Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

ONE SUBSCRIPTION; VARIOUS USERS. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ONE SUBSCRIPTION; VARIOUS USERS. (696 Views)

What's Your Current Best Data Subscription For Android? / Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? / Which BIS Subscription Works On Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ONE SUBSCRIPTION; VARIOUS USERS. by EverydayICT(m): 4:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
THE IDEA BEHIND DATA SHARING.

DATA SHARE: This is the era of data my friends and everyone wants cheap and efficient ways of maximizing their data usage. Every average individual wants more data to browse and the era of unlimited data plan is gradually slipping away if not already gone. The reason isn’t far fetch as new social networking app and sites get dish out every day; but i find the idea of data sharing a little bit interesting and cost effective.

For every app, product or services created by any individual or group of people, no matter how silly always has an underlining assumption and believes. This is also true for data sharing. So, what exactly is data sharing? In a layman terms; Data sharing is simply sharing your data plan with two or more people irrespective of their location or type of device they use. This means I can have a central SIM residing in a NOKIA TOUCH LIGHT PHONE not capable of browsing, subscribe to a data plan and share the data with the SIM in my Modem, My IPAD, My Samsung Galaxy Phone as well MY Family and Friends SIMs. This is totally different from WIFI Hotspot and Data Gifting because unlike WIFI Hotspot which is phone dependent, Data sharing is network dependent and it’s not limited by the phone type. This means you can use a non GPRS enabled phone to share data to a GPRS enable phone. It also means that I can be in Lagos and share my data with someone in Abuja.

Here is a scenario to fully understand how it works; Let’s say I subscribe to a data plan of 250MB on MTN, ETISALAT or if you are in the USA AT&T with a validity of 1 month and I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters in school (you know student always don’t have money, even the rich ones, it’s a culture) and they want to be able to whatsapp, vibe, tweets their friends but have no money to subscribe and they want your help to pay their internet bills or perhaps you and your friend in different location wish to combine money to subscribe to one data plan, be it 10MB or 16GB.

Well, this is where data share comes into play. You can simply add their name to your data share list and wherever they are they can start browsing with your subscription….cool right….Well, the good part is you can always delete and add them back and its password so anyone can’t just add their number to your list. Ok, mine is just to let you know that this technology exist, yours is to find out from your ISP (Internet Service Provider) how to subscribe for the service.

For those on the MTN Network you can dial *131# and follow the steps. It is actually available on all the major Networks world wide.

At least you know now that data share exist and that is what what I intend to achieve.
Re: ONE SUBSCRIPTION; VARIOUS USERS. by krugar07(m): 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
known already.

(1) (Reply)

How To Run Android Apps And Play Android HD Games On Your PC / Please Nairalanders Help Me In My Quest To Be One Of The Horsemen / Top Up You Airtel Line Using Quickteller – No Atm, No Internet Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.