Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) (2414 Views)

Pope Francis Says All Major Religions Are Paths To Same God (photos) / Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God / In Case You Dont Believe in Miracle, Read My Testimony. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) by tutubranch(f): 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
Believing in something is a thing of choice and will be surprised to learn that super successful people dont even believe in the existence of God (especially as Nigerians that we are perhaps bunch of the most religious nation on the earth surface)

The list is a well researched compilation of the atheist celebrities and why they dont believe in God

N.B: I know Seun Osewa, the oga at the top of Nairaland has been mentioned as an atheist, will for now avoid controversy surrounding his belief

1) SEUN KUTI

The statement inspired quite a heated debate on the page as Christianity, Islam and African Traditional religion were under fire from commenters who aired their opinions.

2. ANGELINA JOLIE

In an interview with the AV club, her answer to the question "Is there a God?" Was "hmmm... For some people. I hope so for them. For the people who believe in it, I hope so. There's something in people in people that's so spiritual, that's god-like. I don't feel like doing things just because people say things, but I also don't really know if its better to not just believe in anything either"

3. JODIE FOSTER

In an interview with entertainment Weekly, she revealed: "I'm an atheist but I absolutely love religions and rituals. Even though I don't believe in God. We celebrate pretty much every religion in our family with the kids. They love it and when they say "are we Jewish?" Or " are we catholic?" I say " well I'm not but you can choose when you're 18"

4. TAI SOLARIN

Tai Solarin was also a well known humanist and atheist who opposed the ownership of the schools by churches. Tai Solarin once said that "black(people) hold onto their God just as the drunken man holds on to the street lamp post—for physical support only." Uncle Tai, as he was popularly known, derived immense pleasure in selflessly and fearlessly advocating for a better Nigeria, an action borne out of genuine, unfettered, earnest and heartfelt feeling about the state and future of the nation and the future generation. He was dissatisfied with the mindboggling erosion of values, the misrule and total collapse of all facets of life and sectors in the country and expressed shock at the unfathomable silence and culpability of the leadership and people.

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/09/celebrities-who-are-atheists.html

Re: REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) by tutubranch(f): 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
5. BRAD PITT

Brad who was raised southern baptist in an interview with the New York Daily news said " I'm probably 20 percent atheist and 80 percent agnostic. I don't think anyone really knows. You'll find out or not when you get there, until then there's no point thinking about it"

6. George Clooney

Larry King asked Clooney if he believes in God. He dodged it at first but King pressed and he said he doesn’t happen to be a believer.
That’s OK George. I don’t need a church wedding. I’ll settle for a quick ‘I do’ before a judge. We can choose a judge who also does not believe in God. How about that? Are we on?

7. Bruce Lee

Alex Block: Do you believe in God?
Bruce Lee: To be perfectly frank, I really do not.

Bruce Lee Vs. Chuck Norris! I know it’s unrelated but come on. That would be coolest thing in the world.

8. Mark Zuckerberg – Founder of Facebook

Zuckerberg also got into the headlines for telling one of his friends years ago that he will sell the database of Facebook and that people who are signing up on Facebook are all fools. He said he doesn’t understand, nor does he care, why people are trusting him with their personal data.
Oh, I bet none of you are not going to the delete their Facebook accounts. Hypocrites!

Due to space, view more http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/09/celebrities-who-are-atheists.html

Re: REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) by Ifeness02: 3:52pm On Sep 24, 2013
Why would a sane mind believe in a god?

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) by tutubranch(f): 3:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
seun facebook message on his lack of believing in God

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) by badmeat(m): 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
If you exists,then u doubt,if don't exist u can't doubt,you doubt god because HE exists and u Exist too!

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
Seun Kuti didnt reason well. he should be supporting Traditional Religion. not defend it and then run away.
Re: REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) by pxjosh(m): 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wait oh, is oga seun an atheist?
Re: REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) by UyiIredia(m): 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
pxjosh: Wait oh, is oga seun an atheist?

Yes.

@ OP: Yes. They are really lots of successful atheists out there who live meaningful lives and some who did and died peacably. Even here in Nigeria, despite their paucity.
Re: REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) by UyiIredia(m): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ifeness02: Why would a sane mind believe in a god?

Cause and effect, life on earth and the harmony of natural laws in the universe: evolution fails to answer it and scientific explanations hardly render God useless and I can defend it when I wish.
Re: REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) by Ifeness02: 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Cause and effect, life on earth and the harmony of natural laws in the universe: evolution fails to answer it and scientific explanations hardly render God useless and I can defend it when I wish.

Niether could you prove the existence of a god
Re: REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) by tutubranch(f): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Yes.

@ OP: Yes. They are really lots of successful atheists out there who live meaningful lives and some who did and died peacably. Even here in Nigeria, despite their paucity.

u are right

(1) (Reply)

All Of You That Said Obama Would Be The Last President....How Market Na? / 10 Benefits Of Having A Mighty Mystical Staff Of Powers And Authority [Pics/Vid] / Demonic Attacks & Why You Should Build A Faraday Cage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.