Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,289 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

A Novel:“ Last Regret” - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Novel:“ Last Regret” (637 Views)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Game He Lost (A Novel). / End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Novel:“ Last Regret” by Aliozorblog(m): 1:54am On Sep 24, 2013
Hello guys, am happy to present to you my new book. Please read on

CHAPTER ONE

Emeka was born into the family of mr and mrs onyebunam , they lived in a small village called isiugwu.
Emeka's parents were farmers, they sell their farm produce to sustain the family.
Emeka as young boy was very brilliant and humble,always ready to take correction and learn from his mistakes. His parents laboured hard to provide for his educational needs because they have known the value and swore that Emeka must have the best of education.
Emeka was always among the top three in his class during his primary education. This attracted the attention of most teachers in his school, including his fellow students and was usually encouraged with gifts from his parents and other well wishers..
Emeka had a very close friend whose name was Ejike, he was also a brilliant boy and they were popularly known as brain box. But did this nick name actually lasted?
Read on and find out....*******
Ejike came from a comfortable home, his parents were business people. His mom owned one of the biggest supermarkets in town.
His is the only boy in the chain of four girls,so his parent always pampered him like an egg.
Emeka and Ejike had alwaya studied together, did absolutely everything together that one could mistakenly take them to be brothers from the same parents.
One day in school , Emeka had a problem with a boy which lead to a fight, from no where Ejike rushed in and together they started fighting the boy. They were later punished by the headmaster for voilating one of the school rules and regilations. On their way home that day , they discussed their future ambitions.
I would like to be a medical doctor,“said Emeka
And what about you ? He asked Ejike. As for me, I would rather want to be a pilot“,Ejike replied.
As they were not going to the same direction, they diverted to their different destunations bading themselves good bye. Emeka suddenly remembered that he did not remind Ejike about their evening studies which the two of them normally hold everyday.
Ejike! Ejike!, Emeka called out to his friend; remember our evening studies; he said. Don't worry, I already have that at the tips of my fingers; Ejike shouted back.
Emeka got home and met an empty house, his parents had probably gone to the market to sell their farm produce as it was the big eke market day. He droped his school bag and changed into his house clothings and went into the kitchen where his mother usually kept his lunch.
That was the usuall way his mother kept food for him as it is believed in their culture that boys are not supposed to venture into their mothers pot. After eating, he tidied up the house and had his siesta before he brought out his books to revise their days lesson.
Looking out of the window after thirty minutes of reading, Emeka saw his friend Ejike coming into their compound with his school bag.
Emmy are you not ready? Ejike inquired.
I will be with you in a few seconds;Emeka replied.
Soon they were strolling down the bush path leading to their school were they conduct their private studies. They met mr okoye one of their school teachers.
Good evening sir ; they greeted in unison.
Thank you boys, where are you boys up to? He asked. We are going to the school for our evening studies;Emeka replied. That's good,keep it up my boys; he said before going away.
Mr okoye was known in school and the entire community for his kind gestures and his funny but disciplinary ways. It was ones said that he helped some students who had no means of furthering their education forge ahead through his financial supports. He never used cane during his lessons for he believed that using cane only scared the student therefore not allowing thr student assimilate what he or she is being taught. Rather he believes in talking to the student in a parental manner.
After their studies that day they retired to their homes. Remember to be early to school tomorrow;Ejike told Emeka
Emeka got home and met his parents already back from the market. Good papa, good evening mama; he greeted them. Good evening my son, how was your studies today ? His father asked. It was fine papa. I hope you finished all the food I kept for you? His mother asked him. Yes mama, I enjoyed the food, thank you.
Emeks's father married his mother for over thirteen years without an issue. Eventually , by their prauer and the grace of God she got pregnant and had Emeka. People who knew them for years were happy for them. That was why they vowed that Emeka must have good and quality education.
Author : Aliozor Okezie
To get the complete book, just drop your email address and you shall have it for free.
Re: A Novel:“ Last Regret” by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 24, 2013
Oga mi sir....jakintayo565@stu.ui.edu.ng is mine o

(1) (Reply)

The Secret To Success: Story / Here Is What Happened In Imo State / What's Your Best Novel So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.