f): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2013
and the police is saying nigerians should probe dss/sss and army over the killings,because dem no follow go.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/sss-killings-police-have-no-say-okiro-psc-boss/

When even our security agencies are fighting amongst themselves to gain political relevance, instead of joining hands and maintaining peace.
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by BadAttitude(m): 10:20am On Sep 24, 2013
roqchiq: and the police is saying nigerians should probe dss/sss and army over the killings,because dem no follow go.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/sss-killings-police-have-no-say-okiro-psc-boss/

When even our security agencies are fighting amongst themselves to gain political relevance, instead of joining hands and maintaining peace.

Exactly!
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by usmanyaro17: 11:10am On Sep 24, 2013
Wallahi is so sad that that wicked people are taking the lives of innocent citizens in the name of religion and ideology, as a practicing Muslim i feel sad and heartbroken when my peaceful religion Islam, is been used by some evil people as a basis for taking innocent lives,we the moderates are always seen as terrorists whereas we have good intentions, while watching what happened in Nairobi Kenya at the shopping mall i felt so bad imagining that it was Nigeria it would have been a disaster. Sincerely my heart goes to all those affected in all the terror attacks, and i want to admonish us to emulate the people in Maiduguri who fighting against terror shunning sentiments, we must support our security agencies and encourage and avoid making statements that will discourage them especially concerning this Apo incident which i am still doubting innocence of those killed. I want to assure u that Islam is still a very peaceful religion in spite of some few bad eggs.Al salama aliakum....

1 Like

Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by Alakeogun: 11:19am On Sep 24, 2013
roqchiq: and the police is saying nigerians should probe dss/sss and army over the killings,because dem no follow go.

The men in black always look for opportunity to rubbish this guys. Recently, the spokesman for the Police was found wanting on unprofessional conduct when he was asked to comment on on an issue in brekete family, is it Only that, accidental discharge, caught on camera collecting bribe, the videos are everywhere. Misfit sad

1 Like

Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by Stallion77(f): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2013
Mstcheeeew!
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by Neversaydie: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2013
Detaching ourselves from all ethnic, religious and emotional strings and bigotry, of what gain would the killings of the purported innocent Apo squatters would be for the Military and SSS. What is there to cover up, at least there was no claim of accidental discharge, they went for an operation based on intelligence given. Also claims are being perpetuated that the people killed are artisans and nigerians have genuine means of livelihood, yet they chose to live in an uncompleted building, knowing fully well that such avenues are being used as kidnappers den and to orchestrate criminal activities.

Coincidentally, on same date with the Apo incident, members of the Boko Haram attacked Benishiekh, a border town in Maiduguri killing about 169 innocent Citizens with little or no condemnation of such dastardly act from Nigerians. Similarly, on Saturday the same terrorist group attacked Konduga Local government and killed 34 persons in Limanti village, yet we keep blaming the security agencies for inaction. Now, a proactive step has been taken to prevent and tackle re-grouping of terrorist group in the Federal capital, and it has been greeted with criticisms. Agreed that not all the squatters are terrorists but why must one pitched his/her tent in such habitat, more so as such unholy assembly also put the lives and property of legal occupants and residents of such location in Jeopardy.

Conclusively, i live in Lagos and i can authoritatively tell you what the "bad boys" use uncompleted building for. Thanks to the Regime of Babatunde Fashola who came and even help to clear, beautify and illuminate place like CMS under bridge, when ordinary whenever it is dark the "bad guys" operate freely and without restraint. In all, why criticizing, let us search our conscience and ask whether we are being fair and just because for every action there must be a cause.

1 Like

Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by Alakeogun: 11:44am On Sep 24, 2013
Alakeogun:

The men in black always look for opportunity to rubbish this guys. Recently, the spokesman for the Police was found wanting on unprofessional conduct when he was asked to comment on on an issue in brekete family, is it Only that, accidental discharge, caught on camera collecting bribe, the videos are everywhere. Misfit sad

The former comissioner in anambra was indicted over allegations of fraud and other related matters. The list is too much !!!olorun. How many of those Guys are have been caught in such acts. These people are ... I. Leave it in Gods hands. Abeg
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by bubadaniel13: 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Neversaydie: Detaching ourselves from all ethnic, religious and emotional strings and bigotry, of what gain would the killings of the purported innocent Apo squatters would be for the Military and SSS. What is there to cover up, at least there was no claim of accidental discharge, they went for an operation based on intelligence given. Also claims are being perpetuated that the people killed are artisans and nigerians have genuine means of livelihood, yet they chose to live in an uncompleted building, knowing fully well that such avenues are being used as kidnappers den and to orchestrate criminal activities.

Coincidentally, on same date with the Apo incident, members of the Boko Haram attacked Benishiekh, a border town in Maiduguri killing about 169 innocent Citizens with little or no condemnation of such dastardly act from Nigerians. Similarly, on Saturday the same terrorist group attacked Konduga Local government and killed 34 persons in Limanti village, yet we keep blaming the security agencies for inaction. Now, a proactive step has been taken to prevent and tackle re-grouping of terrorist group in the Federal capital, and it has been greeted with criticisms. Agreed that not all the squatters are terrorists but why must one pitched his/her tent in such habitat, more so as such unholy assembly also put the lives and property of legal occupants and residents of such location in Jeopardy.

Conclusively, i live in Lagos and i can authoritatively tell you what the "bad boys" use uncompleted building for. Thanks to the Regime of Babatunde Fashola who came and even help to clear, beautify and illuminate place like CMS under bridge, when ordinary whenever it is dark the "bad guys" operate freely and without restraint. In all, why criticizing, let us search our conscience and ask whether we are being fair and just because for every action there must be a cause.
You just hit the nail on the head, that just how the picture is, we must be not be critical about about what we don't especially when it affects security...
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by PrettyRita(f): 12:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
Why is the chairman of the KEKE NAPEP chairman saying that some of his members are still at large after the incident? Who are they and Where are there? This confirms the claim by the SSS that they are terrorists. Those ones at large are some of the suspect who may have disappeared back to their safe haven
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by BadAttitude(m): 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
PrettyRita: Why is the chairman of the KEKE NAPEP chairman saying that some of his members are still at large after the incident? Who are they and Where are there? This confirms the claim by the SSS that they are terrorists. Those ones at large are some of the suspect who may have disappeared back to their safe haven

Really? then this brings a new twist to the whole panorama, cos if you are truly a legit keke Napep operator without anything to hide or any terrorist linkage, the best place to run to for safety would be ur chairman's place especially now that he is openly campaigning for ''justice'' for you.
The 1998 Attack on American Embassy in Nairobi Kenya; these terrorist guys blended into the environment for over 14months engaging in fishing business and some humanitarian services and at the same time observing their target and planning the hit which was a success for them. That incident was a major reason why i did not doubt the DSS side of the story...
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by Stallion77(f): 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
Bad Attitude:

Really? then this brings a new twist to the whole panorama, cos if you are truly a legit keke Napep operator without anything to hide or any terrorist linkage, the best place to run to for safety would be ur chairman's place especially now that he is openly campaigning for ''justice'' for you.
The 1998 Attack on American Embassy in Nairobi Kenya; these terrorist guys blended into the environment for over 14months engaging in fishing business and some humanitarian services and at the same time observing their target and planning the hit which was a success for them. That incident was a major reason why i did not doubt the DSS side of the story...

I did not want to comment about this thing o.... I just googled ur Nairobi claims and it turned out true... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_United_States_embassy_bombings Abeg I am tired of thinking.... Just stay away frm big malls my good people of NAIJA...or better still make it a quick one .... Prevention is better than cure.
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by roqchiq(f): 1:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
Alakeogun:

seriously, its not even a case of pot calling kettle black, because i can't recall hearing about sss accidental discharge, or bribing, but police wahala too much. Even with their nonsense instead of them to back other security agencies in their fight aganist crime, they are playing tactics. Abi no be the same nigerian security all of them be?
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by BeraBera(f): 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
Had it been the SSS did not raid that uncompleted building in APO and frustrate the terrorists plans, how would we have felt if that Kenya mall attack was replicated in Abuja?

Those condemning the SSS for the raid should have a re-think, unless they want to tell me that they are rather in support of Boko Haram killing innocent people.

I know that the SSS does not engage in extrajudicial killings, there's sincerely no smoke without fire

1 Like

Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by BadAttitude(m): 8:01am On Sep 25, 2013
BeraBera: Had it been the SSS did not raid that uncompleted building in APO and frustrate the terrorists plans, how would we have felt if that Kenya mall attack was replicated in Abuja?

Those condemning the SSS for the raid should have a re-think, unless they want to tell me that they are rather in support of Boko Haram killing innocent people.

I know that the SSS does not engage in extrajudicial killings, there's sincerely no smoke without fire

Nice comment but what is the meaning of ur name? it looks like beriberi grin grin grin
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by kettykin: 8:42am On Sep 25, 2013
Before the Apo 11 there was an Apo 9 , the case of the9 Apo 9 was with police brutal killing while the Apo 11 was all about the sss and the army.
Is there something about Apo that is not known to the public meanwhile the mastermind of Apo 9 is today a free man
Re: APO KILLINGS : Thoughts Of A Nigerian by BetaThings: 9:30am On Nov 29, 2013
Bad Attitude: [b]I am here to speak my mind and regardless of what anyone might term it,na for your pocket.

This is just based on conjectures. So who owns the building? a civilian or a retired general
I have discussed this with someone who lives in Abuja - a Christian from the SE. He DOES not believe the story
Did you support the raid on Odi?, Zaki Biam?
One Col Rindam was killed by the police at a checkpoint in Lagos several years ago by the police and they quickly planted a gun beside him
It took the reaction from soldiers for the truth to come out

Do you believe the guys below are guilty - "don't waste ammunition"!

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2010/02/2010298114949112.html

I am a muslim (Alhamdu Li Llah). I have never spilled anybody's blood. And I pray to Allah that I never have cause to do so even in self defence

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Mourns Gen Adekunle / World Health Organization Declares Nigeria Ebola Free.. / Where It All Went Wrong For Nigeria,adekunle's Role & D Way Forward.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.